Your Wardrobe is accessed at Vault-keepers throughout Middle-earth.
- Shared Wardrobe Storage must be purchased, but is available to all account types: VIP, Premium and Free to Play.
- It allows all your characters on the same server and account to store and retrieve items from this shared storage space.
- You can access your Shared Storage directly from the Vault-keeper's menu or by clicking on the icon at the top of the Character Vault or Wardrobe panels.
- Initial space and upgrades are purchased from the Lotro Store, see list below.
- These purchases are applied account-wide per server, and available to all classes and levels.
- VIP players receive 20 Shared Storage slots as part of their subscription.
- If you downgrade from VIP to Premium status:
- Items placed in the Wardrobe as a VIP player can be used and dyed but not replaced.
- Your total available number of Shared Wardrobe slots is reduced by 20 (including the Maximum number of Shared Wardrobe Slots available). I.e. the 20 Shared Wardrobe slots received as a VIP player are removed. You must purchase those 20 slots from the LOTRO Store to again utilize them.
- As of Update 18.2, the maximum Shared Wardrobe limit is 310 slots for VIP players, 250 for Premium and Free to Play accounts, account-wide and permanent.
In a wardrobe you can preview outfits, both bound and unbound, by using the "Dressing Room" (see below.) Once an item is added to the Wardrobe it may be equipped directly from the Wardrobe by any character on your account. Simply drag it correctly to the appropriate slot on your character’s paper doll. Multiple characters can use the item at the same time.
- The Wardrobe preserves your non-bound-outfits to be shared among all of you characters on a world.
- Moving an outfit to the Wardrobe will preserve the original in your pack while copying its appearance (with its restrictions) to your Wardrobe
- Outfits in your Wardrobe can be dyed without needing the original item and every colour is preserved allowing you to store all colours on any given item.
- If the original item is dyed, yet previously stored in wardrobe as another colour, then moving the item back into the Wardrobe will store the new colour.
- Since outfits in your wardrobe are copies, they can only be permanently removed and never restored to your inventory.
- Dragging an item from inventory to the wardrobe merely creates a copy of the original item. The original will remain in your inventory.
- Only the appearance is saved in the wardrobe, not any stats, bonuses, or level/class restrictions.
- Only clothing and armour appearances may be copied, but not jewellery, weapons, nor pocket items.
Equipping - Restrictions
- Any one of your characters on the same world and account may equip any item in the wardrobe. Doing that does not remove the copy from the wardrobe to the equipment slot, hence many characters may equip the same appearance (sharing the copy).
- No restrictions apply to appearances. Hence a hobbit may equip Captain-outfits from the wardrobe, a low-level character may equip outfits obtained in high-level regions, or a new character may equip outfits obtained from a reputation barterer far far away from the beginner areas.
- Deleting the original item does not affect the appearance that is stored in the wardrobe.
- Deleting an item from the wardrobe will not affect the original item. The appearance may be restored if you still have the original item in some character's possession and you create a new copy of it.
- Since outfits in your wardrobe are copies they can only be permanently removed and never restored to your inventory.
- Outfits in your wardrobe can be dyed directly without needing the original item and every colour is preserved allowing you to store multiple colours on any given item.
- This does not affect the original item.
- Additional colors do not take up additional storage - they are added to a dropdown list for that item.
- Note: If the original item is dyed, yet previously stored in wardrobe as another colour, then moving the item back into wardrobe from your Pack or Vault will store the new colour, overwriting any dye that was applied to the wardrobe copy.
- The Dressing Room window allows you to preview any dye color for any cosmetic component.
- Head / Back / Shoulder / Chest / Glove / Leg / Boot
- To call up the Dressing Room window, mouse over any item you can equip (including weapons and LIs) and ctrl+left click.
- You can access the Dressing Room from any item in your Pack, Wardrobe or Vault storage.
- To equip an item in the Dressing Room, simply click on that item.
- You can view ALL available dye colors in the Dressing Room, even if you do not have a container of that color available.