|Welcome to LotRO-Wiki!|
Hello, Wodrid, and welcome to LotRO-Wiki, the Lord of the Rings Online Wiki!
Some useful pointers:
We hope you enjoy editing here!
Sealed relic tooltips
Has the tooltip for e.g. Item:Sealed Device of Agility changed?
We try to keep the text we show in the tooltip as close to the in-game display as possible. Adding the item level to the sealed device page is useful, but modifying the flavour text from the in-game value is a questionable way of doing that.
My screenshot for Item:Sealed Device of Agility from 2012.12.09 shows that there is no text on the sealed relic tooltips which shows the item level requirements.
You only see the item level requirements on the tooltip for the relic itself, after you deconstruct the sealed relic.
When we have a page for the relic, we can use a link to the relic instead of just the name of the relic on the sealed relic page, e.g. Item:Sealed Amethyst Gem of the Enduring Hand and Relic:Amethyst Gem of the Enduring Hand. Then, when you visit the sealed relic page, you can use the relic name to link to the relic page.
- The game changes all the time. I have now idea what it looked like in 2009. Right now there is the required level given on the item. I searched through the whole item template and found no other way than extending the flavour text. Besides from the line distance the item looks now exactly like in the game. I didn't found where to post a current screenshot.
- Wodrid (talk) 01:52, 11 January 2013 (EST)
- For the record, 2012.12.09 is December 9, 2012: just a few days before the U9 came out. It's called an ISO format date: an unambigious international standard date format that transcends language and cultural day and month ordering conventions.
- I happen to be disgusted by the direction Turbine has taken the game recently, particularly with the numerous new features that dumb it down to the point that I find it is no longer as much fun to play. After soloing Haglob (Quest:Warband: Haglob) with my hunter, while taking no (zero, nada) damage, it all seemed to go down hill from there.
- Some of the crafted relics, like Item:Sealed Symbol of Will have included the level text for a long time. Others, like Item:Sealed Device of Battle did not include that text; now it does.
- I am making a big deal about it because it is one more of these undocumented changes that Turbine made with Update 9. Now that we know that this has happened, we can document it properly on the Talk:Update 9, Against the Shadow - December 17, 2012 page. And everyone interested is alerted to yet another stealth change. As a result, someone may feel inspired to fix the Item:Sealed Device of Battle article, and any others that may need it.
- - RingTailCat (talk) 03:41, 11 January 2013 (EST)
Reply to email
Usually, we just chat back and forth on our talk pages, or on the talk pages for the subject of the conversation.
Just indent your addition, and use the "~~~~" macro to drop in your signature at the end.
You can start a new conversational section by inserting a heading. Usually the "==" heading works just fine.
Remember that you can always view the source for a page by using the edit button, and then hit cancel to exit from edit mode. Also, you can make good use of the preview tab on the edit page to review you changes before you commit them to the wiki.
I'm sorry if I came across sounding too grumpy. Your contributions are welcome, and encouraged. Some of the more active editors monitor the "Recent Changes" list, so we will see any new discussions you create. That is a good way to ask questions and get responses. I noticed you did that for the Eastemnet Tailor index page. That was the right place for that question. I don't have an answer: often recipes don't get documented as promptly as locations, and quests.
As I mentioned, the talk pages are really the best places to carry on discussions, as you get the benefit of many opinions. You will also find there are many European editors who may be on-line and active at times that are closer to your own (I'm guessing your location from your email address).