- Previous Talk Page archives can be found at:
file name covers date range Archive 1 May 2011 to August 2011 Archive 2 August 2011 - November 2011 Archive 3 Liquid Threads (LQT) stuff - no data Archive 4 September 2012 - December 2012 Archive 5 January 2013 - December 2013 Archive 6 January 2014 - December 2014 Archive 7 January 2015 - December 2015 Archive 8 January 2016 - December 2016 Archive 9 January 2017 - December 2017 Archive 10 January 2018 - December 2018
Item:Quick Gages of the Abyss
On this item the pic descrip has 1 essence slot showing but the table indicates 2, is it 1 or 2? https://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/Item%3AMighty_Gages_of_the_Abyss
Nevermind looks like it was corected :-)
--Sucamarto 06 February 2018 (UTC)
Udûn quest category
Hi Magill, I was wondering why you decided to transclude the Black Book of Mordor quests into Category:Mordor: Udûn Quests. It results in all of the Udûn quests having all of those quests included in their quest chain (See Quest:A Foothold in Mordor, compared to Quest:Chapter 1.1: Beyond the Black Gate, which is much more reasonable.) I could change the noinclude to cut out the black book quests on the Udûn category page, but I'm not sure why they're there at all, when they're not part of the category. -- Elinnea (talk) 17:00, 6 February 2018 (UTC)
- Hard to say now. :) That structure was created back during the beta, before the full extent of things was apparent.
- In general, the Black Book quest line, is equilivant to the Epic quest line, and should be treated the same way. Although, I don't know that most players realize that fact, and there is confusion between the Epic and the Black Book story lines.
- I don't doubt that the layout wasn't organized that way in the beginning and needs to be fixed.
- The question is probably "how?" The Black Book quests are all available upon entering Mordor... even though (I think) the last couple of chapters are Level 115, and probably not all soloable. So far, I have only completed the first three areas, so I don't have a good picture/idea of how they should all be displayed.
- I have to look at things, but I believe that the whole The Black Book of Mordor needs to be better integrated itself into the whole.
- Mordor itself is a "whole new game" and I know I have not yet quite figured out how to display it on the Wiki. It is much more than an "expansion" of the earlier "LOTRO way."
- I've tried to include many of Made of Lions comments about Mordor on various talk pages so that People can see where he's coming from in putting the entire "book" together.
- I have to run off to a meeting, but I'll get back to this later.
- Wm Magill - Valamar - OTG/OTC - talk 17:59, 6 February 2018 (UTC)
Mordor Project Page
Hey Magill, as you might've seen on Discord, I've made a Mordor project page. The main goal is to have a central place where we can look up what needs doing for Mordor. Some people here have asked how they can help out, and this should help tremendously with finding a place to start.
I know you've done super much for Mordor, making the whole infrastructure and adding pages for about everything. Are you still actively working on certain topics right now? Could you look over the Mordor Project page for To Do things I have been missing and put your name everywhere it needs to be? (I could've just put your name under every topic, hehe, but I'm not sure what you're actually working on right now.)--Ravanel (talk) 10:58, 7 February 2018 (UTC)