User talk:Gisel Avaleazar
|Welcome to LotRO-Wiki!|
Hello, Gisel Avaleazar, and welcome to LotRO-Wiki, the Lord of the Rings Online Wiki!
Some useful pointers:
We hope you enjoy editing here!
Hi, I'm Gisel. Also known as Giseldah on the Lotro forum. I have multiple characters on a number of servers. Among them a few captains on the highest level, a hunter and a minstrel.
I love numbers and puzzling with numbers. :) I've created a spreadsheet, which allows just that: https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthread.php?539545-LotroCalc-calculate-stats-amp-plan-upgrades
- Glad to see someone with an interest in the "stats" -- there have been many changed to LOTRO since the original pages were created with various comments on how the math behind things worked. Without question, everything changed "again" with the advent of the Trait Tree system in Update 12.
- Wm Magill - Valamar - OTG/OTC - talk 21:19, 2 June 2014 (UTC)
Rating to percentage formula
I'm trying to store some things in the wiki which I know of..
I've made this article Rating to percentage formula. It's complicated and tried to add as much visual as possible to make it easier to understand. I think.. perhaps, every article with some specific rating as topic could specify some standard data information and a link to the article which shows how to use that data for making calculations if people wish to.
critical hit rating:
1-50: P=15%, R/L=70
51-84: P=20%, R/L=2124.8/19
85- : P=25%, R/L=3200/19
2: P=5%, K=794.8
3: P=5%, K=1075.2
I could also make some table perhaps in the article itself, because it looks rather complex. xD
Edit: I've added a table to the article now. Ideally, rating topics should be cleaned up, have level/caps information (not the R/L stuff) which is easy to understand and a link to the more complex calculation article.
Did you want me to install the math extension?
I assume it's a scripted thing like I'm using now in OpenOffice Math? I guess it could come in handy.. This from the calculation example doesn't look very well: R/L = (70+2380/57)+((0.22-0.2)/(1-(0.22-0.2)))*(4760/3) But it's not a big problem.
Your very own category
Scalable armour drop sets
I've collected information on every item and made a table here: https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthread.php?553339-Drop-sets&p=7240917#post7240917
Char Stat Derivations - Fate/icpr
Hey Gisel - please check out my comment re Fate/icpr at https://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/Talk:Character_Stat_Derivations
Update 18 Dev Diary on Combat Changes
- In case you did not notice it "EdgeCase" posted a Developer Diary entitled "Combat Changes" in Update 18.
- "Hello, I'm Kevin "EdgeCase" Nolan, and I'd like to talk to you about three major combat changes coming in Update 18: the Avoidance swap, the Mastery revamp, and the Medium Armour Mitigation fix. This diary is going to have a lot of numbers and discussion of deep combat mechanics, so I'll bottom-line it for those of you who are less interested in the nitty-gritty details."
- Wm Magill - Valamar - OTG/OTC - talk 19:38, 13 April 2016 (UTC)
Discovered a Plugin you might find useful - StatWatch
The plugin StatWatch by MaKo over at lotrointerface is something I just discovered. It is a way to grab the stats for your toon from in-game since Turbine eliminated "data.lotro.com" back in 2012.
According to the Author's description, he uses your equations!
You can basically "export" your stats to the chat window, and then copy and paste from the chat window to someplace else. A cumbersome process, but MUCH faster than copying each stat by "eye" from the character window!
He also runs a thread on the forums:
- Yes, I know it and the author. I should take a look some time when I have some time. I'm very busy at the moment with analyzing all the changes. Today, I've examined the armour values on items and I've figured out all the new formulas already I think. :) I have to re-check with next beta, because it contains some bugs. My data is from a few betas back though, so it might have changed. Btw, all new stats are starting in level 250, so if you have an item with item level 300 then it's rather like having an item of level 50. Item level 337 is then 87, etc. --Gisel Avaleazar (talk) 19:19, 14 July 2017 (UTC)
Big changes with mordor???
In Leveling and Difficulty in Mordor - Dev Interview - An interview with Jesse “Vastin” King.
It appears that there are significant changes in the combat system in Mordor itself.
- "So what types of changes can we expect when Mordor launches?
- First off, we reworked the ratings system (things like Armor mitigation, B/P/E, etc) – the old one was arcane and damn near impossible to balance effectively. Pretty much the first thing I did in my new role is design a new ratings system which is much more straightforward. This let me recalibrate everyone’s ratings for the new level range – which will make it quite a bit more difficult to max out your mitigations as you proceed further into Gorgoroth.
- Next, the damage and vitality basis of the game needed to shift somewhat. Players had reached the point where a DPS build could regularly one or two-shot landscape mobs, some tank builds were functionally invulnerable outside of a raid, and so on. In part this necessitates a big bump in monster vitality and damage as we go into Mordor, so they got one. Pretty simple stuff there. Player vitality and damage are going up of course, but they don’t get quite the bump that the mobs did."
- Yes, these big changes already have happened with last update U20.1.2. I have done a lot of research and I have updated Stat caps with all the results. Lvl106 cap ratings are usually 1.5x Lvl105 and Lvl115 cap ratings are 4x Lvl105. Player stats don't go up 4x, so that's giving an effect. In between levels lvl107-114 are a bit of mystery still. Maybe some segments there with small steps instead of a completely straight line. I don't have time to look into these for now. Almost all of Rating_to_percentage_formula is obsolete, because of the new system. I will update it when I have enough information. See https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1tAF2VkT26B2w5Osjo4O0kvCLyksiG6haAgkiJhdhIdE/edit#gid=727315121 for my current research --Gisel Avaleazar (talk) 19:57, 29 July 2017 (UTC)
I have just finished the spreadsheet with all rating information, so I'm able now to update all caps etc. I'm thinking about entering lvl106, lvl115 and lvl115 T2. --Gisel Avaleazar (talk) 16:59, 31 July 2017 (UTC)
Congrats, you've been promoted to Editor! Thanks for all your work on the statistical side of the game. You've proven a reliable contributor over the last few years. :D -- Elinnea (talk) 13:20, 7 August 2017 (UTC)