User talk:Elf of Mirkwood
|Welcome to LotRO-Wiki!|
Hello, Elf of Mirkwood, and welcome to LotRO-Wiki, the Lord of the Rings Online Wiki!
Some useful pointers:
We hope you enjoy editing here!
I noted the image you inserted on the page Gandalf. This brings up two things:
- To align images, rather than trying to put a bunch of blank lines in-line to force it into a location, use the HTML code: < br clear="all"/> (Note there is no space after the leading "<" and the "br". This will insert a single line (the br) and force any pending inserts - Left, Center, Right - to be placed on the page. (The "all" parameter can be Left, Right, or Center according to need.)
- I have already modified the page accordingly so you can see what I'm talking about.
- The second point has to do with PNG vs JPG image formats. The Wiki has standardized on ".jpg" format for IMAGES, (not icons). Please see Help:Images for guidelines on the topic.
- To the above, I would add: Does this image add anything to the article? It's definitely a cool picture, but there are already numerous Gandalf images on that page and this one in particular doesn't actually pertain to Gandalf as he exists in the game (it looks like Ian McKellan and I don't know if the quote appears anywhere in the game). I'm not sure what purpose it fills besides eye candy.
- And remember to use "Show preview," both of you. :P (I forget sometimes, too...) Sethladan 17:40, 5 October 2014 (UTC)
Cleaning up unused images
Hiya, I'm cleaning up unused images and bumped into one uploaded by you back in 2014:
File:Gandalf qoute.png. Because you removed it from a page yourself I'm assuming it is no longer needed. I will check back in a month and delete it if it is still unused by then. --Ravanel (talk) 09:46, 20 August 2016 (UTC)