- Previous Talk Page archives can be found at:
file name covers date range Archive 1 May 2011 to August 2011 Archive 2 August 2011 - November 2011 Archive 3 Liquid Threads (LQT) stuff - no data Archive 4 September 2012 - December 2012 Archive 5 January 2013 - December 2013 Archive 6 January 2014 - December 2014 Archive 7 January 2015 - December 2015 Archive 8 January 2016 - December 2016 Archive 9 January 2017 - December 2017 Archive 10 January 2018 - December 2018
- Being the Archive of my Talk page - January 2015 to December 2015
Great planning and additions to Roving Threats, thumbs up! :) I have not been able to find the time to test the coming patch on Bullroarer this time, but with the update going live today I'm sure we can get the new content added in properly. --Tharondir (talk) 06:41, 4 February 2015 (UTC)
Re: Tordang Camp skippable quests
What wording would you prefer? That is the logical place for the info, since that's where readers seeking the info would be viewing. Searchers have no other way to know were the info provided elsewhere, and currently the wiki is missing the info entirely since your edit!
Good work on collecting the rank and buff data, I tend to focus more on the content (like quests, armour sets, items, NPCs) than on other things. I think working together like this is excellent. I am currently running tests on how exactly the new keeps in Osgiliath (Bridges and the four location keeps) are switched and what kind of NPCs are stationed there if either side is holding them. Then I will start creating articles for each of them and also start working on the main article (The Sundering of Osgiliath). Build 2 of u16.2 beta sadly did not include the final map for the Osgiliath PvMP region but still uses a crude pre-viz version that I do not want to upload here because it is a) not final and b) sort of ugly. I hope they finish the map art four build 3 so I can get to adding the coordinates and start writing the main article. --Tharondir (talk) 07:20, 5 July 2015 (UTC)
I saw you just removed my redirect for the quest Quest:To Bâr Húrin. I made it because I thought it meant to exist to redirect people who search for the quest without typing any special characters. Was I wrong in that assumption? --Freepy (talk) 00:12, 25 July 2015 (UTC)
- In theory, the search engine will find the name when typed without the dia-criticals. (It is supposed to, but I haven't tested it in a while.)
- If it doesn't it should get bugged - posted to lotroadmin's talk page for investigation.
- Wm Magill - Valamar - OTG/OTC - talk 00:19, 25 July 2015 (UTC)
Item:Steed of Nárië
Jeez. This is a mess. Somehow none of us can access the very first appearance of the page to mark it as patrolled. To make it worse, I've tried to do it myself (as a last attempt for all of us), and failed miserably. Now we're stuck with all those redirect pages which I can't remove.
I'm sorry to ask this of you, but could you restore the page again, and remove the redirects? I suppose we will have to live with that bloody page creation marked as unpatrolled. I'm all right with that, unless you know some wiki magic to get that fixed ^^
- Wouldn't it be simpler to delete the pages? I would make them new in no time. --QNo (talk) 19:13, 29 July 2015 (UTC)
- This problem has happened before when pages get redirected/deleted. I've looked at it briefly but could not find the offender. I will try to find the actual culprit page today. Got caught up with that infamous thing called Real Life... :)
- Wm Magill - Valamar - OTG/OTC - talk 11:23, 30 July 2015 (UTC)
Legendary Items/LI Scratch Pad
I've got the LI Scratch Pad page about as clean as I can make it, so I think it's ready to replace the Legendary Items page. It will need some cleanup once it's in place to fix some section linking, but all told, I think it's ready for production. I went ahead and incorporated the Imbuement information under Legacies and Relics; it's not as complex as most people think. It doesn't really deserve its own ==Imbuement== heading.
Would you mind giving it a solid read-through before I wipe out Legendary Items and copy LI Scratch Pad in its place? The tables could probably use some Editor love; I'm not as adept at managing them as I would like.
- Perfectapproach (talk) 02:07, 1 September 2015 (UTC)
- see comments on the LI Scratch pad talk page
- Wm Magill - Valamar - OTG/OTC - talk 18:06, 5 September 2015 (UTC)
Modifying special event category page
I am trying to update some special events with their 2015 versions Farmers Faire 2015 but I don't know how to make it appear in the Special events navbox at the bottom of the page. I can't seem to edit the box no matter what I do. Any advice? Rmnixon (talk) 15:44, 7 September 2015 (UTC)
Minas Tirith Besieged
I have completed adding the quests of Book 4, but now I am facing a problem. Very much like they did with Helm's Deep, there are multiple versions of the White City. For the Besieged version, the coordinates are different. Quest markers call this version "Minas Tirith Besieged". I have attempted to upload the correct map file with the correct name (File:Minas Tirith Besieged_map.jpg), but for some reason I do not understand, quests like Chapter 9: The City Besieged still show an error when trying to display quest coordinates in the besieged version of Minas Tirith. Any ideas what can be done here? --Tharondir (talk) 14:39, 4 November 2015 (UTC)
- I haven't looked, but the HD maps were all displaced to "somewhere else." Figuring out where that location is -- is the key to the maps. BTW, I assume you saw the note I put on the Dome of the Sun page -- that clicking on the model will flip you back and forth between siege and non-siege. Now that the election is over, I should be getting back to a more "normal" schedule, so I'll take a look in the next day or two. (I have to catch up with the Epic line. I've been running around Pelennor trying to document stuff there. My biggest problem has been the fact that MTBF for the Mac Client is now about 20 minutes - most annoying.
- Wm Magill - Valamar - OTG/OTC - talk 16:55, 4 November 2015 (UTC)
I just wanted to let you know that I am now once again able to return to some editing work, so you'll see me around again ^^. I hope you've been well and I'll undoubtedly talk to you again soon enough. --Freepy (talk) 19:55, 20 December 2015 (UTC)
On the subject of bots
Hey again Magill,
As far as I know, you are the only active editor left with a bot that is capable of some tasks. I decided to try and set up my own bot yesterday since I have learned a great deal about python in university over the period I was away. I was wondering what language your bot is based on, and what sort of tasks you use it for, if you use it at all. If you want to give me suggestions for some bot tasks, please contact me asap and I will work on it!
On the (tiring) subject of item icons
So I noticed that me moving around all those item icons is creating one very very big mess. Since I am an editor, I am allowed to move pages while leaving a redirect, but I need to actually move the icons over with no redirects. I think I've left a lot of unnecessary redirects because of this that should have been deleted in hindsight.
Now, there are two ways of solving this. One way is me marking all the redirect pages for deletion, and the other way is that I might need some sort of server rights to do what I would like to do. I still think cleaning up the icon mess will be beneficial for adding new items to the wiki, so I would like to continue ^^
I leave the case in your capable hands. Tell me what I should do and I will do it :)