User:Magill/Projects-Update 20-The Wastes-Crafting
Update 20 The Wastes - Crafting
- See also:
From the Release notes
- New crafting recipes for endgame tokens: Two Host of the West recipes have been added to the Anorien crafting tier for each profession (Cook, Jeweller, Metalsmith, Scholar, Tailor, Weaponsmith, and Woodworker). You can also acquire 2 additional recipes per profession via rep barter, and there is a 1-shot recipe that drops for each profession.
Changes in Update 19.2
- Each crafting profession will get a new, rare ingredient that can be found in The Throne of the Dread Terror, North Ithilien Flora, Featured Instances, and the Yule Festival. These crafting items are tradeable. Crafters will use these ingredients to make a barter item, which is also tradeable.
- The recipes use the new ingredient, a universal solvent, normal crafting components, and any Ithilien Essence. The recipes are free, and are automatically added to your crafting panel in Update 19.2.
- The Herbalist will give you an in exchange for one of these Wild Essences. The box allows you to choose the essence with the stat you desire, and there is even a small chance the essence may be a Legendary masquerading as an Incomparable.
Forum discussion on How to for U20
- Farn nodes for mats
- Buy single use recipes off of world chat or trade (as low as 1-2g per recipe on some servers
- farm flowers like mad when getting nodes to get the journals
- run the solo versions of both crafting instances
- send all mats to vasious crafters (dont have many, start getting crafters to max proficiency)
- Craft the barter items up send them via mail back to main
- turn them in
- Tailor and cook Mats are apparently not available from Solo Resource Instances
- Journals, for now, are your friends. Farm flowers, sell journals, trade journals, buy solvents, make essences, sell essences, buy more solvents with the gold you make, and repeat the process. Solo players can farm too, but most don't even realise it or the potential it has to generate high gold yields. This is just the push they all need to start bringing the market to it's knees When a farmer wants to sell you rough cloth, offer them a journal instead, or tell them you're not interested. Same for recipes. Don't buy, the minute you do, you're feeding it.
- when you do the solo instances you get 2 quest that allow you to pick 3 items of your choice. it gives you 3 wood also. So choose the scholar, cook or tailor on 2 and choose the others on the other 2 simple
- For once this game actually PAYS to be an alt junkie and crafting junkie.
- finish the deeds, collect resources doing the herbalism quests until celebrated
How to unlock them solo and fellowship:
Solo is done by completing the entire Lang Rhuven quest chain, and fellow is done by completing the fellow quests in the Towers of Teeth and Skoirunk you can start after completing the Lang Rhuven quest chain
- Within the two new daily crafting instances (Tower of Teeth and Skoironk) you can obtain reputation items via mob drops, quest completion, and an optional chest.
- You must acquire the Lock-picks BEFORE you start the daily or you will be unable to open the chest.
- Lock-picks are obtained by bartering flowers (20 Violet Extracts and 20 Golden Extracts) with the Herbalist (Host of the West).
- In addition to reputation items you can also get crafting recipes (single use), crafting mats, and several items that can be sold for gold or Task Items.
- Both of the dailies are gated behind quest chains.
- You must complete quests out of The Camp of the Host
that will unlock quests in the Slag Hills that will unlock quests in Lang Rhuven, that will unlock quests within the Tower of Teeth and Skoironk (note these are not the dailies). Once the intro ToT and Skoironk quests have been completed the dailies will be unlocked.
- three additional Rep levels
- Title: <name>, Respected Warrior of the Host of the West (Title)
- Title: <name>, Esteemed Warrior of the Host of the West (Faction) (Title)
- Title: <name>, Celebrated Warrior of the Host of the West (Title)
- Passive Skill:
New in U20
- Dagorlad Scrap Deposit - Resource Node - Prospector
- Rich Dagorlad Scrap Deposit - Resource Node - Prospector
- Lavish Dagorlad Chest - Resource Node - Scholar
- Heavy Lavish Dagorlad Chest - Resource Node - Scholar
- Gnarled Branches - Resource Node - Forrester - name changed from Poplar Brances in U20.0.1
- Heavy Gnarled Branches - Resource Node - Frorester
- Also, there are two repeatable quests, one for each instance, where you have to kill 20 mobs in them. But for some reason this quest updates only in landscape version and not in resource instance, which is stupid as I don't think many people will run those landscape versions of those spaces just to kill 20 mobs AND then the resource instances as well. Those two repeatables should update in resource instance as well.
- Side quests give you three new craft materials each (you get to choose which one, there is one for each profession), and the main quest give a rep item. All quests also give Host of the West tokens.
- There seems to be Udún-cast Strongbox next to each boss, but I couldn't interact with them.
The Wastes barter items
new crafting items
- - Icon: - Category: Ingredient Icons
other T10 resources used in the Wastes recipes
- Item: Box of Rangers' Crafting Journals - New store Item, must spell it exactly for search
- Box of Rangers' Crafting Journals
- Use to select a Journal of Rangers' Crafting appropriate to your profession. These are used to craft items sought by the Host of the West's Quartermasters.
- Box of Rangers' Crafting Journals
- Two recipes are auto bestowed
- Two recipes may be bartered for - Requires Honored and Celebrated rank - from Quartermaster (Host of the West)
- One is a mob drop
- All Tier 10 - mastery not required
- Auto: Gondorian Armour Reinforcements Recipe
- Auto: Large Set of Gondorian Armour Reinforcements Recipe
- Barter: Large Set of Mixed Armour Reinforcements Recipe - Honored
- Barter: Small Set of Mixed Armour Reinforcements Recipe - Celebrated
- Barter: Large Collection of Mixed Artifacts Recipe - Honored
- Barter: Small Collection of Mixed Artifacts Recipe - Celebrated
- Drop: [[Item:
- Auto: Gondorian Garments
- Barter: Large Set of Mixed Gondorian Garments Recipe - Honored
- Barter: Small Set of Mixed Gondorian Garments Recipe - Celebrated
- Auto: Gondorian Woodcrafts
- Barter: Large Set of Mixed Gondorian Woodcrafts Recipe - Honored
- Barter: Small Set of Mixed Gondorian Woodcrafts Recipe - Celebrated
- The Battle of Pelennor Fields ended in victory for the good folk of Gondor, but the healers' stores run low and the wounded need salves and poultices if they are to survive. The herbs, roots, and flowers of North Ithilien, the garden of Gondor, were prized by its herbalists of old, and today’s herbalists are recovering their uses once again.
- Many different Flora extracts can be collected in North Ithilien and The Wastes. Some are found near streams, some near ruins, and others in open fields. When collected, these Flora will yield one to five of seven different Phials of Extracts which are immediately placed in your wallet under "Phials of <colour>". These Phials can then be exchanged with the Herbalist or Herb-master at multiple locations in North Ithilien or The Wastes.
- The Herb-master - offers upgrades to Dread Terror Armour pieces.
- The Herbalist - exchanges phials for various things, including other phials, armour and crafting ingredients.
For more details see: Category: North Ithilien Flora
- For more details see: Category: North Ithilien Flora