Update 21.2 - October 10, 2017
Index to all release notes
Update 21.2 Release Notes
Here are the Release Notes for Update 21.2, released on Monday, October 10th.
Of Special Note:
Plateau of Gorgoroth Instances
Bravely enter a place of fire and anguish in "The Dungeons of Naerband", and help the rangers thwart Lhaereth in her attempt to unleash a new Great Plague in "The Court of Seregost"! Update 21 Patch 2 includes a new 6-person Instance, and a new 3-person Instance, which are now included in the Mordor expansion. Players who already own the Mordor expansion will receive this content for free.
New Alliance Quests:
Twenty new repeatable daily quests are now available! Find these new quests by speaking with the Expedition Organizers in each of the Allegiance halls (Vórthi, Tancram, Glórellas, or Aster Hayward.)
Mount Collection Update
The Mount Collection has been updated to match the style of the Emote and Pet Collections, and now list every Mount available to you! The Mount Collection has a unique feature that causes every character to have their own collection maximum, since some Mounts can no longer be acquired. If a Mount is no longer available, it will not appear in your Mount Collection unless you already have that Mount. Find the new Mount Collection by pressing Shift+C by default, or click on the Collections menu item.
New Filtering Options:
A new Main Menu item has been created to allow players to filter out sounds, quests, and items, either for the current player, or for your entire account! If you've got something you never want to see, hear or get again, you can access the Filter panel by pressing Alt+R (by default). To remove any filter, drag the item, quest, or sound off of the filtered list.
- Loot: To add an item to your loot filter, drag it from your inventory to the filtered list, or press the button in pending loot. Anything added to the Loot filtered list will not be awarded to you again. For Master Looter, the Master Looter will see an assignment dialog for items meeting the quality rating of the fellowship rule, even if the item is filtered. For Need/Greed/Pass, only players who do not have an item filtered will see the dialog option for items meeting the quality rating of the fellowship rule. For filtered items, players will not see the Need/Greed/Pass dialog, and the response will automatically default to Pass when the timeout for the response expires.
- Quests: Filter a quest by clicking the filter or account filter button at the bottom left of the bestowal dialog or quest log. Quests you have filtered will no longer attempt to auto-bestow, no longer appear as quest rings on the Mini-Map radar, and no longer appear as a quest ring on NPC or mob heads. Quests that cannot be abandoned cannot be filtered.
- Sounds: To filter a sound, go to a place or situation in-game where the sound is heard, click the Record button to see a list of all sounds currently playing, then drag the sound to the character or account filtered list. Sounds you have filtered will no longer plays as audio in your game client.
News and Notes:
- Experience the new "Frightful Tales to Curl the Hair On Your Toes" at the Harvestmath Festival this year.
Quests and Adventure Areas
- Talath Urui - Shackles have been excavated from the rubble, and can now be reached for the quest "Breaking the Chains".
- Talath Urui - The hiding spot should now be more obvious in the quest instance "Borangos the Horror".
- Gorgoroth Resource Dungeons - Allegiance bonus quests no longer go away after completing an Allegiance. If you have already completed one or more Allegiances, the bonus quests will return for you.
- Gorgoroth Resource Dungeons - Barad-dur: Lore of the Past no longer has an Ancient Tome hidden in rubble. Barad-dur: Gathering Relics no longer has a relic hiding in a wall.
- Gorgoroth Resource Dungeons - Durthang: Gathering Relics Durthang is no longer missing a Relic.
- Gorgoroth Resource Instances: The following deeds are now available: Resources of Gorgoroth, Gathering of Resources, Gathering of Resources (Intermediate), Gathering of Resources (Advanced).
- The Tales of Gorgoroth Deed is now visible in your Deed Log as soon when at least one objective has been completed.
- Some actors in the Udun region now have the correct species or race listed.
- Some minor typos in the Elf Allegiance storyline have been corrected.
- Players who currently have the Court of Lothlorien Allegiance quest underway will now find Glorfindel in Rivendell if an older quest that requires him is not yet completed. If the character is not in the middle of an uncompleted older quest, then Glorfindel will continue to phase out of the area.
- Roving Threats - Spoils Box - Scourge of Gorgoroth now carries appropriate crafting materials and barter tokens.
- Roving Threats - the Deeds Scourge-Slayer of Mordor and Scourge-Slayer of Mordor (Advanced) now carry a Fat Spoils Box - Scourge of Gorgoroth, which contains more loot than a normal box. Players who have already completed this deed will receive the updated rewards when they log in after the patch.
- Deeds of Udûn now grants rewards comparable to the meta-deeds of other regions in Gorgoroth. Players who have already completed this Deed will receive their updated rewards when they log in after the patch.
- There is a new Allegiance Weekly in the rotation for completing the 3 person and 6 person instances.
- There is a new Lost Lore for the three and six person instances.
- Crafting - Quests - Crafting: A Facility and Crafting: Artisan Profession are no longer required to unlock superior facility use or the artisan crafting tier. Therefore, these quests are no longer available from expert crafting NPCs.
- Some adjustments to characters poses have been made in Troves and Trickery.
- Wildermore Endgame - All quests are now available as choices all the time.
- The Battle of Ost Celebrant - Follower Doran will bestow all of the quests immediately when you enter Ost Celebrant.
- Evendim - Farmer's Bane - The wolf is now always available to advance the quest.
- Summer Festival - It is now easier to target and attack the Heat Wave mobs for the quest "Defeat the Heat".
- Baggins Birthday - All of the story quests will now be continuously available during the event.
- Udun - The Captains of Mornaur Lookout - Captain Shardul now appears more reliably.
- There is a new tier of crafting available. New recipes are available from the Quartermaster - Gorgoroth Crafting Vendor. These recipes require a special ingredient only found in the Instances. This item may be freely traded.
- The Aria of the Valar now includes a Class Deed Tome that will automatically complete Trait point granting class deeds. If you have already used an Aria of the Valar, visit your class trainer to get your Class Deed Tome.
- Armours that were previously invisible on High Elves now have their proper appearance.
- The Unidentified Third Age Legendary Item Box that can be acquired via barter once again correctly delivers a level 100 legendary item.
- When running the Pelennor Instances: Blood of the Black Serpent, The Quays of the Harlond, and The Silent Street, at level 115, you can now receive equipment that scales up to Item Level 315.
- Crafting - Doomfold Healing, Milkthistle, Conhuith, and Lhinestad Draughts now remove negative effects up to a maximum strength of level 120.
- Crafting - Captain Crest and Warden Carving recipes may be executed with Universal Ingredient Packs.
- Crafting - Food produced from Doomfold Cooking now has a stack size up to 100.
- Crafting - Woodworkers are now able to craft Strong Boards of Doomfold Wood, Weaponsmiths are now able to craft Quality Doomfold Ingots, and Tailors are now able to craft Well-treated Doomfold Leather.
- Crafting - Doomfold Jewellery recipes now only require 1 Refined Black Adamant instead of three.
- The Doomfold tier Woodworker recipe Superior Bow of the Doomfold no longer creates hammers, and the Superior Hammer of the Doomfold no longer creates bows.
- The Empowered Shadow Essence Box is now unbound so that it can be traded or sold.
- Allegiances - Daily repeatable, weekly repeatable, and Resource Instances in Mordor now give a new type of Allegiance Point item. The value of allegiance points from these sources results in the same point grant, but the new AP items can be used to barter for a new tier of Allegiance Gear.
- Allegiance point granting items now stack to 100.
- Wolves in Mordor now properly drop Doomfold hides instead of Eorlingas hides.
- Allegiance Cloaks no longer have an armour class requirement to use, and can be used by any class.
- Mordor Heraldry Shields have an improved texture.
- Gorgoroth Steel-bound Loot Boxes now provide item level 330 gear commensurate with the new instance spaces.
- Gorgoroth Steel-bound Loot Boxes now offer an assortment of new Mordor-themed pets, and a set of cosmetic weapons.
- Champion Imbued Legacy "Swift Strike/Swift Blade Power Cost" now progresses to Rank 69.
- Fixed some text and item names for Daily Request: An Errand for Aster.
- Some named Beorning Jewelry has been renamed to help distinguish them from agility gear counterparts. Gold is now Steel, and Silver is now Iron.
- Level 115 Audacity gear has been added to barter vendors in the Moors.
- Ettenmoors - High Elves can now use the back doors of keeps.
- The Glan Vraig training dummies are now level 115.
- Fixed raid vital background sizes.
- Scourge-slayer of Mordor deeds will no longer incorrectly show the accelerate button since these deeds cannot be accelerated.
- The Barbershop camera now zooms farther out for better visibility of Body Type option changes.
- Factions are now ordered from newest to oldest in the Reputation panel.
- The Clear All Filters button in the Options: Key Mapping panel has been renamed to Clear Search Filters to avoid ambiguity with the new Filter system.
- Party member voice chat volume can now be adjusted individually. Party volume control visibility can be toggled by clicking on the party voice chat icon for party members. Default Group Volume preference has been added to the Voice section of Audio options. Use this volume slider to set the default voice volume level of new group members. This setting is 75% volume by default.
- Mordor Lost Lore dialog is now affected by the Voice-Over sound volume setting.
- Lua - We recently changed the way LOTRO ListBoxes work to fix a category of UI bugs. This may have side-effects for Lua scripts dependent on the broken behavior. If you encounter issues with your existing Lua plugins, you may want to change the ListBox orientation from Horizontal to Vertical and remove the SetMaxItemsPerLine limitation setter.
- The Lua interface is being updated to provide four new functions for the ListBox control. Backward compatibility supports calls to deprecated function SetMaxItemsPerLine. They should be used in the place of SetMaxItemsPerLine( value ) and GetMaxItemsPerLine() which are being deprecated. Backward compatibility changes have been implemented to support existing calls to SetMaxItemsPerLine.
- number GetMaxColumns();
- void SetMaxColumns( number );
- number GetMaxRows();
- void SetMaxRows( number );