- Training-dummies are found in many locations throughout Middle Earth. There are two types -- active and passive.
- The Passive dummies are really simply cosmetic and used by NPCs while the Active dummies can be used by any player character.
- If you have "Floaty Names" turned on, Active Training-dummies will display the name "Training-dummy." Passive dummies do not.
- Level 6 - Master Defender - during the Dwarf and Elf Introduction Quests, five Active Dummies among the class trainers , and seven more in the nearby structure
- Level 75 - Master Defender - three Active Dummies between the Mead and Craft Halls
- Level 85 - Arch-nemesis
- Level 75 - Master Defender
- Training-dummy Orion
- Training-dummy Jalessa
- Armoured Training-dummy Kelsen
- Active Training-dummies can be used to practice your attack routines.
- They will allow you to "stack" your attacks or heals.
- Greyed, below level Training-Dummies will not level skills.
- Some skills will not register skill ups if the Training-dummy level is higher and the attack misses, even with skills like Heart Seeker which may otherwise always hit (but not over level). Consider this when using Deed Boost books etc.
Using Training-dummies to advance higher tier Class skills
- Active Training-dummies can be used to advance skill usage counts toward daily limits for Class Deed completions.
- Strike the dummy once with an offensive skill, then you can use various passive or defensive skills against that same dummy.