The Foundations of Stone (Deed)
To complete this deed perform the following objective(s)
- Find The Shadowed Refuge
- The Shadowed Refuge lies in the deepest extents of Moria. Few records remain to describe these caverns, though scholars presume that it was somewhere within that Durin's Bane lay slumbering for uncounted years before the Dwarves delved and awoke its wrath. This area can hardly be called a refuge now, save that a small expedition has killed or driven off the strange creatures from this section of the caverns and stands a vigilant guard against any that approach.
- Find The Endless Stair
- This stair was rumoured to have been built up through a natural passage that ran from the deepest caverns of Khazad-dûm to the frozen heights of Zirak-zigil, far above. Here at the bottom, parts of it appear to have recently been shattered by some terrible force.
- Find The Bridge-shard
- An enormous shard of stone lies half-submerged in this gloomy lake, jutting upwards into the endless darkness. It appears to be a broken remnant of the great Bridge of Khazad-dûm, fallen from far above when the bridge was shattered.
- Find Zabad-fakâk
- The arches of Zabad-fakâk open upon the Foundations of Stone, the deepest caverns in all of Moria. The dwarves of old long shunned these caverns out of a sense of foreboding and lingering darkness that could never be fully dispelled by lantern or torch, but when rich veins of mithril were discovered within, these concerns were set aside, and the dwarves began to dig in earnest at the very roots of the mountain.
- Find Dalgum-ru
- The caverns of Dalgum-ru have never been safe. Even in Durin's day, miners who entered these twisted passages would sometimes disappear without trace, and rarely would an expedition pass through without reporting strange shadows moving just beyond the light of torches, but never clearly seen.
|10 Turbine Points|
|Increased Reputation with Iron Garrison Miners ( 700 )|