The Floating Log Inn
The Floating Log Inn is found in Frogmorton at
This is the inn and tavern for Frogmorton, owned by Ponto Hopsbloom who sells a variety of ales and foods, along with other supplies of use to travellers and adventurers. He is especially proud of its renowned Toad's Tongue Ale.
Inside is a bit dusty and antidy as Ponto refuses to close for some days despite the construction work being done to repair the rotting roof. Thus, now Milo Hornblower is found outside the tavern, for who likes the taste of splinters in the food and ale?
-  The Floating Log
-  Inn League -- Floating Log Trial - Festival
-  Inn League Initiation -- Green Dragon - Festival
-  Inn League Initiation -- Floating Log - Festival
-  A Dark Prank - Festival
-  The Draught Drought - Festival
|Ponto Hopsbloom||Tavern Keep|
|Daylily Bolger||Inn League Member - Seasonal|
- During the War of the Ring, Saruman (being known as "Sharkey") and his Men took control of the Shire. In this time the Floating Log Inn was closed. — lorebook tuckburough.net
- On November 1, 3019 III Frodo Baggins and his companions returned to the Shire, and intended to stay at the Floating Log Inn when they reached Frogmorton on their journey home to Hobbiton. The First Eastfarthing Troop of Shirriffs arrested Frodo and his companions and took them to the Shirriff-house in Frogmorton. — The Return of the King, by Tolkien
|Taverns of Middle-earth|
|The Bird and Baby Inn • The Comb and Wattle Inn • The Floating Log Inn • Forlong's Hall • The Forsaken Inn • The Golden Perch • The Green Dragon • The Haven • The Haunted Inn • The Ivy Bush • The Merry Swan • The Mûmak and Keep • The Plough and Stars • Stangard Tavern • The Prancing Pony • Thorin's Hall Inn • The Wheel and Cask|