The Dead Marshes
- Level: 100
- Factions: none
- Introduced: Update 14.2
- Dagorlad is an area within The Wastes.
- Dagorlad is a vast dusty plain in the southeastern part of Rhovanion near Mordor in Middle-earth. It lies between the hills of Emyn Muil and the Cirith Gorgor, and is largely a treeless wasteland, bereft of life and beauty. It is immediately north of the Black Gate of the Morannon.
- Its name in Sindarin means "Battle Plain" and refers to the major battle between the army of The Last Alliance of Elves and Men and the hordes of Mordor at the end of the Second Age. The area of this battle, full of death and rotting corpses, is now known as the Dead Marshes. Although the bodies of the dead are long gone, their ghastly shapes can still be seen floating ethereally beneath the surface of the blackish waters of the swamp known as the Dead Marshes.
- Cirith Gorgor was the point where the mountain ranges of the Ered Lithui (Mountains of Ash) and the Ephel Dúath (Mountains of Shadow) met, to the northwest of Udûn and Mordor. It was sealed by the Morannon (Black Gate) and guarded by the two Towers of the Teeth, Carchost and Narchost.
- In the west the uplands of Emyn Muil ended abruptly in the East Wall of Rohan. In the south the Anduin cascaded over Rauros, a great waterfall. In the east, although of lower elevation, the barren hills still ended in a steep edge.
Introduction - High Elf
- Dagorlad is first visited by High Elves at the end of the Second Age:
-  Grave Tidings
-  Lost in Passing
- Faramir, son of Ondoher
-  Faramir's Ruse
-  The Wainriders of Dol Acharn -- Any Wainrider
-  Relics of Victory -- Landscape
-  Vengeance of the Fallen
Small Ranger camp in the Slag-hills
- These quests unlocks in sets if 3. Turning in one quest from a set unlocks the next set. Completing this quest chain will unlock the final quests needed to unlock the fellowship crafting instances. The final quests are listed under The Slag-hills.
- Note: If you only want to unlock the crafting instances, you simply need the sequence The Escape -> The War-party -> The War-leaders, and can ignore the other Lang Rhuven quests.
|Settlements, Areas and Landmarks of The Wastes|
|Settlements:||Camp of the Host • Haerondir|
|Areas:||Noman-lands • Dagorlad • Slag-hills|
|Landmarks:|| Tham Durlan • Nuiharn • Guard Tower Ruins • Store House Ruins • Merchant shop Ruins • Farm House Ruins • Inn Ruins • Nobel's House Ruins • Stable Ruins|
Carchost • Dol Acharn • Dûm Boha • Fushaum Gund • Lang Rhuven • Narchost • Ondoher's Folly • Skoironk
|Settlements and Landmarks of North Ithilien|
|Landmarks:||Aelin Veren • Bâr Aroth • Bâr Tarnaher • Caladuil • Cair Andros • The Crossroads • Field of Cormallen • Imlad Morgul • Torngroth • Uya Hujûm • Thargelon|
|Settlements, Areas and Landmarks of March of the King|
|Settlements:||Aragorn's Pavilion • Camp of the Host • Henneth Annûn • Minas Tirith (After Battle)|
|Areas:||Minas Tirith (After Battle) • Pelennor (After Battle) • Osgiliath (After Battle) • North Ithilien|
|Landmarks:||Aragorn's Pavilion • Aelin Veren • Bâr Aroth • Bâr Tarnaher • Caladuil • Cair Andros • The Crossroads • Field of Cormallen • Imlad Morgul • Torngroth • Uya Hujûm • Thargelon|
|Regions of Mordor - not the expansion|
|March of the King • North Ithilien • The Wastes|
|Regions of Mordor - The Expansion|
- The Steward of Gondor has sent Artamir, son of Ilcamir, to the Dead Marshes on a mysterious errand. Unfriendly eyes have tracked him to that vile swamp, and your quest is to hurry him on before his presence causes great mischief to another important mission…
- Did Frodo and Sam come this way? After concluding Artamir’s story, players can engage in a session play experience to learn what befell the two hobbits as they crossed the Dead Marshes in the company of their treacherous guide…
- The Dead Marshes Session Play hints at the beginning of the Dawnless Day - which occurs a week later than the session play takes place.
- At the beginning of the session play if one turns and looks to the sky in the South-east, the ominous clouds of the Dawnless Day are beginning to rise.
- The Dead Marshes are closer to Mordor than is Gondor, and north of both, hence the necessity to look to the south and the East. (See the maps for relative location information.)
- Access is from Dorthaneth in the Caves of the Avorrim near Dol Amroth, encountered during the Epic Quest line - Vol. IV. Book 1: The Road to Gondor Quest:Book 1: Chapter 8: Dorthaneth
- She introduces you to The Master of Horses across the cave from her location.
- Once accessed, you can simply return to the cave to return to The Dead Marshes.
Volume IV, Book 1: The Road to Gondor
Vol. IV. Book 1: The Road to Gondor
-  Introduction: West Gondor - vector to Dunharrow (landscape quest) (Given upon reaching Level 95, though you can go ahead and start the Chapter 1 whether or not you've completed this quest if you are at least Level 91, but the book will be difficult.)
-  Book 1: Chapter 1: The Muster of the Rohirrim
-  Book 1: Chapter 2: The Ruthless Dead
-  Book 1: Chapter 3: The Whisper of Death
-  Book 1: Chapter 4: Atop Erech
-  Book 1: Chapter 5: A Difficult Road
-  Book 1: Chapter 6: The Merchant
-  Book 1: Chapter 7: Abandoned Refuge
-  Book 1: Chapter 8: Dorthaneth
-  Book 1: Chapter 9: A Message for Lothíriel
-  Book 1: Chapter 10: Keepers of the History
-  Book 1: Chapter 11: The Swan-knights
-  Book 1: Chapter 12: The Shadow in Morthond
Next: Volume IV, Book 2
The Dead Marshes Quests
-  Far From Home
-  The Orcs Have Orders
-  Danger in the Marshes
-  Fruits of Their Labour
-  Missing in the Marshes
-  Interlude: Passage of the Marshes
The following quests can be completed independently from the above quest chain:
- [...] Quest:Year 1 Tales: Frodo - Anniversary
Creatures of the Dead Marshes
|Regions of Gondor|
|Central Gondor • (The Dead Marshes) • Eastern Gondor • Old Anórien • Western Gondor • Far Anórien|
|Settlements and Landmarks of The Dead Marshes|
|Landmarks:||Artamir's Camp • Marshland Outpost • The Nerbyg Nests • The Lake of Dead Faces • Haudh Aîr|
|Settlements, Areas and Landmarks of Western Gondor|
|Settlements:||Dol Amroth • Calembel • Lothgobel • Morlad • Ost Lontir • Tadrent • Dínadab • Alagrant • Sardol • Lancrath|
|Areas:||Blackroot Vale • Paths of the Dead • Havens of Belfalas • Lamedon|
|Landmarks:|| Blackroot Vale: Tingobel • The Stone of Erech • The Hill of Erech • Lhingroth • Tarlang's Neck • Tarlang's Crown|
Lamedon: Tathrendalf • The Fallen Beacon • Maegond • Bar Elir • Bandit Encampment