The Battle in the Tower
The Battle in the Tower, is a level 65-105 skirmish, is located within the Dol Guldur courtyards in Mirkwood. Skirmishes, can be started by using the Instance Finder, (as long as you're not in an instance already).
"The time has come for the last assault upon the fortress of Dol Guldur. The fighting begins even as a smaller force enters the citadel in secret, prepared to face their final foe..."
This Skirmish has a minimum level of 65 and requires the completion of the quest Vol. II, Book 9, Chap 18: The Battle in the Tower.
Group, Level and Tier
There are three Tiers of difficulty for this Skirmish
You can start this skirmish for the following groups:
- Solo (1) or Duo (2)
- Small Fellowship (3) or Fellowship (6)
- Raid (12)
There is one quest in this skirmish that scales to your level. You will automatically receive it when entering the Skirmish.
- The The Battle in the Tower (Deed) rewards the Title: Battled in the Tower
- There are a number of Skirmish Lieutenants Deeds
- Since you will only meet one or two of these encounter mobs each skirmish, you will have to do several sessions before you can complete it.
- Mobs you encounter must be close to your level or the kill will not count towards the deed
For all possible skirmish lieutenants, see the page Skirmish Lieutenants.
Random Encounter mobs:
- will only meet some of these mobs during the instance, not all.
- By level stat details are on the creatures page
Fight your way thru the halls and chambers. Each chamber is barricaded with a massive grate that will open once you capture the flag. As you take some of the chambers you will get some help in defeating counter-attacks in the form of the Golden Host elves Sigileth, Ellunen, Cúcheron, Ningloril that traveled with you thru Mirkwood.
Boss and End Fight
Simple boss fight against Mazog in a final showdown. Once in a while Mazog will call some adds but they are pretty weak. You do get a little help from Bróin who shows up just in time for the boss fight. Remember to loot Mazog's corpse before leaving.
- By level stat details are on the boss page
- completing quest flags or objectives
- End Boss
- Fancy Wooden Chest (appears after the boss fight)
- Sometimes you will need to activate the last banner before the chest appears, be aware and DON'T LEAVE until after you find the boss loot or chest.
Skirmish Marks are the main rewards and currency of skirmishes. They are not stored in one's inventory; but found in the skirmish and player's wallet windows. Marks, Medallions, and Seals are used to barter at the many skirmish barters.
Summary Loot List
- Legendary Item Experience
- , s (primarily from encounters and bosses), s (from higher tiers) s
- money coin like the
- Heritage Runes like the
- Relics like the
- Legendary Consumable Items like
- Legendary Crafting Components like
- Skirmish Tokens and Emblems give a temporarily buff effect on yourself, or deal damage or debuff a mob
- Reputation usually about 700 points of reputation with various factions