Great River v. The Wold
Wold Ruffians, along with Wold Archers, are present in the north Wold near the border with Great River. They're level 76, but they share a lot of drops, and are basically the same mob one level higher in a geographically adjacent area. Should we have separate pages for the Great River and Wold ones, or just combine the two on this page? -- JnK (talk) 09:03, 25 May 2013 (EDT)
- There should not be separate pages for Mobs simply because their level changes, and usually not even because they change areas, unless their actual name changes.
- ALL mobs throughout middle earth are seen in in "bands" -- ranges of levels, typically 3-5 levels per band. They typically share drops, with differences occurring at the extremes. You see those obviously with the "hide drops." One level drops "Exceptional" the next level drops "Magnificent" (Redhorn Goat is a good example). We have no idea what the actual structure of the "loot tables" looks like so we can only guess that we have managed to get a "representational" list of drops -- it is never a complete list as there are "rares" which "rarely drop!"
- As I'm looking at the page for the Redhorn Goat, I note that it is not particularly correct. For example, the Location section lists ONE location where they are found. They are also found all across Eregion. Scrub-lizard is another example.
- Wm Magill - Valamar - OTG/OTC - talk 11:36, 26 May 2013 (EDT)
- The key question to answer is if the Wold Ruffians in Great River are the same creatures as the Wold Ruffians in The Wold. To resolve this, I try to answer a number of other questions. Do they have the same graphics? Do they have the same attacks and defences? Are they close in level? Do they have the same drops? Are they in the same region?
- At present, I would consider the Wold Ruffians and Wold Archers in the two regions to be difference creatures. Mainly, because they reside in two different regions. In Great River, they appear with levels below 75 (they used to be levels 75 and 76). Those in The Wold are levels 76 to 77 (IIRC). While LOTRO does have a seamless landscape, there are signification (but invisible) boundaries between regions.