Talk:Vales of Anduin
- I edited both User talk:Eleazaros/coords.js and User:Eleazaros/coords.js and the coords now work, but they are upside down - e.g. see Langhár , it shows her in the north-west while she's actually in the south-west (where the path to the Carrock is). Anyone have a clue what I did wrong? Can't seem to locate my mistake -- I followed the guides on Eleazaros's pages... --Tharondir (talk) 18:46, 27 October 2014 (UTC)
- I believe this is a N/S issue, ala Forochel and maybe even Misty Mountains. Note that the addresses on User_talk:Eleazaros/coords.js#Central_Gondor_-_Update_15_-_November_2014 are all "N" - so I assume it is a displacement issue. The Vales are all "North" of the N/S line (but it doesn't run through the map), so I'm not certain how to "fudge" the formulas. I've asked Sethladan to take a look.
- Wm Magill - Valamar - OTG/OTC - talk 00:23, 30 October 2014 (UTC)
- I'll second Magill's suspicion. Does it work if you switch the max and min values? I'll look more into this tomorrow if that doesn't help, as this is not code I'm intimate with. Sethladan
- Currently the max and min values of N/S are switched, but the result is less than we had before - now nothing is displayed instead of an upside down coord location (e.g. should display the center of the map. Maybe the way the coords for Forochel were coded will give some insight. --Tharondir (talk) 07:37, 30 October 2014 (UTC)
- Think I got it working; please double-check any coords you've entered and make sure they're in the right place. The code treats everything as if the origin is at the top-left of the image, so in cases where numbers increase as you go up/left (North/West of the center of Middle-earth), you need to flip the x or y axis accordingly (although it's actually the y and x; what were Eleazaros and EoD drinking when they did this?). Sethladan 13:45, 30 October 2014 (UTC)
- OK... I always check User talk:Eleazaros/coords.js#Gondor to see if it worked. NE Corner SE Corner center NW Corner SW Corner
- So there's that, I guess the coords for Langhár were just entered wrong because they do not show up.
- Thank you for helping out! :) --Tharondir (talk) 14:29, 30 October 2014 (UTC)
- 31.2N is below the bottom edge of the map - did you mean 32.1? That's the position you have for her in your first comment on this page, and that seems to be working okay. Sethladan 15:06, 30 October 2014 (UTC)
- Never mind, misunderstood you. Just saw your edit to Vales of Anduin. :) Sethladan 15:08, 30 October 2014 (UTC)
- Players who have logged out in the Vales of Anduin may be sent to Archet upon logging in.