Talk:The Black Crack
- Don't know that I understand your question... there are many quests which "involve an area." Just to name a couple of (what I think are) similar quests:
- Quest:To the Starkmoor, Quest:To Trum Dreng, Quest:To the Bonevales
- All are what you might call "vector quests" -- that is, they are quests in and of themselves (i.e. which can be completed) but they take you to an area where there are more quests to complete. —The preceding unsigned comment was added by Magill (Contribs • Message • Email) at 12 December 2011).
The description of "grouping" for the quest chain: is simply wrong.
Dim Memories of the Dark
-  Passage to Darkness - Small Fellowship
-  My Dwarf Friends
-  Preparing for the Dark - Fellowship
-  The Undiscovered Path - Small Fellowship
The first quest: Passage to Darkness, is simply an exploratory quest. If it is designated "small fellowship" because it takes place in the Misty Mountains, then EVERY quest in the Misty Mountains must be so designated.
The second quest "My Dwarf Friends" also takes one to the Misty Mountains and should therefore also be "Small Fellowship."
The third quest is the real joke... it is designated Fellowship -- but you never leave the Last Homely House in Rivendell. You simply go from one room to another. If Turbine has it designated as a "Fellowship" quest -- it needs to be /bug'd.
And then the fourth quest is listed as "only" a -- Small Fellowship. This is a joke. If taken at-level, one needs a full fellowship as you pass a number of elitea to get to Gollumn's cave.
It is possible that Turbine "nerfed" the fellowship requirement on this last quest since I last did the quest string; making it possible to be accomplished with a Small Fellowship.
However, the other three quests have always been solo quests, when taken "at level."
I updated Category:Dim Memories of the Dark Quests accordingly.
Dim Memories of the Dark
-  Passage to Darkness - Solo
-  My Dwarf Friends - Solo
-  Preparing for the Dark - Solo
-  The Undiscovered Path - Fellowship
I did NOT update the "walkthrough and notes" sections of the four individual quests, but they should be changed accordingly.
- I understand this very well. Still I think we should follow the designation in our lists. People will just get confused and/or annoyed otherwise, when they find irregularities. I am updating the walk-throughs as I do the quests, as I am playing this area now. And then I also add a comment, which I believe you have seen. Trying to keep my tongue in my cheek with Preparing for the Dark ;)
- There is one exception to when we need not add neither Fellowship nor anything else to the chain-boxes, locations, and NPCS, and that is for those Fellowship-or-Solo_with_inspiration quests. Since those are neither A nor B but both that designation is simply just stupid, and actually more misleading than anything. And having a long line saying "Either-A-or-B" when the two neutralizes each other is nonsense information, thus I will take it away when I see it :-)
- So, I often am at IRC when wiki-ing, at least during my evening-time. I believe the above would better match the volatile chat than the persistent wiki-talk, as this seems to be more between you and me, right? Or did I misunderstand you?
- -- Zimoon (talk) 17:55, 6 September 2012 (EDT)