If Glathlírel is defeated at any time in the fight, the raid will instantly wipe. - About half our raid wiped, I suspect those close to Glathiriel but I'm not sure. Might as well have wiped as we'd lost as soon as she went down the rest were defeated soon after. but just though I'd point out the difference. DancesInTrees 01:11, 30 December 2007 (PST)
- Well, from what we've seen so far, as soon as she goes down he begins to one-shot people with something like "As Glathlirel falls, Thaurlach roars in triumph, instilling terror...". It takes down one player every second or two, and might be restricted to his LOS... but really, are you still going to manage to take him down after she is defeated? Probably not :) --Fedaykin 08:20, 30 December 2007 (PST)
I disagree that the new image of Thaurlach is an improvement over the old one. I may be biased on this one since I upped the previous image, but I think that the brightness on the new one is over the top, and both of the show Thaurlach while he's chained... so why post a new one if it isn't really an improvement? I'd appreciate some opinions from other editors on this one before I do anything. --Fedaykin 18:46, 27 July 2008 (PDT)
- The old one is better - the new one is far too dark. Not sure either is ideal but I don't imaging he's easy to screenie. DancesInTrees 03:37, 28 July 2008 (PDT)
- Hmm, I think you confused the old and new ones? Either way, I have some nice shots of him in combat (especially one time when he didn't fall down after we defeated him), so I'll try to get a good one uploaded soon. --Fedaykin 04:26, 28 July 2008 (PDT)
I've seen a couple of playthroughs where the Balrog was killed before the Ever-seer, which seems to give the system some kind of brainstorm. In one, they didn't even get the Ever-seer's door open, and the whole thing just screeched to a halt: no loot, nothing. In the other, they opened the Ever-seer's door but accidentally (!) killed the Balrog before he could engage, so he just stood there (with green morale so they couldn't attack him) blinking and yawning: they even grouped up around him for a selfie before dividing up the loot. Does anybody know the full set of circumstances in which this can happen? —NotACat (talk) 14:36, 19 October 2016 (UTC)
- I suspect that this is an old bug that doesn't get much attention either by players or Turbine. The Rift is very old code from the Shadows of Agmar days when the Level Cap was 50, and Turbine has indicated that it is NOT scaleable because of that. (Which also implies that problems are not likely be fixed.)
- There is at least one thread from 2013 which talks about issues with this raid.
- If you google "Thaurlach guide" you can find the varoius discussions.
- Of course, it is also possible that since none of the postes are more recent than 2014, that the problem(s) has been fixed. (What is the date of the playthroughs you are watching?)
- Wm Magill - Valamar - OTG/OTC - talk 12:58, 22 October 2016 (UTC)