Talk:Tailor Westfold Recipe Index
The other tailor recipe indices divide the Light Armour and Medium Armour sections by level. In this tier there are currently very few recipes, so Light Armour (Level 66) would only have a single recipe, for example. All the same, I imagine this page should be formatted for consistency with the others. I can do this, but I wonder if there are any contrary opinions out there. -- Elinnea (talk) 14:15, 5 December 2011 (EST)
- I'm wondering if we will see the missing recipes in a later update/patch... since each of the three categories (66,68,72) do not have "overlapping" armour types.
- Under Captain Armaments, I threw in some "headers" to try to match the in-game listing. (feel free to dump them if they are too "abrupt".)
- Under "Medium Armour (Tailor's Guild) I started adding the Théodred's Riders recipes... Note that I used the "imlink" version.
- I'm thinking I should not use the "pretty" component versions ... (definitely not for consistency, I'll change them tomorrow (later today that is).
- All Guild recipes are also available in Galtrev CraftGuild Hall
- phew... just spent 5G on all available recipes from Guild and Quartermasters (The Rohirrim ones are expensive - 460 sp each)
- phwe2 ... you have put in an incredible amount of work on these!!! just adding the batch of 12 tonight took forever!
- Have to figure out the icons as they are the same (in pairs)... is there an explanation of using the "generic" icons?
- recipes next! but sleep first...
- Happy New Year!
- I took out the headers - I'm not against them necessarily, but since most tailor recipes at all tiers are now multi-output, for consistency I would rather have them everywhere or nowhere, and in my opinion the alternating row colors are adequate to show where a single recipe ends and the next begins. I agree that updating the index is time-consuming and expensive - I was doing some for a while and then my tailor was headed towards being broke. So I'm happy to have more people working on it together! It's nice to have people checking each others' work as well. I've added the note about the Galtrev guild hall to a few recipes here and there, but haven't had the heart to go through all the guild recipes on the wiki. There might be a smarter way to do that.
- As for the generic icons, I don't know that there's an explanation written anywhere, but since the crafted armour tends to use repeated icons I've been assigning them all generic icon names. I go to an icon index (for instance Category talk:Feet Icons) locate the next spot in the table and save the new files with the appropriate number. It makes it easier to predict what icons to use, especially the ones that have uncommon, rare, and incomparable versions, and it should save time and space if the same icons are used elsewhere. -- Elinnea (talk) 12:55, 4 January 2012 (EST)
Phew. Trying to sort out Category talk:Feet Icons ... I created/uploaded several icons Tailor_Westfold_Recipe_Index#Medium Armour (Guild) - Strong/Resiliant
- Yes, exactly. Since there's already an icon with the same appearance but different quality, the red link is already in the table so all you have to do is save the file by that name (Medium Boots 6 (incomparable)-icon.png), put that name on both of the items that use it, and it'll pop up in the right places. Then I usually mark the duplicated icons for deletion. -- Elinnea (talk) 00:11, 6 January 2012 (EST)
A new toy:
| Crafting • Crafting Facilities • Crafting Guilds • Master Recipe Index • Master of Apprentices • Crafting Tools
Vocations (7) = Armourer • Armsman • Explorer • Historian • Tinker • Woodsmith • Yeoman
Medium Armour (The Riders of Stangard)
Ok... off and running again... just because I finally hit kindred with the Riders of Stangard and wanted to see what kind of armour I could make for my Hunter/LM/Minstrel. Nasty stuff -- each piece takes 20 Silver tokens, and is a Single-use BOA recipe!!! Makes it difficult for anyone to craft Armour for anyone else!!!
- I created Category:Medium Armour (The Riders of Stangard) and have populated it with the "stuff" that exists, and the recipes I just created.
- I moved the various great River armour stuff from "Guild" to a new heading "Medium Armour (The Riders of Stangard)"
- I "standardized" all of the tables... all have the same dimensions and headings (again). They seemed to be a bit "wobbly" when I looked at them.
- Instead of simply saying "Vendor" -- I entered "Reputation Vendor" in the table.
- There is some Great River Armour under Light Armour (Guild) that does not belong there. I assume they are also rep recipes from Stangard, but I have to earn some more tokens to find out. :) Oh well, I still have lots more spiders, trolls and trees to kill till Kindred with Heroes. :)
- I created empty tables for the Medium Armour (Men of Dunland) and Medium Armour (Théodred's Riders). Both are also rep recipes. I think I have all the recipes, but haven't looked at anything except the headers.
- Lots of Recipes missing
Argh!!! -- Take a look a Colbrand -- It looks like the Recipe names for Metalsmith and Light and Medium armour are all the same !!!
Guess we'll have to call them
- Great River Armour Recipe (light)
- Great River Armour Recipe (medium)
- Great River Armour Recipe (heavy)
Yea? Ney? any convention?
Interestingly, Colbrand "knows" that the Great River Armour Recipe I know (medium armour) is different from the Great River Armour Recipe (light armour) or the Great River Armour Recipe (Heavy) recipes that I don't know -- even though he calls them by the same name!
BTW, I'm guessing that patterns like this we see in The Great River Region are going to be carried forward.
ARGH!!! ARGH!!! They snuck in two more sets of "Improved Recipes" in the Guild -- all with the same names as the Great River sets!!! -- Both for the Recipes and for the Crit outputs. The recipes are auto-crits, but with 6 day 18 hour cooldowns, and therefore require a Large Westfold Pattern.
We have got to figure out some way to document this so that the information is both obvious and findable!
Have to think on it a bit. Probably start at the output and work backwards. The Category Page is gong to accumulate a bunch of notes and maybe it will become the transclude for all of the outputs and recipe pages. (They are basically all identical except for item names).