If your character is at Tome upgrade 5, the store will offer an "Isengard Tomes of <stat> Set" for 515 tp, Under Featured Items > Bundled Offers > Stat Packages. This bundle contains Stat tomes 6 & 7. Not sure how to integrate this into page. Also store occasionally offers stat tomes 17 for a limited time.--Thorwynn (talk) 13:40, 6 September 2016 (UTC)
- This is an interesting question. I don't have any good answers, just more questions.
- Basically, the store is now a VERY marketing driven operation; much more so than in the past.
- (Remember, the micro-transaction ability of the in-game store pioneered in DDO, was rumored to be one of the major reasons why WB bought Turbine -- a very successful mechanic for "monetizing" the interests of players in the F2P era. A "cash-cow" it was called by analysts at the time.)
- The upgrade of the store in October of 2015 made it much more flexible in how and what it can change -- without requiring game server downtime!
- And as always, because we don't have any kind of insight or guidance from Turbine as to what is or is not "permanent," we are going to lag behind acknowledging and documenting "LOTRO Store promotions," especially if none of our editors even know about them! i.e. how LONG has this deal been available? Is it a permanent "deal?" We simply do not know. Has this "deal" been around since the release of the Rise of Isengard expansion in 2011, and just now noticed? Or is it a newly created deal?
- The in-game Store now has many "blue-light specials" which are often unadvertised, change frequently and unpredictably, are available for indeterminate lengths of time, and with unpredictable repeatability. Many of these "deals" are only visible to players who meet specific criteria -- such as this Isengard Set" deal. Note that it is no longer possible to see "ALL" options in the Store, but only those for which you are currently eligible. These are all viable marketing tactics to get people to check the store regularly just to see "what is on sale today?" And then become enticed by something they did not intend to buy - called impulse buys. Supermarkets have excelled in this kind of marketing for many, many years.
- All that said, maybe what we need is a section "observed deals" or some such title, where things which are possibly transient could be located along with the caveat or words to the effect -- this item has been observed as apparently available under the specific situation noted. But because of the nature of the store its regular availability cannot be vouched for.
- And then the entry should be dated so that it is obvious when it was available.
- Wm Magill - Valamar - OTG/OTC - talk 12:02, 8 September 2016 (UTC)
Info from Store pop-up
The following info comes from the pop-up describing stat tomes, found in the description of the current sale items in the LOTRO Store.
- Trolls pounding you into submission? Friends defeated because you can't heal them fast enough? Then it may be time to upgrade your character's Agility, Fate, Might, Vitality, or Will stats. Don't worry, there are many easy ways to upgrade these stats! Level up your character. Get better gear by completing quests, crafting, and using the auction-house. Or use permanent stat boosting tomes that are dropped by enemies or purchased through the LOTRO Store. Food and drinks acquired in-game can also provide temporary boosts to your stats. Check out the details on each stat tome type!
Tome Of Will:
- Will increases your maximum power pool, your Out-of-Combat Power Regeneration, and how much you resist Fear effects, including cowering from Dread. It also contributes to increases in your Outgoing Healing Rating and Tactical Offence Rating.
Tome Of Agility:
- Agility increases your ability to evade and parry incoming blows, adds to the amount of ranged damage you deal, and increases your chance to critically hit a foe (ranged or melee). It also improved your Hit Chance.
Tome Of Fate:
- Fate increases your In-Combat Power Regeneration and In-Combat Morale Regeneration. Fate also increases the chance and magnitude of Criticals on Tactical skills (healing and damage spells).
Tome Of Might:
- Might increases your ability to block incoming attacks with a shield, parry incoming blows, or cause greater damage with a weapon. It also reduces incoming common damage.