I think this page should be moved to "Regions". Zone is a term that makes sense to old mmog players but it isn't really accurate in the world of LotRO and "Regions" seems more appropriate. The "zone" link on the main page should be updated to reflect this change as well. --Hellis 18:27, 18 March 2007 (PDT)
--Done --Hinney 23:12, 18 March 2007 (PDT)
What should be the default information for each region? Maps and accomplishments of course, but should we list the resources found in each zone, trainers and key quests? --Hinney 23:12, 18 March 2007 (PDT)
I don't know how to link to areas within a page (probably using the # tag, but I can't seem to figure it out). Regardless, if somebody could link each area in the regions page to the appropriate spot on the landmark-coordinates page it would look better (and you wouldn't have to scroll down to get to the appropriate region once you're on the page).--Jnmontario 09:18, 25 March 2007 (PDT)
A template would be nice, much as the same for player characters, except it would be for towns, villages, regions including a map. It could list several things like merchants and resources, or something as one might be doing a search for something. Rather than having a photo album with a list of screenshots. Vithathir
- A template for the regions? what info should be in there?
- I suggest something like that (structure copied from the region info of wowwiki):
General Banner with Info about Region: Name, level range... underneath it general description of the Region ---- Lore/History section ---- Map(s) first without POIs then with them... floating right maybe a few pictures of the area... ---- List of SubRegions (incl. Instances? as separate entry?) ---- List of Stables with possible destinations ---- Table with adjacent Regions and levelranges... ---- List of notable NPCs (which exactly? quest? trainers? vendors?) ---- List of Quest or a link to the category... ---- List of resources available in area ---- List of creatures in the area ---- Additional notes...
- --Xander 03:48, 5 May 2007 (PDT)
- I like that.
- How about instead of a banner, or with one, a template that holds a screenshot of say, (example: Thorins Hall, above it a bar that holds the name, Thorn's Hall, below that an image of it, below that,..a bar,Basic Info;..type, region,part of, then it's Neighbors, and a placement for a Map.) Kinda like on Guild Wars wiki, gw.wiki or something. But something like wow is ok also, I was only thinking of something that was consistant throughout, kind of like combine GW and WoW and be original too.Frosted Sun 09:21, 5 May 2007 (PDT)
- I like that.
- What about an infobox for the regions with an image and a map slot also?
- Vithathir16:03, 6 May 2007 (PDT)
New Region Layout
I think it time that we revamp the Worlds page and have it link to an updated Regions page. Any ideas on how we should revamp the Worlds section? Xander has a good start on the navigational templates, and I would like to figure out a way to create a template for arda-online.com/maps so if someone add locations it could provide a choice of maps, regional, town and arda-online/map --Hinney 15:03, 12 May 2007 (PDT)