Do Ranks Give Stats?
I was wondering if getting ranks gives you improved stats. (eg. does each rank increase your moral, etc)
- Interesting question. I haven't been in the Moors since the level cap was 50. :) However, at that time, "Rank" served two functions.
- Bragging rights. Your Rank actually displays on your Portrait, and is therefore visible to everyone. (It also has a matching title you can display).
- Up until last summer, when Turbine "fixed" their Web services and did away with the Lorebook, and data.lotro.com there was a player "ranking" display available in the Lorebook, and the raw data was available in data.lotro.com and used by a number websites for similar rank displays. The Lorebook listed ranks by server, and the various Raiding Kinships listed ranks across servers as well.
- Access to certain gear. In order to trade for certain gear, you needed to be of a certain rank. So, in that sense, your Rank allowed you improved stats.
- I have no idea how Essences will become available in the Moors after Update 14.1. Right now, there is no slotted armour available in the Moors, but I expect that to change.
- It will be up to others who have more current knowledge of the Moors can add/correct the above.
- Wm Magill - Valamar - OTG/OTC - talk 16:59, 22 July 2014 (UTC)