US/EU [again ;) ]
Couldn't remember where the previous discussion/s was/were & this seemed an obvious place.
Interesting statement from Satine With regards to our patch schedule, as you may know, we are currently slightly behind the US version. Tuesday's patch will bring us completely up to date, rolling in all the latest updates and hot-fixes. From that point onwards we aim to get back on track to our target of updating/ patching within one or two days of the US service. Whilst this is an on-going challenge, we need Turbine's full commitment to make this happen and we are working closely with them to ensure this, as we all know how important this is to you.
Only 1-2 days behind? I like. Though I'm dubious *roll eyes* DancesInTrees 01:29, 13 May 2007 (PDT)
- I know, have seen myself and thought: "one can only hope"... after all if Blizzard could do it why not CodeMasters? --Xander 07:46, 13 May 2007 (PDT)
This page useful?
Is it OK to remove this page and only keep a link to the Patches category? --Goingbald 00:04, 10 September 2010 (EDT)
- I was going to second the notion to remove this page, but it's been visited nearly 30,000 times over its lifespan, which makes me think it's (been?) useful to at least some degree. Would be nice to see it brought/kept up to date, but who knows when that'll happen? Makes me wonder if we really should be mirroring the patch notes (benefits are that we can link directly to items/quests/mobs affected) or just link directly to the official notes. Sethladan 12:52, 20 June 2011 (EDT)
1- Is there some reason for this? I.e. has someone complained about it?
2- The page: Lotro-Wiki.com:General disclaimer, is(was) a string of out-of-date Copyright notices. I've updated it with current Turbine Legal Info.
- Once in-game one guy asked if I was Zimoon, my character was Zimonod and he did a good guess. Then he actually asked if we were a fan-site or a complement to Lorebook (implied it was run by Turbine). I told the truth and he thanked with the comment that he had just seen a news page and...
- It was also briefly discussed at this Wiki a while ago. I admit it was me who brought it up though ;)
- Even so, some players are sensitive about these things. Others are not. The latter group never complains even if there are disclaimers but the first group would love to see one. Re-posting big advertisements without a hint is never a good idea for an unaffiliated site, and since we do...
- I hesitated if we should have a "disclaimer" on each patch but thought it would do with just one at the list of them all. After all, we have a tiny disclaimer link at the bottom of each page as well. Regarding 2), thanks :)
-- Zimoon (talk) 03:36, 20 November 2012 (EST)
The "official version vs. "our" version
If you want to compare both the "official version and "our" version see: User:Magill/Reference-Releases
- Useful, thanks! I was idly thinking of going through "our" patch notes from the beginning and annotating or cross-referencing them more consistently, the idea being to sort of track where changes have been made to various skills/deeds/quests/etc. It's as good a route of attack as any to catch any stragglers that haven't been updated, not to mention sort of providing a breadcrumb trail back in time as various things have evolved. Also, I'm still trying to figure out a best practice for linking - RTC went ahead and wikilinked pretty much everything on the latest patch, and I know it's helpful for finding things to update, but once things are brought current, does it just become unnecessary "what links here" spam?
- Relatedly, the new Dev Diaries have started including post dates; I saw those and instantly thought, "How thrilled Magill must be!" Sethladan 19:21, 17 December 2012 (EST)
One guesses (hopes) that represents part of the "evolution" from the "old" Beta Forums -- to the new ones! :) It will be interesting to see how much/what else migrates from the old website to the new. AND If the fix the bloody poor response!!! LoL ... I assume, that what we are seeing with the Forums is the fact that they are, like a WIKI, a php based database, and the server is simply overloaded -- although I have noticed that since yesterday's update, Forums.lotro.com are much faster at returning pages this morning than they were yesterday. Go figure. Wm Magill - Valamar - OTG/OTC (talk) 10:39, 18 December 2012 (EST)
Hmmm... where did you find dates? I'm not finding any on the new Diaries, only on Celestra's postings announcing them -- where they have always been. Wm Magill - Valamar - OTG/OTC (talk) 11:15, 18 December 2012 (EST)
Aha... neve rmind, found them... of course, in the process I discovered the discontinuity between lotro.com and forums.lotro.com... sigh. Wm Magill - Valamar - OTG/OTC (talk) 11:45, 18 December 2012 (EST)
The table of contents is getting pretty unwieldly here. Could we possibly reformat this and get rid of all the individual header links (
== xyz ==)? Sethladan 06:53, 4 August 2014 (UTC)