Talk:Master Item Index
Style Guide for Item Indexes
The purpose of Item Indexes is to show all related items of the same type in an easy-to-browse list, primarily for comparative purposes. The intended audience for item indexes are the consumers/users of these items who wish to find the best items to meet their requirements for specific stats, buffs, etc.
To make item indexes as simple as possible for reviewers, please follow these guidelines when creating/editing them:
1. Tables should be used to display items, with the item icon in the far left column, followed by the item title linked to the item itself, then relevant columns to the right. Crafted items and items that are quest rewards/drops should be listed in separate tables. For items that are quest rewards, list the level of the quest as the minimum level of the item, but mark it with an asterisk and include a note stating so at the end of the page.
2. All stats/buffs should be listed in a single comma-delimited list with no line breaks. Wherever possible, try to keep all information for an item on a single line. Stats/Buffs for items should always be listed in the order in the following table (regardless of in what order they appear on the item tooltip) and they should be abbreviated as follows:
|in-Combat Morale Regen||ICMR|
|in-Combat Power Regen||ICPR|
|non-Combat Morale Regen||NCMR|
|non-Combat Power Regen||NCPR|
|Melee Critical Rating||Melee Crit Rating|
|Ranged Critical Rating||Ranged Crit Rating|
|Tactical Critical Rating||Tact Crit Rating|
|Tactical Critical Multiplier||Tact Crit Mult|
|Poison Resist Rating||Poison Resist|
|Disease Resist Rating||Disease Resist|
|Wound Resist Rating||Wound Resist|
|Fear Resist Rating||Fear Resist|
|Incoming Melee Damage||Inc Melee Dmg|
|Incoming Ranged Damage||Inc Ranged Dmg|
|Incoming Tactical Damage||Inc Tact Dmg|
|Ranged Defence||Ranged Def|
|All Critical Defence Ratings||All Crit Def|
Someone started with splitting the different jewelleries level-wise. And stopped. It looks for me as if the Template:Item Index is the problem. If Jewellery is splitted, then there is no page for Bracelets, Earrings, ... but for Bracelets 1-20, Bracelets 21-40,... The Template:Item Index would get five lines more, and it would be a bit big for an index.
The solution i propose is to split the Template:Item Index. The Jewellery line has to be removed from Template:Item Index. A new Template:Jewellery Index has to be created, with a line for each type of jewellery.
While i know meanwhile how to use or edit a template, i don’t know how to create one. So if someone kindly could create Template:Jewellery Index, i’d do the rest. --QNo (talk) 09:48, 13 August 2015 (UTC)
Out of Date
Those Indexes are in bad shape. Some Updates ago, most items changed their properties. While the items are updated, the indexes aren’t. I will work on the lower levels, because that is what my chars need. I will not deal with items above (Min, not item!) lvl 50 for the next year. So if someone could update the entries of the higher level items, help would highly appreciated. QNo (talk) 23:41, 19 December 2016 (UTC)
Working on updating
I'm working on updating the item indexes now. I'll start with this page (Master Item Indexes) then start working my way through the pages for weapons, armour, etc. --Gaerlin (talk) 16:57, 20 June 2017 (UTC)
- Also I am reorganizing the item index pages to use more standardized level ranges as follows: 1-20, 21-40, 41-60, 61-80, 81-100, 101-105 (and will increase this to 101-110 after level cap increases)
- I've updated this Master Item Index page with a new look and feel which I think is simpler, more compact, and requires less scrolling. I'll now start working on the index pages themselves. --Gaerlin (talk) 04:13, 22 June 2017 (UTC)
- The level range of the highest level item index pages has been expanded to 101-115 to accomodate level cap increase with Mordor expansion. --Gaerlin (talk) 13:29, 23 June 2017 (UTC)