Changes to--Item:Adept Officer's Resilient Earring
- These may have tripped upon an issue that needs significantly more work (i.e. explanation) on the Wiki...
- This begs the question: Do those two values NOT show up on the in-game tool-tip?
- The "item_level" parameter should be on every piece of equipment now in the game, as it is the basis of calculating "Level Scaling" values, for both Epic Battles, and now, with Update 13 access to the Ettenmoors (PvMP).
- (Jinjaah has indicated missing values to be a bug that he would look into. Question 49.)
Item Level defined
- Q&A Hobbits to Isengard - Bullroarer
Q.46 - What are the item level numbers on equipment used for? Is it a future development thing? Quick Answer: Items - like characters - have levels. A level 10 character can use class allowed equipment items of level 10 or less: but the same character will first need to level up to use (for example) a level 20 item. This is the general rule: but there are exceptions (see below). More Detail: – The item level gives them a way of differentiating the potency of an item when compared with another item. For example if you are level 85 and can wield an item that is in the low hundreds, there may be many items in that range that you can wield. This gives you another way to compare them to decide which will be better for you. Item level tells you how much juice the devs put into a particular item. It’s not a future development thing so much as just another way of differentiating items. As part of getting difficulty level on track they need a broader variety of items available than simple equip level and rarity could provide.
- The "level" parameter is a different issue. It is not clear if it relates to anything other than the origial "drop" item's "availability." I.e., using its original definition - the Level at which a particular item could be equipped. You could acquire it and have it in your inventory, but not be able to equip it unless, and until you were at that level or higher.
Other Information missing on the Wiki
- The following is "theory" and needs to be verified:
- With "Level Scaling," one assumes that you can be scaled in either Epic Battles or the Moors from say level 40 to level 95, and receive Level 95 Items as Creature/Mob drops, Quest Rewards or Barter items -- for use only while scaled!
- These are items you can equip because you are scaled to their "level." However, on leaving either "scaled" environment, those items will/should automatically un-equip and drop into your inventory.
- How should these two parameters and their effects be reflected on the Wiki is basic question.
- How various components of the information such as the table on the cited page can be determined is another question.
- Wm Magill - Valamar - OTG/OTC - talk 16:58, 18 March 2014 (UTC)
I removed the "item_level", and the "level" values from Adept Officer's Resilient Earring since they were specifically for the level 95 reward, and thus would not be applicable to the pieces obtained at lower levels. A level 90 jewellery reward has an item level of 156, as compared to a level 95 piece which has 176 as item level. Although if I am wrong about this, please accept my apologies and I will restore the original content. Lostthondiel (talk) 19:24, 18 March 2014 (UTC)
Another question about up-scalling
- When a character is up-scaled to level 95. --