I am having a bit of confusion about the discount costs listed in this article. I am still trying to gather info from other members of my kinship who have houses in the different homesteads, but from what I can gather so far, the different homesteads offer different discounts. One of my officers has a house in the Breeland homestead. He receives 20% discount on the merchants there. Another officer, and our kinship house, are located in the Thornin's Hall homestead. She only receives 15% discount, which is accurate to the article. I need to gather a little more data from other members who have personal houses in the other 2 homesteads, but from what I can gather so far, Breeland gives a greater discount than the other homesteads. Can anyone else confirm of deny this, or help shed any light on this? Isk8 (T/C) 17:33, 24 April 2009 (UTC)
- I believe it is as follows...
- Small House - 10 % Discount
- Kinship Hall - 15 % Discount
- Deluxe House - 20 % Discount
MysterX 20:42, 24 April 2009 (UTC)
- That is interesting, our kin had always thought the discounts were different for the different homesteads. I will verify the size of house that the members of the different areas have, and see if it matches your listing above. This data should be included in the article page. Isk8 (T/C) 20:05, 8 May 2009 (UTC)
The information about abandoning a house was way out of date, so I updated it. It is now possible after you have owned a house more than a day to abandon a house and buy another house immediately, so I removed that. It is also no longer necessary to remove everything in the house. All items, including wall and floor paint, ambient music and wallpaper are placed in Escrow the moment a house is abandoned. The only thing not placed in Escrow are the actual housing chests (though their contents are) which must be bought again in the new house. The same character that abandoned the house may retrieve their items from any Escrow vendor in game, even an Escrow vendor in a different homestead. Please note that I tried this out in the half hour before updating this article, so I know everything is current as of the time and date I changed it. Autumnflare 01:49, 2 October 2010 (EDT)
After reading various articles and forums I still don´t understand one thing. How many houses can a player buy? One per server, one per account? If you can only buy one house per account, can you go to that same house with a character from a different server? I would love to have some questions answered, thank you.
- It's one per server. For example I have a house on arkenstone, so all my characters there use that, but on other servers I don't have access to a house yet. --Cyanpill 13:35, 30 January 2011 (EST)