Instance Article Completion Checklist
|Location Entrance (+coords)||5%|
I'm going to do some editing on the Instance Overview, splitting off the sections that contain information about the two boss encounters, moving them to their respective articles. --Fedaykin 13:49, 18 October 2007 (PDT)
Note: I've removed the power-draining water from the overview, because I never noticed an effect like this while running the instance. Please correct me if I'm mistaken. --Fedaykin 14:34, 18 October 2007 (PDT)
Note about Hooktooth - we encountered him just as our fellowship went down the stairs after entering the instance. He seemed to be patrolling around. One of the fellowship members had done the instance before and said that he did not encounter this "boss" (he did not drop any loot), but that may be due to a large patrol path. This could mean that Hooktooth is a rare spawn (does not spawn every instance run), but that would need to be confirmed, and I don't see why the developers would make him rare if he didn't drop anything. --Fedaykin 20:55, 11 October 2007 (PDT)
We encounter Hooktooth almost every time by the bottom of the stairs. I'm not certain what his patrol path is but my guess is that he walks around the cirlce.--Agenor3k 13:20, 15 October 2007 (PDT)
- Ok, we will write him off as a mob then, since he doesn't seem to have any significance. I'd also like to say, great work on the instance overview Agenor :). By the way, remember to sign your talk discussions (the second button from the right on the editing toolbar). Makes it easier to know who wrote what. --Fedaykin 12:06, 12 October 2007 (PDT)
- The one thing of note about Hooktooth is that he will typically drop 3 Battered Arnorian Armors. Not sure if he still shows up in book 14. Speaking of which: Lots of changes to this instance in book 14 -- most significant change is that each of the rooms on the lower floor now has an Arnorian Knight with various adds, you need to defeat the Knight and light a signal fire in each room. MysterX 00:19, 2 September 2008 (PDT)
I just did this instance (solo with lev95 champion) and noticed a few inconsistencies. First, the article mentions levers in the 6 rooms, but there are none (there are baskets that need to be lit though), and I couldn't find any way of unlocking 3 of the rooms. The article also mentions collecting relics, but there are none that I could find anywhere. Finally, the article doesn't mention that some of the "glowing light mobs" in the water (I can't remember their correct name) drop your power to zero instantly. Brendan (talk) 08:22, 6 June 2014 (UTC)
- Sounds like this page needs updating! --Starbursty (talk) 12:33, 6 June 2014 (UTC)
- I am willing to bet that the article has not been updated since the Evendim update! It's an "original" article -- created back in 2007. The changes you mention are typical of how the various quests and instances have been "nerfed" when Turbine has gone back and "revised" various areas. LOTRO has change radically since it was introduced back in 2007. (For one thing, the Level Cap was only 50 way back then!)
- Feel free to update the quests/walkthroughs as needed.
- Wm Magill - Valamar - OTG/OTC - talk 14:58, 6 June 2014 (UTC)
Update notes from June 2014
Just attempted this for the first time with a 4 man group (none of us had ever run it before), slightly above level. I noticed a lot of discrepancies, and will try to run this again this weekend and make lots of notes. We started with 3 beacons lit, and there were 3 rooms blocked off, that we could never open. There were no levers in the rooms, but there were beacons to light. Will update after the next run.--Lally (talk) 03:22, 25 June 2014 (UTC)
- Lots of updates made. It felt very strange to take out so much text - but if it no longer applies...