I originally coded these two quests this way:
-  Terrible Fang -- ( Prerequisites: pending)
to explicitly indicate that there are unknown prerequisites for these quests.
If you walk a level 75 character into Great River, and do no quests what so ever, you will not be able to loot a Item:Pile of Remains to start the first quest, not will the Ancient Rock-worm drop his Fang to start the second, no matter how many times you kill him.
By the time you finish the Stangard quests and are sent to the Abandoned Farm, you will have activated these two quests.
This indicates to me that you must complete some other quests to enable these quests to start. I believe there are prerequisites for these quests, we just don't know what they are yet.
- Interesting -- For both quests, those two things "were just there". The "Pile of Remains" (White Text) activate upon previously activating the "Pile of Remains" (Yellow Text). The yellow text piles are always visible; the white text piles only become visible once the quest has been acquired by clicking on the yellow text. I encountered them while heading into the Feted Caves moving along the river edge from Stangard. There are multiple piles there. There are other piles throughout the Feted Caves area. At the time I did have both the quests active:
- The Ancient Worm jumped me while I was carrying the quests:
- Prior to that, I had no particular reason to be in the Teeming Nests area. I can easily see where the "Spawning Evil" would trigger the appearence of the Ancient Rock-worm, however, the Ancient Rock-worm continues to circle the Teeming Nests area even after the quest (and many others) was completed.
- Someplace, I don't recall where, I saw reference to some quest involving the contents of some dog's stomach. (I think that is what I remember). But can't find it now, and had nothing drop for me while killing hounds.
- And one last observation -- that "buffer dump" line that appeared after the end of A Daring Escape is an interesting bug. It clearly did not belong where it was "output," but unclear if it belonged in the Instance or where. I did bug it.
- --Wm Magill - Valamar - OTG/OTC (talk) 18:30, 24 June 2012 (EDT)
- So, I think we are starting to narrow down the pre-requisites for those two quests. We just need someone willing to take the time to check if they are available each time they get a new quest in Stangard. If, and that's a big if, the game designers made the pre-requisites make sense, it may be as simple as checking before and after those 5 quests you mentioned. What is clear is that if you head off south and south-east of Stangard without establishing the pre-requisites, you will not get those quests.
- Yes, but Gadda expresses no interest in the Blue Cloth (or the poison, as such). :( He just sends you off to investigate the death. (The Story Behind the Death. --- too much continuity director in me :)
- BTW, I moved the contents of the Eorlsmead Quests pages to the -- ditto for Parth Celebrant Quests. Left redirects behind.
- Wm Magill - Valamar - OTG/OTC (talk) 19:58, 24 June 2012 (EDT)