Talk:Dol Amroth (Faction)
Naming the city "Dol Amroth Settlement" seems a little weird to me, since the faction is named after the city, and not the other way around. I know there is a problem with the quest rep reward template; preventing us from using "Dol Amroth (Faction)" as the name of the faction.
So here's my suggestion: What if we named the rep faction Men of Dol Amroth (or something like that; other examples include Swan Knight of Dol Amroth or People of Dol Amroth or Men of Western Gondor. How about that? I think going with Men of Dol Amroth as the faction name would be best.--Tharondir (talk) 19:21, 20 June 2014 (UTC)
- The basic "problem" (besides the template) is the fact that Turbine has used exactly the same name for both the city and the faction. Consequently, all in-game references refer to "Reputation with Dol Amroth" rather than Reputation with "Men of Dol Amroth", like the Riders of Stangard or Men of Bree.
- Other than that, the problem with the template is not that we CAN'T use "Dol Amroth (Faction)" -- it is that the "auto categorization" function doesn't deal with it.
- The problem is compounded by the fact that Turbine doesn't list anything as "Dol Amroth" -- it's all Havens of Belfalas. The only place (so far) where they refer to Dol Amroth that I've seen is in the Stable-master (Morlad), etc. But I haven't worked any of the Havens quests yet, just those of the Blackroot Vale.
- The one thing I would add -- listening to World chat -- DA is what all of the "leets" call Dol Amroth and they never refer to the Reputation Faction. I think largely because there is nothing gated or benefit gained by Rep with Dol Amroth. There is the entire City Watch structure where you gain "rep" with each of the "Districts" of the city! Which is another way of saying -- we need to deal with "Reputation for 'Dol Amroth - Armoury" etc.
- As for which way to go, I'm not comfortable with the Dol Amroth Settlement solution... it doesn't "roll of the tongue" but that may be the solution which makes the most sense from a logistical point of view. There is also a chance that Turbine may change things before this all goes live.
- Wm Magill - Valamar - OTG/OTC - talk 23:36, 20 June 2014 (UTC)
- Dol Amroth Settlement has been replaced with City of Dol Amroth
- Wm Magill - Valamar - OTG/OTC - talk 16:22, 3 July 2014 (UTC)