This page is appearing in Category:Pages with too many expensive parser function calls from all the Reward templates being transcluded in. This is making the last several icons and their table rows bug out, so I'm going to switch the "Source" columns that use Template:Reward over to just plain links. Hope this cuts down a little on the file size and page load time, too. Sethladan 00:01, 22 June 2012 (EDT)
- Good idea. I thought the wiki-engine pre-parsed and cached results but over time I've grown to doubt that. E.g, loading any supplier takes a long time, which a server-cached result would not (assuming I have icons and stuff cached in the browser, which I have). Any page with lots of items takes lots of time, whether using Reward template or not. But I am not sure that is expected or if the wiki really should pre-parse/compile and cache, or not.
- I guess we could often omit those reward/barter uses when the results are same-looking-all-the-way, as in this case. In other words, perhaps we need to use slightly more common sense ;)
- -- Zimoon (talk) 05:01, 22 June 2012 (EDT)
Would it be possible to add a category(ies) or subcategory for moving and interactive decorations? I'm thinking of things like the ale kegs and the chicken coop. I don't know enough about either this wiki or housing decorations yet to be able to add this myself. It would be nice to include a description of how to interact or how something moves or whatever.
If this isn't the place to suggest this, I apologize, but I didn't see a suggestion area. I'd like to add that I love this guide. It's been very helpful already. -- —The preceding unsigned comment was added by Gwilliwen (Contribs • Message • Email) at 10 August 2012.
- Welcome around, and thanks for the suggestion. Unless such a walkthrough is not already available somewhere it should certainly be added, either to this page or to Housing. Hopefully our decoration experts chime in soon and provide further input, it's bedtime for me ;)
- -- Zimoon (talk) 20:29, 10 August 2012 (EDT)
- PS. Found it: House#Customizing the House. However, that link should definitely be on the Decoration Items page too. Cross-references is what a wiki is all about :). DS.
- I haven't been able to find a category that singles out the interactive housing decorations, but I agree that it would be useful. Especially since when I bought a house I had to set a permission for whether visitors could use the interactive decorations, but other than a few lamps I had no idea what sorts of things might be involved. The Inn League Keg seems quite well documented, but others not so much. I could try to start such a category, or at least adding descriptions to certain housing items, but I'm hoping a true housing guru might come along to do a better job of it. ;) -- Elinnea (talk) 21:29, 11 August 2012 (EDT)