Need to reorder sections...
Captain Class page and all the other captain pages are undergoing a rewrite.
Can you remove any reference to the Captain class being a "Jack of All Trades" (or "hybrid"). Such terminology is not helpful and can lead to mis-set expectations (e.g. http://forums.lotro.com/showpost.php?p=1811322&postcount=11). Many endgame 50 Captains do not consider themselves a Jack of All Trades. Just stick to the official "buffer/pets" class categorization.
--taugrim, 2008 May 07
- As an endgame captain, I do consider myself a hybrid, a jack of all trades. I don't see how such terms are derogatory -- perhaps some people need to pull the stick out from their [censored]? ;) Banaticus 06:39, 9 September 2008 (PDT)
New version of the class page is currently located at
User:Xander/CPT, if you have any changes or suggestions please post them at User talk:Xander/CPT!
- New Deed page:
- New Skills page:
- New Traits page:
--Xander 00:41, 1 February 2008 (PST)
- The Captain’s summoning horns now have nicer-looking icons.
- Increased the range of the Captain’s “Shield-brother” skill by 10 meters.
- Increased the range of all Shield-brother skills by 10 meters.
- Reduced the cooldowns of all Tactics to be negligible.
- The animations for “Noble Mark” and “Revealing Mark” are now faster.
- The Herald skills “Coordinated Attack” and “Infuriating Tactics” no longer require your target to be Marked.
- Reduced the cool-down of “Coordinated Attack” to 30 seconds.
- The Captain's Rift armour has been updated so Heralds now grant a 1% shadow mitigation buff similar to that gained by the Standards. Heralds still get their self-buff of 5% shadow mitigation.
- The cool-down on “Wrath of the Oathbreakers” has been reduced to 5 minutes.
- The cool-down on “Shield of the Dúnedain” has been reduced to 10 minutes. --Fedaykin 07:24, 16 February 2008 (PST)
Time of Need
should also be considered a self-debuff as well as a buff due to morale sacrifice --Nurgenfurgen 07:57, 1 October 2008 (PDT)
Volume 3, Book 2
Need to continue making changes that came along with Vol 3, Book 2, including the renaming of the Master of Oaths trait to Leader of Men, the alteration of the Master of War trait (now allows one to summon an archer). Also, there were armament changes in this book, plus the addition of a new captain low level skill, Sure Strike. --Zagyg 12:47, 30 September 2010 (EDT)
- A part is done: --Goingbald 02:18, 1 October 2010 (EDT)
- Trait set images uploaded
- Trait pages renamed and/or updated (also those linked to them)
- Banners & armaments sold by NPC Captain Trainer updated, now need to update tailor crafted ones
- The 4 traits switched between sets to check
It seems some are a bit incorrect in their numbering - So far I can tell that Battle Master is only 100 critted hits with Devastating Blow, seems that it's still 30/day though. --Pingster 10/10/2010