Suggestion: Exclude ' (Title)'
I've noticed in my Titles work that pages having names with multiple entries in the wiki are differentiated mainly by appending a parenthetical tag, like '_(Title)' (Note: I used an underscore to represent a space since that must also be removed). The problem is Boilerplate:Title's scripting uses wiki page name = in-game title's name which is not accurate once any prefix or suffix is included in the page name. So, the Warrior of Lothlórien (Title) page should have within the Title field of the table, "Warrior of Lothlórien" - not "Warrior of Lothlórien (Title)". Other Boilerplates may have similar issues. -- DoIHaveTo (talk) 13:42, 9 December 2011 (EST)
- Good point - I've added an exception so you can override the page name as needed. Unfortunately, I don't think I could automatically ignore any parenthetical suffixes, so you may have to just correct them as you go. Just add a
| name =line in each page where it's needed; I've updated Boilerplate:Title to reflect this option, and made a sample change to the title you mentioned. Thanks for the catch and the suggestion! Sethladan 14:01, 9 December 2011 (EST)
- All fixed.
- Note: The "Create xxx" pages all use a "Preload" page" Category: Template Preloads -- which, like the boilerplate pages "should" integrate with the "/doc" page but doesn't. It's another aspect of the Great Documentation Project that I've intended to figure out a good way to deal with but have simply not gotten around to it. I suspect the simple answer would bet to simply transclude the Preload page into the /doc page -- but that probably will cause "double translcude" issues...
- So much time -- so little to do -- strike that, reverse it ...
- And not only is Dr. Who coming into the Finale, but Sherlock was just announced to be Dr. Strange!
- Wm Magill - Valamar - OTG/OTC - talk 01:32, 28 October 2014 (UTC)