Control Point table
I don't have all the necessary information at hand, and I am not a pro at making embedded tables, but I would like to propose that the control points get a table something like this:
|Name||Coordinates||Invader||Warden||Effect of Control|
- Name: Name of control point (link)
- Coordinates: Map coords (map popup)
- Invader: named mob that must be defeated to capture the control point (link)
- Warden: named Ranger NPC that guards the control point when held (link)
- Effect of Control: Notes about which gates and instances remain open when held.
If anyone has the coordiantes and Warden names, and knows how to actually populate a table with them, that would be great. - MysterX 14:15, 3 April 2008 (PDT)
For once I think it is better to rather include much info from Tyl Annûn in this page. Reasons? I do not think many players actually think that Tyl Annûn is a discrete area, separated from Annúminas. Hence they will just be confused about "missing info". Any other though? --- Of course Tyl Annûn will have its relevant info, plus clear pointers to this page.
-- Zimoon (talk) 11:40, 7 April 2012 (EDT)
Is the comment about access to instances being determined by who holds the control point still true, or is this just a reference to some old behavior? I've never noticed any problems entering any of the Annuminas instances, but I don't usually bother to look to see who holds the control point either. Ptorq (talk) 15:53, 1 June 2013 (EDT)
- That is legacy information that should be removed or marked as old behavior. When Evendim was first added, status of the control points did determine instance access. This was before instances were converted to their current state of being able to enter them from anywhere.
- Current behavior for the control points is that they do not affect ability to enter the instances. Controlling all 3 points does grant every player in Evendim and Annuminas a buff effect to XP and reputation earned (dont know about players inside the instances but presumably them too).
- - Shardis (talk) 10:12, 3 June 2013 (EDT)