- Tactical Mitigation is the Character Stat that will reduce the amount of incoming damage your character takes from certain damage sources. It protects you from most attacks that are non-physical.
- Acid, Fire, Frost, Lightning and Shadow Damage Types all fall under the category of tactical attacks and thus have their damage directly reduced by Tactical Mitigation.
- Tactical attacks cannot be Evaded, Parried, or Blocked, but they can be Resisted.
- You can see the type of damage being done to your character by viewing the Combat Log.
- The primary sources of Tactical Mitigation are your Armour, the Character Stat Will, and the Character Stat Vitality. A sizable amount can also be acquired through intelligent Jewellery choices and (Virtue) selection.
- These Virtues (Character Traits) all influence Tactical Mitigation:
- The following Virtues can increase Vitality:
- The following Virtues can increase Will:
- Tactical Mitigation is an important Character Stat for Tanks and end-game raiders as most Instance and raid bosses will do Tactical Damage instead of Physical Damage a strong majority of the time.
- Also most "Creeps" in the Ettenmoors (PvMP) do a majority of their damage as tactical, so this stat is highly valued in most Freeps.
- All classes now receive 1 point of Tactical Mitigation per point of Will and Fate.