Sword-hall of Dol Guldur
|Level:||65 - 105|
|Cluster:||Tower of Dol Guldur|
"The Sword-hall of Dol Guldur (Sâd-en-Dagor) is in the central training hall of the Enemy's minions, overseen by three terrible champions of the Dark Lord..."
The entrance of the Sword-hall of Dol Guldur is in Dol Guldur.
The nearest campsite is in Helethir. From here it is 5 minutes travelling to the Sword-hall. Leave the settlement through the eastern entrance and ride up the hill. Go to the right after you've entered the small gate of Dol Guldur, uphill. From here the entrance of the Sword-hall of Dol Guldur is the first door to your left that you can open.
Click [-] to contract a list of deeds found within the instance.
This 3-man instance takes 15-30 minutes, depending on what classes your group contains. It can be completed in normal mode or in challenge mode. In normal mode you will challenge the bosses after each other (with groups of mobs in between them), in challenge mode there are no groups of mobs, but you will need to fight all three bosses at the same time.
There is no specific advised group make-up for this instance, although for hard mode it might be nice to have a healer and a tank.
There is not much to be said about normal mode, it's easy. Fight the 2 waves of 3 adds which will spawn from any corner in the room. After that a boss will show up.
- Urcheron: Tank and DPS him down. He's got a nasty fire-buff, watch out for that one. If you got a Burglar in the group, let him trigger a fellowship move as soon as he makes his induction (that will prevent the fire-buff).
- Carchrien: Clobber/Addle her if she uses her heal-induction. Other than that, tank and DPS her down. Ignore the bats she spawns, they will disappear after a short time.
- Durkâr: Same again, tank and DPS him. Once in a while he will go green and run back to the middle of the room for a AOE-attack. Find your position in the blood-pool just at the entrance, this will prevent you from getting hit.
All 3 bosses will get a corruption. If you remove this corruption, your fellowship gets a Buff. Use them at the right times.
Challenge Mode is quite a bit harder than Normal Mode. You must defeat all 3 bosses at once (and adds will spawn after about 10 minutes, meaning you need to finish before they show up). To start Challenge mode, you need to light the brazier in the back. The key to victory, is a good group setup. Healer, Tank, DPS is the best combo. The tank should tank two of the bosses (Durkâr, and one other one), as the DPS kills the remaining one (group make up dictates which you kill first):
- With a Champion, Guardian and Minstrel, it is easier to kill the Carchrien first, so it could stop healing, and keep the bats of the Minstrel.
- With a Champion, Captain and Minstrel killing Urcheron first is easier since it's fire is the most annoying, and it has the lowest hp. It should be noted that Carchrien MUST be interrupted, or kept on the opposite side of the room from the boss being dps'ed.
Level 85 Loot
Old Non-scaled Loot
| "The three of you are hereby banished from Edoras." - Gríma Wormtongue
Due to Update 9, Against the Shadow - December 17, 2012, this loot is now obsolete.
This instance rewards with Medallions of Dol Guldur, 3rd age legendary weapons, relics and settings. If you complete it in hard mode, you will earn more medallions. There are also some items that will drop:
|Dol Guldur Instances|
|Small fellowship:||Sword-hall of Dol Guldur • Warg-pens of Dol Guldur|
|Fellowship:||Dungeons of Dol Guldur • Sammath Gûl|