Items with reduced durability have to be repaired at a vendor, or they will end up breaking and being unusable until repaired. All equipment (armour and weapons) can be damaged during combat, and is damaged by 10 points on defeat. Note that defeat by misadventure, such as falling off a cliff, does not damage equipment. Also, regular use of tools damages them.
Most vendors throughout Middle Earth will repair your armour, weapons and tools for a price, but some will charge less in certain circumstances.
|100%||Most vendors||No discount (0%)|
|95%||Reputation Vendors||Must have Ally standing with the Faction (+5%)|
|90%||Homestead Vendors||Vendor must be in Housing Instance in which one of your characters owns a standard house (+10%)|
|85%||Homestead Vendors||Vendor must be in Housing Instance in which your kin owns a kinship house (+15%)|
|80%||Homestead Vendors||Vendor must be in Housing Instance in which one of your characters owns a deluxe house (+20%)|
- Note: if your home is in the same instance as your kin house the larger discount applies. Discounts do not stack.
- You can determine your discount from various REPUTATION vendors:
- go to your Deed Guide (Shift-L)
- select the "Class/Race/Epic" tab at the top
- select the "Reputation" tab at the bottom
- check the "Completed" box
- wait while your history is retrieved from the server
- Click on the various Deeds to see the rewards awarded (the "Set Rewards" box simply shows icons, not details).
- "mouse-over" each of the various Completed Deed Icons to see the specifics of each reward (discount).
Another way is to go to the skills panel (by pressing K). The tab for passive skills has a list of the discounts the character currently has.