|Landmark(s):|| Duvairë |
| Fasach-larran |
Nan Amlug East - The North Downs
|Levels:||Mainly 40 - 42|
Ram Dúath is an area within Angmar in the south-western region.
Ram Dúath is a range of black, craggy mountains with maze-like and treacherous passages and dead-end rifts and ridges. In the south-west the vales and mountain faces are den to drakes, worms and other fell creatures, and elsewhere spiders and cave-claws are prowling. In the eastern section angmarim and orcs guard the eastern roads as well as the camps and fortresses they hold, here also Merrevail have settled in a cavern. It should be noted that the worms and drakes in the south-western vales are of much lower level and the rest of this area.
In the centre of the area, athwart the safe road from the North Downs to Aughaire, a friendly tribe of Earth-kins have built a small village, driven away by the hosts of Angmar. There are found some basic services, a Camp Site Fire, and ... less talkative quest-givers.
From the North Downs three paths connect to this area:
- The west-most path leads into hostile worm and drake nesting grounds.
- The middle and safest path leads straight to Lehmä-koti.
- The east-most and longest path runs through Ost Crithlanc and is filled with spiders and Cave-claws.
The following settlements are found within this area:
These landmarks are located within Ram Dúath:
See list of all NPCs within Ram Dúath
See "starting quests" and the landmarks for more quests
-  Valley of the Worms
-  Destroying the Hatchery - Fellowship
-  Mother of the Valley - Fellowship
-  Scales of the Earthbound Foe - Fellowship
-  Leathery Wings of the Drakes - Fellowship
-  Volume I, Book 6, Chapter 6: Challenging the Stone
The following creatures are found within this area:
- Blade-beak Ravager
- Blogmal Captain
- Blogmal Fighter
- Blogmal Skirmisher
- Drake Matron
- Enraged Fell-spirit
- Iron Crown Fighter
- Iron Crown Sentinel
- Skittering Strangle-web
- Strangle-web Hunter
- Young Drake
- "Far to the north of the Shire – indeed, far to the north of Bree-land and the North Downs – lies a range of black, craggy mountains that bars passage from the North Downs into Angmar beyond. This range is called the Ram Dúath. Over the course of history it has served as a fortification of the Witch-king's realm, and as a cage in which to pen his servants after his defeat. The Rangers of the North keep an eye ever trained on the mouths of its passes, watching for trouble from the cursed lands beyond.
- "The passage through the Ram Dúath is maze-like and treacherous, a den to drakes and other fell creatures, as well as home to the strange Earth-kin, gentle giants who hunt the aurochs of the North Downs. Recently, armies out of Angmar have begun to descend through the Ram Dúath, threatening the North Downs and the rest of Eriador beyond. — lorebook