Race of Man
The Race of Man is the shortest-lived of the Races of Middle-earth, yet it is also the race destined to rule in the years beyond the Third Age. Their mortality was considered a unique gift, but in time it became known as “The Doom of Men” and the source of lamentation. Men and Women are capable of great courage and honour, yet they can also easily fall prey to ambition, deceit and betrayal.
Starting Area: Archet
Bree-folk often use simple, English-styled names. Sometimes Bree-landers go by their last names, which are almost always related to plants, such as Appledore, Thistleway, Butterbur, or Ferny.
- Common Bree-men names are short: Ned, Bill, Mat, Wil, or Tom, but longer or less familiar names -- such as Barliman, Humphrey, or Cuthbert -- are not unknown.
- Common Bree-women names are simple: Ellie, Dora, Adela, and Clara, though less familiar names -- such as Amabel, Maribel, or Livina -- are not unknown.
Dale-folk tend to use Norse of Anglo-Saxon names, such as Bard, Brand, Eadald, or Hengest for men, or Ethelhild, Beornwyn, Cynwise, or Leofwen for women.
- Common Dale-men name endings: -bryt, -dryt, -ea, -ferth, -frid, -frith, -gar, -helm, -here, -laf, -nath, -red, -ric, -rid, -sig, -stan, -thryth, -werd, -wald, -wig, -wine, and -wulf.
Common prefixes: Ald-, An-, Beo-, Beorth-, Cen-, Ceol-, Cuth-, Ead-, Egel-, Elf-, Esc-, Ethel-, Forth-, Frea-, Grim-, Guth-, Hes-, Ord-, and Theod-.
- Common Dale-women name endings: -bur, -fled, -gifu, -leofu, -swith, -thryth, -waru, -wen, -and -wyn, among others.
Common prefixes: Elf-, Esc-, Ethel-, Beorn-, Ceo-, Cwen-, Cyn-, Ead-, Eal-, Here-, Leof-, and Wulf-.
With rare exceptions, men and women of Gondor have Sindarin names. Beregond, Boromir, and Faramir are examples of Gondor men's names; Gilraen and Ioreth are women's names.
- Common masculine endings in Sindarin: -adan, -aran, -bor, -born, -dir, -dor, -had, -ion, -las, -or, -orn, -phant, -phor, -randir, -ras, -rod, -rond, -ros, -thelion, -thir, -uil, and -vorn.
Common prefixes: Adan-, Aeg-, Am-, Aran-, Bara-, Beleg-, Celeb-, Curu-, Dag-, El-, Fela-, Fin-, Gal-, Gil-, Hal-, Ing-, Lin-, Mal-, Pen-, Tar-, Thurin-, and Ul-.
- Common feminine name endings in Sindarin: -anor, -dal, -dis, -el, -eth, -iel, -il, -gil, -los, -raen, -riel, -rian, -uilas, -uilos, -wen, and -wing.
Common prefixes: Adan-, And-, Ar-, Bel-, Breg-, Celeb-, Dol-, Edhel-, El-, Fan-, Find-, Galadh-, Gil-, Hir-, Ior-, Ir-, Lal-, Mel-, Mor-, Nim-, Rod-, Sael-, and Tinú-.
Men and women of Rohirrim use Anglo-Saxon names, such as Eomer, Erkenbrand, and Théoden for men, or Beornwyn, Cynwise, Éorwyn, or Léofwen for women.
- Common name endings for men of Rohirrim: -bryt, -dryt, -ea, -ferth, -frid, -frith, -gar, -helm, -here, -nath, -red, -ric, -rid, -sig, -stan, -thryth, -werd, -wald, -wig, -wine, and -wulf.
Common prefixes: Ald-, An-, Beo-, Beort-, Beorn-, Cen-, Ceol-, Coen-, Cuth-, Ead-, Egel-, Elf-, Eo-, Esc-, Ethel-, Forth-, Frea-, Grim-, Guth-, Hes-, Ord-, and Theod-.
- Common name endings for women of Rohirrim: -bur, -fled, -gifu, -leofu, -swith, -thryth, -waru, -wen, -and -wyn.
Common prefixes: Elf-, Esc-, Ethel-, Beorn-, Ceo-, Cwen-, Cyn-, Ead-, Eal-, Eo-, Here-, Leof-, and Wulf-.
- of Bree-land - You grew up in Bree-land, once part of the North Kingdom of Arnor, once ruled by Elendil the Tall as High King of Middle-earth, and later by his elder son Isildur. Now it is but a simple, rustic land, and the North Kingdom is no more.
- of Dale - You come from the Dale-lands in the northeast of Middle-earth, beneath the Lonely Mountain, where Bard the Bowman slew the dragon Smaug and fought in the Battle of Five Armies.
- of Gondor - You hail from the land of Gondor, the South Kingdom once ruled conjointly by the sons of Elendil, Isildur and Anárion, ever-watchful against the looming threat of Mordor.
- of Rohan - You are one of the Horse-lords of the Riddermark, the realm granted to Eorl the Young by Cirion, Steward of Gondor, currently ruled by Théoden, Son of Thengel.
- For details see Race of Man Traits
|Upper-cut||Grants a Melee ability||13||Enmity of the Dead (50)|
|Tactics and Might Bonus||+5% to Conjunction healing and damage||19||Enmity of the Dead II (100)|
|Man Sword-damage Bonus||+2% to 1H and 2H Sword damage||25||Enmity of the Dead III (150)|
|Man of the Fourth Age||+20 Will||13||Enmity of the Wargs (50)|
|Return to Bree||Allows you to teleport back to Bree||29||Enmity of the Wargs II (150)|
|Duty-bound||Adds a bonus to your fellowship's Morale||35||Enmity of the Wargs III (150)|
|Balance of Man||+ (4 * Level) to Evade, Parry, and Block||30||Enmity of the Hillmen (150)|
|Strength of Morale||Restores 2200 - 3000 Morale||35||Enmity of the Hillmen II (250)|
|Virtuous Man||+1 Confidence, Justice, Patience||20||Friend of Men of Bree|
These are obtained via completion of Race of Man Deeds.
Men of Lore
Aragorn, King Elessar
Captain-General Boromir of Gondor
* Denethor, Steward of Gondor
* High King Elendil
* Knight-Lord Éomer of Rohan
* Ranger Captain Faramir of Gondor
Isildur, founder of Gondor
* King Théoden of Rohan
Prince Théodred of Rohan