Quest Talk:Chapter 2: The Missing Rider
The rider's horse for this quest has a floaty name (black horse corpse) and a tooltip with flavor (This black horse was once the steed of one of the Nine, but is now dead). Does that make it worthy enough to have its own page in the wiki? I got screenies. -Adelas (talk) 01:50, 11 October 2011 (EDT)
Bugged elf stone, stealth works
I had the misfortune of trying this quest today. I never once got the message "This is a good place to use the elf stone" or any other message. After dying, I went back and used elf stealth, walked up to the horse, clicked it (breaks stealth) and completed it. I survived the subsequent attack by 3 signature mobs only barely. I don't know how that elf stone is supposed to work, but it doesn't work as intended or documented. Even standing in the center of the horse, no message about the elf stone. Simply does not work. I'm tempted to add a note in the quest saying "use stealth if elf stone doesn't activate." What do you think? Some characters can't stealth though. I did notice that the supposed message does not have an activation area with it, maybe others have the same problem and just do it while level 100 to clean up old deeds and whatever. Acatlover2 (talk) 01:22, 18 January 2016 (UTC)
- If I remember correctly, the message appears just as you encounter the first Troll. It does NOT occur anywhere near the horse. As with the troll caves, the Elf Stone can only be invoked at that entrance point.
- It would not surprise me to learn that if you are in stealth mode that you won't get the message.
- Wm Magill - Valamar - OTG/OTC - talk 13:26, 18 January 2016 (UTC)
- I did it recently, the message pops near the entrance of that corridor, before the trolls are in sight. If the quest is on tracker (and not mounted?), the elf stone should be ready to use, no more red line around it. Checking the timer on stone effect, you can stay a bit longer and work on the troll deed, but effect wears off if you venture further where there are more trolls! :) -- Goingbald (talk) 18:20, 18 January 2016 (UTC)
- I don't remember if I was on a horse or not (probably yes) and then I got to the first trolls (at the entrance the first time) and got off the horse. The trolls are now signature and the men are normal. So as long as you don't get too much aggro it's not too bad. I fought a while and then thought, hey how come it's still not available? So I tried to ride through to the carcass and click it. Which is how I died, of course. There are 2 quest rings shown on the map. Maybe one is more sensitive than the other. It seems to me it should be trigger-able anywhere in that valley if you're on that quest. And why would being in stealth be a dealbreaker? It's not like I can attack from stealth without breaking stealth. And using the elf stone probably would break stealth anyway. I just don't understand such tricky things I guess. Why so complicated? Meh, I'll just bring a friend next time. Acatlover2 (talk) 21:42, 18 January 2016 (UTC)