Quest Talk:Book 5, Chapter 8: The Ride of the Rohirrim
Suggestion for the map
- I noticed the map for the coordinates attached to the location of Theoden is missing. This got me thinking. Due to the way the map changes with the time of day, it will be difficult to display the location of the coordinates on the correct map, especially with the way the coordinates are tied to the location given for "endinglocation" and "startinglocation". May I suggest, instead of just having [[Field of Onslaught]], we have a separate version of the page for each time of day (ex. [[Field of Onslaught - Dawn]]). If we do this, we could have one "master page" titled [[Field of Onslaught]] to give general information (lore, etc.) about the location. We can have things that take place at certain times of day on the pages that "branch off" from that page. That way, we are able to link to the correct map for coordinates, etc. while still having a general information page. -- Gestrid (talk) 19:55, 13 April 2016 (UTC)
- This is basically how it works already. The Field of Onslaught is the Dawn version of the Pelennor. Next up is "King's End" (Morning), followed by "The Rider's Stand" (Noon), then "The Ruin of Pel Dûven" (Afternoon), and lastly, "The Threshold of the City" (Aftermath of the battle). So we simply use these names, I say. --Tharondir (talk) 21:30, 13 April 2016 (UTC)
- Yes, we did -- Helm's Deep (after midnight), Helm's Deep (before dawn), Helm's Deep (sunrise). These all used a separate Map "EB-Helm's Deep" which has a different set of coordinates than the "normal" Helm's Deep map.
- If you are interested, here's where the magic happens:
- If you look at the test page, Helm's Deep section, you can see how it was organized.
- The first thing which needs to be done is to organize the table in the test page with the appropriate names so that all can see what the correct map-names are for each time.
- Finally the individual quests and tooltips are simply created using those map-names.
- It's not rocket science, but it is intricate.
- Wm Magill - Valamar - OTG/OTC - talk 03:45, 19 April 2016 (UTC)