Quest Talk:A Shameful Loss
There are 3 related quests now, with Update 5 as of 12 December 2011. This quest may have replaced an earlier version of a similar quest. That quest "worked," but may not have actually provided either ANY rewards (despite what it claimed) or not sufficient.
See the Walkthrough/Notes for the situation as it now appears.
It will require someone who completes the "original" version of this (Quest:A Peace-shattering Silence) subsequent to 12 December 2011 ... to provide the information on:
- Which quest exists? Quest:A Shameful Loss or Quest:A Peace-shattering Silence
- Does the dialog still match?
- Does the reward change?
I had completed the original Quest:A Peace-shattering Silence prior to the Update 5 patch. I suspect that subsequent folks completing this quest line will not get this quest.
Just completed... checking in
So, I just received this quest; it appeared in Saeradan's quest offerings AFTER I completed the quest Seeking a Solution.
Backstory: I thought I had destroyed the pick to make room in my inventory a few days ago (after update 6 was active). However, when I came back to Gravenwood after a long absence (hadn't been here for a couple months), I opened my quest log and the quest Seeking a Solution was active, not cancelled. I did not look in my inventory to see if I had a pick or not. However, regardless, I was able to dig at the foot of the Tree of Tribute, and thence to turn in the quest Seeking a Solution (it auto-turned-in). I assumed that this quest was more of a dig (bwahaha i'm so punny) at me for destroying the pick, than anything else.
I don't know if this is helpful information at all, but I thought I would record the info. -Adelas (talk) 00:36, 17 March 2012 (EDT) Editing to clarify the order of things: Here's what my chat log said when I clicked on the dirt at the Tree of Tribute:
- You have discovered another evil token, but are attacked by a Cuthraul
- Defeated Nulchulth
- Completed: Seeking a Solution
You've earned 32 silver pieces and 55 copper coins for quest completion. [I then did some quests with Andreg]
Hunting the Pack
- Scouted the path through the South Gravenwood
[Couldn't get Andreg to respond so I went to the scout-camp and turned in the tokens I found under the two trees.]
Evil in the Wood
You've earned 32 silver pieces and 55 copper coins for quest completion.
- New Quest: A Shameful Loss (Objective 1: Talk to Saeradan to receive the pick-axe, which I did; Then Objective 2 auto-completed with no pick ever going into my inventory, and then...)
- Completed Seeking a Solution
- Completed: A Shameful Loss
Notice that the "completed" line for SaS reads like a quest objective completion all on one line, not like a finished quest, with a colon and a line break. If that helps. -Adelas (talk) 00:46, 17 March 2012 (EDT)
Completed this quest without destroying the Pick-axe
This is what I did today:
- Grabbed the Quest:A Peace-shattering Silence from Saeradan.
- Scouted the Mustering Tree.
- Scouted the Tree of Tribute and received the Pick-axe.
- Didn't use the Pick-axe to start the quest.
- Went back to Saeradan. He had Quest:A Shameful Loss for me so I grabbed it.
- It told me to use the Pick-axe and complete Quest:A Peace-shattering Silence so I did. Quest:A Shameful Loss was automatically completed at the same time.