'Do you think I should turn around and head for home? I am worried about the Shire, and this has been quite a long journey already... I do not know what to do!
'And furthermore, I have noticed that Willem has not been his usual self for a short time now. Do you think he is angry with me for even considering bringing this adventure to an end? Oh, I hope not! Perhaps you can learn if this is the root of his dissatisfaction, <name>. Please find out if Willem is disappointed with me for thinking of returning to the Shire, will you?'
Bingo is concerned that something seems to be troubling Willem Whisker, and he wants to learn what it may be.
Willem Whisker is inside the Grimslade Mead Hall, in the Westfold.
- Bingo Boffin: 'I have noticed that Willem has not been his usual self for a short time now. Do you think he is angry with me for even considering bringing this adventure to an end? Oh, I hope not! Perhaps you can learn if this is the root of his dissatisfaction, <name>. Please find out if Willem is disappointed with me for thinking of returning to the Shire, will you?'
- Willem Whisker: Willem looks at you closely. Curiously, the impression you get is that he is trying to make up his mind about something.
- Willem suddenly runs outside!
- Talk to Bingo inside the Grimslade Mead Hall
Bingo is inside the Grimslade Mead Hall, in the Westfold.
To Bingo's surprise, Willem has suddenly run outside!
- Bingo Boffin: 'What did you say to him, <name>? Where is he going? We have to follow him!'
- You will automatically travel in pursuit of Willem when you continue this quest.
You have followed Willem Whisker through the Gap of Rohan and to the entrance of the Dunbog. Now the lynx has stopped and he seems to be waiting for you.
- Willem has led you through the Gap of Rohan to the Dunbog
- Talk to Willem Whisker outside the Dunbog
You have followed Willem Whisker to the entrance to the Dunbog, where he has stopped and waited for you to catch up.
- Willem Whisker: Willem looks at you expectantly, and then bounds away to the west. He seemingly wants you to follow him into the Dunbog.
- Willem is running towards a lone tree rising from the bog
- Follow Willem Whisker to the west, into the Dunbog
Willem ran to the west, into the Dunbog.
- Many of these lynx share Willem's pattern and colour!
- Talk to Willem Whisker by the lonely tree in the Dunbog
Willem Whisker has found a group of lynx in the north-east corner of the Dunbog, and many of them share his pattern and colour. Is this his family?
- Bingo Boffin: 'Look at these lynx! Is this Willem's family?'
- Willem Whisker: You look at Willem nuzzling with the she-lynx and understand that this is his mate, and the smaller lynx curled up nearby are their cubs.
- Talk to Bingo by the lonely tree in the Dunbog
Bingo is by the lonely tree in the north-east corner of the Dunbog, with Willem's family.
- Bingo Boffin: 'This must be Willem's family, <name>! I think I understand what Lady Galadriel meant when she spoke of his journey! I think he was looking for a better home for his mate and his cubs. Did you find one, W.W.?'
- Even Bingo can read the disappointment in Willem's face.
- 'I am sorry, Willem! We found him caught in a trap in the Trollshaws, <name>, do you remember? That is no place to raise a family! Rohan is embroiled in war, Moria is too dark, the mountains are too cold...'
- Bingo trails away, and looks around at the marshes of the Dunbog.
- 'Do you know something, Willem? Your cubs look satisfied to live here, and it seems that they've already developed a taste for toad meat. The temperature suits them and they know the nearby landmarks, and now that you're back, your family seems to want for very little. What if <name> and I built a bit of a shelter for you, and gathered some food for your family? We could also defeat some of the more unpleasant foes that stalk the marsh!
- 'This might not have seemed the perfect home before, but compared to the other lands we've seen, I think we might be able to turn it into the perfect place for your family! What do you say to that?'
- Willem and his mate look hopeful, but their cubs just look sleepy
- Defeat Orc Abominations in the Dunbog (0/4)
- Collect toad meat from adult bog-toads in the Dunbog (0/8)
- Collect suitable stones in the north-east corner of the Dunbog (0/8)
Bingo wants you to help make the Dunbog the perfect home for Willem and his family. You should defeat Orc Abominations in the north-west of the Dunbog, collect meat from toads throuhout the swamp, and collect suitable stones with which to build a sheltering wall.
- Bingo Boffin: 'We should build a shelter for Willem, and gather some food for his family! We could also defeat some of the more unpleasant foes that stalk the marsh!'
- Collected suitable stones (8/8)
- Defeat Orc Abominations (4/4)
- Collected toad meat (8/8)
- Build a nice sheltering wall for Willem's family
You have gathered some things to make Willem's home a little nicer, and should go now to the north-east area of the Dunbog to set Bingo's plan in motion.
- Bingo Boffin: 'I hope this wall does the trick!'
- The wall turned out quite well, and blocks much of the wind
- Give the toad meat to Willem at his nest
Willem Whisker is at his nest in the north-east corner of the Dunbog, with his family.
- Bingo Boffin: 'I suppose this is good-bye, then. You take care of yourself and your family, W.W.!'
- Willem WHisker: You set the toad meat down within the wall, and some of the young cubs sniff it with interest. Willem blinks at you slowly, and you know that this is goodbye. He looks from you to Bingo, and you assure him that you will continue watching out for the hobbit adventurer.
- Talk to Bingo at Willem's home in the north-east corner of the Dunbog
Bingo is at Willem Whisker's nest in the north-east corner of the Dunbog.
- Willem Whisker: Willem purrs loudly, and the rumbling fills the air.
- Bingo Boffin: 'I suppose this is the end of our journey together, Willem. I am sad to see you go, but I know that your family needs you and I don't want to keep you from them any longer than I already have! I have really enjoyed our travels together, and I wouldn't trade them for anything! I... I'll miss you, W.W.. You take care of yourself and your family too, you hear me?'
- A loud rumbling sound fills the air.
- 'Are you purring, Willem? No, couldn't be. You are a rough and tough adventurer, a veteran of many campaigns! It must just be my stomach rumbling. I never did get enough meals to suit me on this journey, and today is no different! Well... well... so long, Willem. I will take my rumbling belly away now, so as not to wake the little ones. You are welcome in the Shire any time. Any time, Willem, I mean it!
- 'It is difficult to say goodbye, <name>, but we had better leave now or we won't! Let us go north-east to the nearest village in the Starkmoor. I think it is called something like Avardin, but I do not know for certain.'
Bingo has said farewell to Willem Whisker and wants to meet you at the nearest town in the Starkmoor.
- Bingo Boffin: 'Goodbye, Willem! We will miss you! Come visit anytime!'
- Willem Whisker: Willem looks at you gratefully, and purrs loudly.
- Bingo Boffin: 'I am glad we were able to help Willem and his family, <name>. I will miss that fuzzy fellow, though. I think I will try to do some writing in my book in order to keep myself busy for now, if that is all right with you.'
- After you complete this quest, Bert Bartleby will arrive in the centre of Avardin in the Starkmoor, in Dunland.
- Next week: 'A String of Ill Fortune' (Recommended Level: 93)