'I am Framric, a man of Rohan proud and true, and I need your help. Orcs have crossed the river, and now they swarm throughout this land, all along the East Wall of my homeland.
'I came south from the Wold with a party of some thirty riders to investigate what could have drawn the Orcs across the Great River. When we arrived, the force was even larger than we expected, and they set upon us. We drove them away, but suffered many losses and our camp is in disarray.
'My people could use your help to restore the camp and make safe the border of Rohan. Go to the south-west, near the passage into the Norcrofts. Make your presence known to my brothers, if you wish to aid us.'
A party of Rohirrim have ridden south from the Wold to investigate the massing of the Orcs along the East Wall of Rohan.
A band of Rohirrim from the Wold have made camp in the East Wall south-west of the Argonath and the entrance to the Wold, in the stretch of land that leads to the Norcrofts.
You have been told where to find a camp of the Rohirrim in the East Wall, and should seek them out to offer your aid against the Orcs.
- Léomund: 'My people will need your help against the Orcs, if you are willing to lend it to them. Find their camp to the south-west, in the stretch of land that leads to the Norcrofts.
- Framric: 'My people could use your help against the Orcs, friend. Find their camp south-west of here in the East Wall, in the swath of land tat leads to the Norcrofts.'
- Céolbald: 'You are here to help? Thank the Hammerhand for that! We can use every pair of strong arms we can get!
- 'We rode from Harwick with enough men and horses to investigate the troubling reports of Orc activity in the East Wall, but we were not prepared for what we found. As we began pitching our tents and unloading the supplies, we were set upon by a contingent of Orcs! The battle was made the fiercer by its sudden joing, and though we drove off the enemy for a time we suffered many losses.
- 'Ask my anything and I will tell you, but if you have a moment could you see to the comfort of our wounded?'
- See to the comfort of injured Rohirrim throughout the camp (0/4)
Rohirrim injured in the recent battle with the Orcs need your help to be made more comfortable.
Wounded Rohirrim can be found throughout their camp.
- Céolbald: 'I will answer any questions you have, but please see to the comfort of our wounded in exchange for my answers.'
| Question Céolbald
- 'Mansig leads this company at the command of Harding, Reeve of the Wold. The Lord of Harwick is troubled by the report of Easterlings gathering in the Brown Lands, but he cannot ignore whatever has brought so many Orcs across the river into the East Wall. He charged Mansig with investigating the cause, and here we came with as much haste as could be mustered.'
- I see.
- 'This band is made of men from all reaches of Rohan, from Snowbourn in the Sutcrofts and as far north as Thornhope in the Entwash Vale. Most of us hail from Harwick, as does Mansig himself. It is my home as well. We rode south along the road when we were given this charge, stopping only at Floodwend to water our horses. We arrived at nightfall yesterday, and that is when the Orcs set upon us.'
- An Orc ambush.
- How did the Orcs surprise you?
- 'You may well ask that, and I imagine Mansig has asked Wilferth and Radwulf that very question. We knew there were Orcs in the East Wall, we knew they were here in great numbers, and still they managed to ambush us. I do not know how it happened. One moment we were making camp, and in the next we were beset by a raiding party of shouting Orcs!'
- He shudders.
- 'We were too confident in ourselves. We will not make that mistake again.'
- Easy words.
- What can you tell me of this land?
- 'I will tell you the truth, friend: the Rohirrim do not like to come to this land. There were often Orcs on the far side of the river, and small parties of the villains would cross in order to steal horses from the Mark. Something has brought them across in far greater numbers in the past few days; I know not what.
- 'It has not improved my opinion of the place.'
- I see.
Céolbald can be found within the Rohirrim camp in the East Wall, in the swath of land that leads to the Norcrofts.
You have seen to the comfort of several injured Rohirrim, and should return to Céolbald.
- Céolbald: 'Thank you, <name>. Many of those men will need to be borne back to Harwick to rest from their injuries, but until we can return to the Wold we must do what we can for them here.
- 'Ask me any questions you like, and I will answer as best I may. You will find work here, if you seek it. We must recover from the Orc attack and regain the initiative if we are to succeed in our errand.'