- Throughout the fight, Ivar will periodically call out "Face Durin's Bane and be destroyed!", at which point everyone in the group must be facing the balrog to take the hit from its impending attack. Healers should prepare a large group heal to counteract the damage spike. This is the only point at which the challenge quest is checked, but it's safer to tell the group to face the balrog at all times.
- The balrog drops fire puddles which cause a heavy DoT, so the fight should take place on the outside edge of the arena to leave more room to avoid puddles. The tank should pull the balrog towards the edge and then turn facing to the side, so that its punt attack doesn't send them over the edge. Everyone else should stay behind it, moving to the side to get out of fire puddles and then back in behind it once the tank has backed it up out of the puddle.
- Cure debuffs quickly, as the they are difficult to heal when stacked with the fire puddles, and the fear eye allows the balrog to oneshot you if you fall below a certain morale threshold.
- Once 6 deaths have occurred, the balrog will wipe the entire raid.
- The balrog grows more powerful as its morale gets lower, so pop all cooldowns once it drops below 25% and finish it off as fast as possible.