A dark stain discolours the bark of a solitary oak at the outskirts of a glade filled with the bodies of dead Orcs. The sight of blood is unmistakeable, but whose blood was it? And where did the wounded warrior go?
Someone who has seen many battles in war might be able to shed some light on what happened here.
You have found a dark stain on the large oak tree in the glade filled with the bodies of dead Orcs.
- Find a veteran of many battles somewhere in the East Wall who can shed light on the bloodstaned tree
If you are able to find a veteran of many battles and combats in war somewhere in the East Wall, he may be able to shed some light on what happened at the Dead Orc Glade.
- Wilferth: Wilferth listens as you describe the blood-stained tree at the Dead Orc Glade.
- 'Interesting,' he says after a moment.
- 'You say there was no body near the tree? And no trail of blood leading form the base of the oak anywhere nearby? It seems to me that our unknown warrior must have rest at the base of that tree after slaying the Orcs in that glade.
- 'One thing still puzzles me, <name>. Where did our mystery warrior go after his great deed? If he succumbed to his wounds, his body would remain by the tree. Did he survive? Or did he have friends to bear his body away?
- 'We may never know.'