Your eye is drawn to a curious sight, an arrow delicately made, finely-crafted and prepared with obvious care. It is an arrow of Elf-make, and as you study it you wonder if there is anyone nearby who might be able to shed some light on how it came to be here.
Clearly, its owner was fighting Orcs. But where did this mysterious friend go?
You have found an arrow in the woods. Curiously, the arrow is clearly of Elf-make, unlike the crude arrows of the Orcs in the East Wall.
- Find an Elf in the East Wall to ask about the arrow you discovered
You need to find an Elf somewhere in the East Wall who can study the arrow of Elf-make and tell you where it may have come from.
- Corudan: Corudan takes the arrow between his fingers and studies it carefully.
- 'This is most interesting, not at all like the arrows used by Orcs. I would know this craftsmanship anywhere: this arrow was made within the Golden Wood, within Lothlórien. I know whose arrow this is, but I will not speak his name here in the open.
- 'He did not loose this arrow for practice, or to test its flight: he fired it at a foe. See the blood on the point? He hit his mark. he sought to defend his companions from Orcs, that must is clear, but one thing troubles me: why did he leave this arrow behind? It is still intact, and could be used again on the road ahead. What spurred him to leave with such haste that he could not collect it, if leave he did?
- 'Danger, I do not doubt. But it is a danger he survived, for he is not to be found here in the East Wall, is he?'