'We need to find where Tanglemane and Bingo have fled, <name>. In order to do that, we should return to the place where we were attacked by that unnatural creature. If I can examine the soil at that location, I should be able to pick up their trail. Let us go at once to the south-east. If I remember correctly, the spot was in the Broadacres, just to the south-west of the overrun settlement of Bardh-dóram.
'We will find them before you know. Set aside your worry!'
Egwylf wants to try and find where Tanglemane and Bingo fled after the attack by the Nazgûl.
Egwylf wants to return to the place where you became separated from Bingo and Tanglemane. It was to the south-east of Woodhurst, in the Broadacres, just south-west of the overrun settlement of Bardh-dóram.
- Egwylf: 'We should return to the place where we were attacked by that unnatural creature. If I can examine the soil at that location, I should be able to pick up their trail. Let us go at once to the south-east. If I remember correctly, the spot was in the Broadacres, just to the south-west of the overrun settlement of Bardh-dóram.
- 'We will find them before you know. Set aside your worry!'
- The ground is blackened and smoking where you encountered the Nazgûl
- Talk to Egwylf near the location of the Nazgûl attack
Egwylf is searching for sign of Tanglemane's passage in the Broadacres, at the location where the Nazgûl attacked.
- Egwylf:: 'Hmm... I do not see any good tracks just yet, but I will keep up my search. You should study the ground for pony tracks as well, <name>. Tanglemane may have left some clue to where he has borne Bingo.'
- Search for Tanglemane's tracks near the location of the Nazgûl attack
Egwylf asked you to search near the location of the Nazgûl attack for a sign of Tanglemane's passage.
- Egwylf: 'You should study the ground for pony tracks as well, <name>. Tanglemane may have left some clue to where he has borne Bingo.'
- You find a number of pony-sized tracks leading to the west
- Look for Bingo along a straight line west of the location where the Nazgûl attacked
Tanglemane's trail leads west of the location where you were attacked by the Nazgûl, into the Stonedeans.
- A familiar looking man calls out a greeting as you approach
North of Brockbridge, you have stumbled across Humfrey Rumming in your search for Bingo and Tanglemane.
- Egwylf: 'There are a few tracks here, but they are indistinct.'
- Humfrey Rumming: 'Ah, hello there, <class>! It seems as if it was only yesterday that I met you in the snowy reaches of Wildermore, but business there was poor. I am bringing my wares south in search of a more eager market. I make for the Gap of Rohan. You are welcome to tag along, if you like.
- 'No? It is your loss, then! I wish you well on your way, but I really must be finding some customers for my marvelous wares, and there are none to be found here!
- 'A pony? I may have seen a pony hurrying to the west, but I did not pay it much mind. Now good day to you, <class>!'
Egwylf is on the road north of Brockbridge, looking for tracks.,
- Humfrey Rumming: 'A pony? I may have seen a pony hurrying to the north-west, but I did not pay it much mind. Now good day to you, <class>!'
- Egwylf: 'These tracks are indistinct, but I think they continue to the west. I believe Tanglemane carried Bingo that way.'
- Search to the north-west for more tracks
The tracks lead somewhere to the north-west of the road to Brockbridge, where you encountered Humfrey Rumming on his way to the Gap of Rohan.
- Egwylf: 'The tracks lead to the north-west, I think.'
- Humfrey Rumming: 'I may have seen a pony to the north-west of here. It was dark and I cannot be certain, even though my eyes are the sharpest in all the land! If I am not certain, no one would be!'
- Egwylf: 'I cannot make any sense of these muddled tracks, <name>. Bingo and Tanglemane could have gone anywhere!'
- The tracks are a confused muddle, but Willem runs up the slope and towards a south-west village
- Search Gapholt for Bingo and Tanglemane
Willem Whisker seems to have caught the scent, and has raced up the steep slope and towards a village on the south-west heights of the Stonedeans: Gapholt.
- Egwylf: 'I think Willem has caught the scent! He ran up the slope! Are there any villages up that way? It could be that Tanglemane brought Bingo to one of them... we should hope that it is so!'
- Tanglemane stands beneath a canopy filled with heavy apples, munching contentedly
- Talk to Bingo in the Gapholt
Bingo and Tanglemane made their way to the Gapholt, in the Stonedeans, and now you have been reunited with them.
- Bingo Boffin: 'Oh, am I glad to see you, <name>! I am also very proud of Willem Whisker! What a good boy, and a good tracker! You could teach Egwylf a thing or two about finding the lost, couldn't you, W.W.?'
- Bingo laughs happily, but then a shadows passes over his face.
- 'That was a very scary creature, <name>. I have never seen anything like it! It was good of Tanglemane to carry me away as quickly as he did. I am glad you escaped from that apparition unharmed as well! I hope we do not run into any more of those things. I used to be frightened of horses, but not anymmore if there are terrible winged creatures like that thing in the world. It is hard to believe!'
- Next week: 'Thoughts of Home' (Recommended Level: 93)