'Our dwarf has mostly recovered, and he has been telling me what happened to him. He is an adventurer, as we suspected! His name is Spalvi, and he has been wronged! He and his brothers were bringing a valuable artifact through the mountains when they were attacked by a band of Corcur nomads, and the artifact stolen!
'We should do what we can to help him recover it, <name>. He believes the Corcur brought the artifact to an old stronghold, a place called Helegrod. We should go there and bring these fellows to justice! That will make for an exciting story, will it not? But first, you should introduce yourself to Spalvi and learn what we will be up against.'
The dwarf you and Bingo encountered in the Misty Mountains has recovered from his wounds and has a new adventure for you to undertake.
- Talk to Spalvi in the narrow pass
Spalvi is in the narrow pass in the Misty Mountains.
- Spalvi: 'I am pleased to make your acquaintance, <name>. I have already thanked your excitable friend here, but I wish to extend my gratitude to you as well. Without your aid, I am sure to have perished.
- 'My brothers and I were transporting a very valuable keepsake through the mountains, a necklace of gold adorned with a beautiful ruby: the Rothstone. It is an heirloom of the dwarves and bears great value to my people, but we were ambushed by the Corcur tribesmen that haunt the snow-covered slopes. They slew several of mu kin; I live only because they believed I was dead as well. They stole the Rothstone and some other valuables, and fled to the north. I believe they have gone to the stronghold of Helegrod, once abandoned.
- 'I ask for you help to follow these Corcur villains and recover my stolen treasure. Speak to me if you are willing to do this. It seems that your friend Bingo is a bold adventurer himself, for he has already agreed to come with me, but I would value your help as well.'
Travel with Spalvi to Helegrod.
- Spalvi: 'I am ready to avenge my kin and recover our treasure. Death to the Corcur! Let us make our way to the stronghold of Helegrod!.
- Complete the Instance Instance: A Dangerous Detour
Spalvi has revealed himself to be a Dourhand, and he has hobbitnapped Bingo! You know you will need a plan if you are to rescue the hobbit.
- Glóin: You ask Glóin if he has seen Bingo around the camp.
- 'No, not for some time now. That lynx that follows him around has been missing as well. Why do you ask, <name>?'
- Glóin listens to your account, and as you relate Spalvi's treachery and the arrival of the Dourhands, his face darkens and he clenches his fists.
- 'Such Treachery! The Dourhands have been a thorn in my side for many years, but of late they grow more brazen! We will rescue that hobbit, and they will pay for the dead! But we must not rush into action or we risk its successful result. We need a plan: a daring plan.'
- Next week: 'A Daring Plan' (Recommended Level: 45)