Captains and Lore-masters have the ability to summon pets: NPCs that assist them and can usually be controlled in detail.
A Lore-master can summon an animal companion, or pet, to their side. These animals have special abilities and are able to assist the Lore-master in combat. Lore-masters can also summon non-combat pets which cannot attack nor take commands, but solely serve a cosmetic purpose.
|Lore-master Combat Pets|
|Raven||Level 4||Skill Raven-lore|
|Bear||Level 14||Skill Friend of Bears|
|Lynx||Level 30||Skill Lynx-speech|
|Eagle||Level 45||Skill Eagle-friend (Legendary Trait)|
|Sabertooth Cat||Level 56||Skill Friend of Feline Hunters|
|Bog-guardian||Level 58||Skill Friend of Nature (Legendary Trait)|
|Spirit of Nature||Level 70||Skill Commune with Nature|
|Lore-master Non-combat Pets|
|Cat||Level 29||World Drop Level 45+|
|Dog||Level 29||World Drop Level 45+|
|Fox||Level 29||World Drop Level 45+|
|Frog||Level 29||World Drop Level 45+|
|Hare||Level 29||Quest: A Friend of the Wild|
|Snake||Level 29||World Drop Level 45+|
|Sparrow||Level 29||Kindred Standing Elves of Rivendell|
|Squirrel||Level 29||World Drop Level 45+|
|Turtle||Level 29||Ally Standing The Mathom Society|
|Defender||Level 20||Friend Standing Thorin's Hall|
|Footsoldier||Level 20||Friend Standing Thorin's Hall|
|Lossoth||Level 20||Standing Lossoth of Forochel|
|Maid-at-arms||Level 20||Trainer Vendor|
|Man-at-arms||Level 20||Trainer Vendor|
|Pilgrim||Level 20||Trainer Vendor|
|Squire||Level 20||Trainer Vendor|
|Shield-maiden||Level 20||Trainer Vendor|
|Swordswoman||Level 20||Trainer Vendor|
|Warden||Level 20||Trainer Vendor|
|Archer||Level 56||Skill Call to Arms: Archer|
|Oathbreaker||Level 60||Level 60 Legendary Trait|
Lore-masters and Captains can control their combat pets through control bars. These have the same setup for all pets and work as follows:
- Attack: Attack the currently selected target.
- Follow: Move to Lore-master and then act according to his mode.
- Stay: Stay at current position and act according to his mode.
Modes (next four buttons):
- Aggressive: Will enter combat when valid targets are detected.
- Passive: Will not enter combat unless commanded to.
- Guard: Will enter combat if attacked or someone attacks Lore-master.
- Assist: Will attack the Lore-master's target.
- The modes Aggressive, Passive and Guard are mutually exclusive. A thoughtful Lore-master will set their pet to passive and control all actions with commands or skills while in a fellowship or raid..
Special command (next button):
- Return to Master (Lore-master pets): Transport directly to the Lore-master's side. Can only be used if out of combat.
- Rally! (Captain pets): Transport directly to the Captain's side. Can only be used if out of combat.
Pet specific skills (last three buttons):
- View these skills by visiting the specific pet's link.
Additional pet commands are available by typing /pet in the chat box or right-clicking the pet's portrait:
- Rename: Opens a box in which you can enter your chosen pet's name. Names (as opposed to the default pet names) cannot have spaces.
- Release: Dismisses your pet.
Lore-master Pet Control Bars
|Spirit of Nature|
Captain Pet Control Bars