Patch Notes - Vol II Book 8
Index to all release notes
Epic Book 8:
The plans of Gorothúl, sorcerer of Dol Guldur, begin to be made clear as ancient evils stir again in the depths of Khazad-dûm. Small fellowships must form to combat this emerging threat before the hopes of the Iron Garrison and the Elves of Lothlórien are ended by the darkness. The story of The Mines of Moria continues with new quests and challenges!
Of Special Note
The Summer Festival, coming in Book 8, now has two new events -- one in the Shire, on The Hill, and the second on the approach to Thorin's Hall.
Crafted Equipment minimum level usage requirement changed
Certain crafted equipment items had their minimum level usage requirement changed for Book 8. However, bound items in the player's possession which were changed to exceed the player's level will instead match the player's level. Non-bound and banked items are not versioned in this way.
Lothlorien Gift Box Changes
- There is no longer a chance to receive First-age items.
- There is no longer a chance to receive Tier 4 Runics.
- The Heritage Runes have significantly increased in value.
- o The lowest value is now 75k.
- o The highest value is now 250k.
- There is now a chance to receive Level 58 and Level 59 Second-age items (you can still get Level 60 Second-age items as well).
- The odds have been tweaked, the most significant of which is that there's now a slightly higher chance of receiving a Second-age item, but a lower chance of that Second-age being Level 60 (due to the inclusion of Level 58 and 59 Second-age items).
- The costs of the gift boxes have been significantly reduced: they now cost 15G 30S.
- The descriptions of the gift boxes have been changed to more accurately reflect the potential rewards.
- The gift boxes are no longer class restricted for those who mistakenly purchased the wrong box.
- Please note that there will be no compensation for those who have already purchased a gift box: when you opened that gift box you had a chance to get a Level 60 First-age item.
Explanation of Changes The gift boxes have been changed from a high-risk / high-reward design to a more friendly middle-ground design. The high-end rewards have either been removed (First-age) or had their chances reduced (Level 60 Second-age), while the low-end rewards have either been removed (15k Heritage Rune, Tier 4 Runics) or increased (250k Heritage Runes are now available). Because the high-end rewards have been removed/reduced, the cost of the giftboxes has been reduced as well.
First Age Legendary Items
First Ages are now dropped via a barter system.Each raid now drops barter tokens that can be saved up to use to trade for the First Age item of your choice. Vile Maw, Strange Happenings, and Dar Narbugud will all drop multiple tokens. Go visit the barter traders at the Hythe docks to see all the possibilities.
- Level 59 First Age's will cost 4 tokens
- Level 60 First Age's will cost 6 tokens
Currently First Age Legendary items are Bind on Acquire on Bullroarer. This change will be reverted and will not go live when Book 8 ships.
It's the Little Things That Count
The impending war between the Light and the Dark has caused many of the vendors in the world to fear for the stability of their livelihood. In an effort to retain business the vendors have now learned to sell stackable items in quantities other than "one" and "a full stack" in order to better serve you! While you have the vendor UI open you can now buy single items by default, or use…
- SHIFT to purchase a full stack,
- ALT to purchase a quantity that you specify in a pop-up dialog
- TAB to fill all stacks of the selected item type in your backpack.
Boat Keepers have arrived in Evendim
There is a new aquatic swift-travel route between Tinnudir and The Eavespires for 25 silver!
Full Release Notes
- We’ve removed knockdown as a Fellowship Manoeuvre starting event. All Fellowship Manoeuvre starts will now use a Fellowship Manoeuvre stun event.
- The buffs "Hope Unlooked For" (received from Glorfindel after returning a broken chain link) and "Mirdanant's Inspiration" will no long be dispelled on log-out or disconnect.
- Corrected several skills that were not playing attack animations when the character was disarmed.
- o Guardian skills
- + Bash
- + Shield Smash
- + Shield-blow
- + Improved Shield-blow.
- o Champion skill
- + Hedge
- In response to changes made to the Champion class, all legendary points on champion items will be reset so that players may adjust legacies accordingly.
- Clarified tooltip for Champion's Fight On skill
- The Champion’s skill Fervour will now have a -30% penalty to incoming healing. Champion skills that restore morale are not affected, nor is the Man skill Strength of Morale. This incoming healing penalty is not in effect in any PvMP area, though Champions will need to re-activate Fervour on entering or leaving such an area.The Incoming Healing penalty from Continuous Blood Rage will overwrite the Incoming Healing penalty from Fervour resulting in only -90% penalty when both skills are toggled on.
- The Champion Legendary skill Controlled Burn will no longer last for the duration of combat. Instead it has a fixed duration of 2:30 minutes. The only in combat activation and the 20% morale restrictions have been removed. In addition, activating Controlled Burn applies the effects of Ardent Flurry and Glorious Exchange to the Champion.
- The Champion Trait Controlled Fury has been changed. It will now increase the duration of Controlled Burn by 1:00 minute and add the Red Haze effect when Controlled Burn is activated.
- The descriptions for the Champion Traits Deadly, Vicious and Deep Strikes were updated to include Feral Strikes in the list of skills affected. This is a text change only. Feral Strike has always been modified by these traits.
- The third attack from Savage Strikes and Brutal Strikes will now be modified correctly by the two-trait bonus in the Berserker Trait Set.
- The stun effect from the crafted warhorns can no longer be evaded.
- Guardian skill, Thrill of Danger, should no longer cause friendly mobs to attack the player.
- The debuff effects from Guardian Stagger skill have been separated into an Attack Speed Debuff and a Runspeed debuff. Each effect can be removed separately. There is no other change to the functionality of the Stagger skill.
- The Guardian trait Litany Master will now trigger the threat over time effect on critical hits from the 2nd attacks of Shield Swipe and Sweeping Cut.
- The corruption removal countdown effect from the Guardian skill Improved Sting will now stack when applied by multiple Guardians.
- The Guardian's skill Protection will now require a shield to be equipped as mentioned in the skill's description.
- The Guardian skill Fray the Edge will now work correctly while untraited. In addition, once the Fray the Edge effect has reached its maximum value it will have its duration refreshed by additional applications of Fray the Edge.
- The Guardian skill Turn the Tables no longer requires the Guardian to face the target. All other restrictions still apply.
- The legacy "Strength Quick Shot Slow" is now properly buffing Quick Shot's slow.
- Fire bolts will no longer remain in the Hunter's hand after using Improved Swift Bow - Ablaze.
- The Minstrel skill Call to Greatness will now apply level appropriate versions of Shields Up and Guardian's Ward to Wardens and Guardians respectively.
- As expected in Book 7, we've had to tone down the IA damage progressions for the Minstrel to keep his IA contribution to DPS in line with his class role. This will allow us to maintain the 1-50 experience we want to see from the class.
- The tooltips for two of the Captain's trait set bonuses were incorrect. There were no changes in the functionality of these bonuses; the tooltips were just corrected to match their effects.
- The 3 trait bonus in Hands of Healing reduces the power cost on ALL healing skills.
- The 3 trait bonus in Lead the Charge reduces all Melee skills power costs. There were no changes in functionality of these bonuses.
- The Captain's trait Composure will now allow Time of Need to reset the cooldown on Shadow's Lament as per the trait's description.
- Captains can once again rename their banners.
- The Captain’s skill Cry of Vengeance will now have a 10 second window to be used as well as a slightly longer range.
- The Captain's class trait Loyalty now has an expanded description that mentions all of the bonuses for the trait. In addition, the trait's bonus to Herald's armour was increased slightly.
- Captains can once again use the Gleaming Striker, Flashing Bane, and Shining Star scrolls that add the bonus Light damage title to their legendary class item.
- Captains will now perform an attack animation when using their Kick skill while unarmed or disarmed.
- Quite a Snag now reduces attack speed by 10% and increases incoming damage by 3%.
- Small Snag still reduces attack speed by 5% and now increases incoming damage by 2%.
- Gamblers Strike no longer is guaranteed a tier 4-6 damaging Gamble. It's odds are better than other Gamble application skills, but not as consistent as it was. Existing Gambles on your foe will still be upgraded to max tier (including Damaging Gambles applied from other sources)
- All trait lines have had their bonuses re-ordered and modified.
- The 3 traitline legendary traits grant additional passive bonuses.
- Cunning Attack’s recovery is increased to 5s.
- Disable now recovers in 5s and lasts for 30s.
- Hidden Knife now increases damage from stealth.
- The IA legacy for Share the Fun has been removed. The +Stalk speed legacy now increases Share the Fun speed.
- Track Treasure can now be used in conjunction with other resource tracking skills.
- The tooltips of all Trick Removal skills now displays the effects they will apply.
- Gamblers Strike has its base damage reduced.
- Small Snag has its base damage increased.
- Cruel Odds has its application chance increased.
- Flashing Blades has its damage increased.
- The Even Odds buff increases gamble chance by 50%.
- Stick and Move now increases partial parry chances and magnitude.
- Little Annoyances, Dealings Done, and Practiced Bluff now reduce cool down by 140 seconds (was 120 seconds).
- Devastating criticals of Cunning Attack now apply even stronger Damage over Time.
- The "From Stealth" version of Cunning Attack has had its damage increased.
- "Well-placed Strike" has its Recovery reduced to 3 minutes.
- "Strategic Planning" now decreases Location is Everything’s recovery by 3 minutes.
- "Strike from Shadows" now increases stealth critical chance by a flat percentage.
- The Lynx's attacks "Feral Strike" and "Slashing Claws" will now properly / more consistently hit the targets in front of the Lynx. (A special thanks to the bug reporter, Valridan, for sending this issue in. This was tough to spot in game, but very blatantly wrong on my end.)
- Lore-masters will now sheathe their staffs on their backs with the staff head over their shoulder instead of near their feet.
- Lore-masters using Staff and Sword will now have attack animations during Fellowship Maneuvers.
- Lore-master squirrel pets will once again be able to follow their masters around Middle-earth.
- Lore-master Skill, Knowledge of the Lore-master, should be more accurate at determining monster fellowship skill immunity.
- Lightning Critical damage legacy was reduced.
- The Rune of Restoration has it’s unsummon distance reduced.This should help with it randomly pulling mobs after you are leave it.
- The Thunderous Words buff was erroneously claiming it reduced the Rune-keeper’s ability to bypass resistance. It now reads properly.
- Conflagration of Runes was erroneously claiming it reduced Induction time by .5. Its power reduction was also removed.
- Weapon of X skills debuff is no longer permanent. Debuff now lasts for 10 seconds. The rate at which the debuff applies was greatly increased.
- Fall to X skills no longer add damage to the skill that triggers them. The damage Fall to X deals is now treated as though from a separate source.
- Rousing Words has been slightly reworked. It will no longer pulse double on the RK. The initial pulse has been moved back slightly and the duration extended to maintain a pulse count of 6. This should cause minimal gameplay changes.
- Enamels now share cooldown.
- Inlays now share cooldown.
- Armour of Flame: Slightly reduced damage. Duration of Damage over Time decreased.
- Epic Conclusion: Base damage increased. "Closing Remarks" damage buffs decreased from 75% to 50%. Critical damage decreased. Net DPS of this skill should only be mildly affected. The highs will not be as high and the lows not as low.
- Ceaseless Argument: Damage and power cost decreased.
- Wrath of Flame skills: Slight increase in power cost.
- "Martial Training" now increases morale by 300.
- The rock centering the Rune-keeper's Rune of Restoration will no longer sink under the waves when used in deep water.
- Corrected typo in Warden's Reversal gambit description.
- Warden Damage over Time and Morale Transfer effects will now stack per caster. That is, each Warden can apply one of each of these effects to every monster.
- Elf Male Wardens will no longer constantly make odd noises while engaged in combat.
- Male elf wardens will now use the correct animation for Warden's Taunt.
- The Warden Legendary Weapon legacy for Exultation of Battle Threat Up was adding much more threat than was intended. This legacy has been brought in line with other threat-enhancing legacies.
- Corrected Warden combat animations while disarmed.
- The Warden skill Critical Strike will no longer have a delay before activating after a using a Gambit.
- The Heal over Time effect from the Warden Safeguard Gambit will now be displayed in the Buffs section of the UI, not Debuff.
- Warden gambits should no longer fail with "You cannot harm yourself." messages when executing gambits quickly after queuing the last required skill to perform the gambit
- Gambits that required slotted traits will no longer appear in the Gambit panel if the necessary traits are not slotted.
- Trout Master can now be advanced while in a raid.
- All tentacles in the Vile Maw now count for The Arms of the Watcher (Advanced).
- The Accomplishment "Seven Swords" is now properly displayed.
- The racial trait Balance of Man will no longer show as Earning when An Ancient Story of Evil is underway or completed. It is now properly shown on the correct accomplishment Enmity of the Hillmen.
- The Virtue Tolerance has had its bonus to in-combat morale regen corrected. Previously the virtue gave its maximum bonus at every level of Tolerance. Now Tolerance gives an in-combat morale bonus that increases to its maximum value at rank 10.
- The Expert Attacks deed will now properly update with devastating criticals.
- The Call of the Wild deed will now properly update with devastating criticals.
- The Strong Draw deed will now properly update with criticals and devastating criticals.
General Monster Play
- Addressed several issues that allowed for unintended gameplay.
- Monster Player health and power potions will now stack to 50.
- Monster Player food items will now stack to 50.
- Seeking charms and tracking talismans will now stack to 20.
- Cure fear potions (barter) will now stack to 20.
- Delving spirit stones, Tyrant's Crests, and Chieftain's Brooches will now stack to 100.
- Quest collectibles found in the Ettenmoors (such as Hobbit Legs, Barrels of Oil, Slabs of Troll Stone) will now stack to 100.
- Items with root duration reduction will once again affect root skills from Monster Player characters.
- Resilience (Reaver) and Snap Out of It! (Warleader) will cure root crowd control effects.
- Player channeled skills can now be used in water. Monster Player channeled skills were also updated.
- Pets will now properly attack when in guard mode and the master is attacked by a monster player.
- Players and monster players must now ensure that the tower bosses are dead to attempt to capture the tower locales.
- The level on Ranger and Troll quests offered when the population is unbalanced in the Ettenmoors are now level appropriate. The population mechanic is working correctly after investigating some reports.
- Goblins and Hobbits were confused at Tirith Rhaw - they would stay and defend the opposition. This has been addressed at the cost of a few toes and a lot of mushroom pie.
- Controlling their artifact and the players’ artifact will now give monster players a small bonus to all infamy earned in the Ettenmoors. Controlling both their artifact and the players’ artifact and all locations in the Ettenmoors will increase this bonus.
- Fixed an issue where Lainedhal's Insignias could still be used outside of the Ettenmoors and the Delving of Frór.
- Fixed a bug where in some cases, two Ranger session quests would become active instead of one during tracking for population balance.
- Rating is no longer visible to other players via the PvMP rank tooltip.
- Skills and Items no longer prevent/cure Conjunction Stuns.
- All player skills that cause a Fellowship or War Band Conjunction now use the Conjunction Stun animation/visual.
- The Warband Maneuver, Fell Spirit's Terror, will now give back the appropriate amount of health from the health transfer effect.
- Increased the damage over time components of the following Weaver skills: Tainted Kiss, Mephitic Kiss, and Piercing Attack.
- The Weaver skills Mephitic Kiss and Tainted Kiss will now do Acid damage to targets.
- The damage over time effect from Flaming Arrow can now be cured (and is a wounds effect).
- Rend Flesh and Rabid Bite's target icons will no longer be reversed.
- The Stalker's Rallying Howl heal skill has had its initial heal and heal over time components readjusted and increased.
- Increased the amount healed by the Warleader's Crack the Whip and Quit Whining and Fight! skills.
- The Defiler's Fell Restoration skill has had its induction time decreased to 2.5 seconds.
- Increased the damage over time components of the Defiler's Fire Gourd and Headbreaker skills.
- Increased the damage dealt by the Defiler's Plague Gourd and Tenderize skills.
- The Defiler's Plague of Flies skill can no longer be missed, blocked, parried or evaded. Instead, this skill can be resisted.
- The Defiler's Gooey Gourd and Plague of Flies skills no longer share the same cooldown timer.
- The Defiler's Plague of Flies swarm has been increased in level by 1.
- The Defiler's Plague of Flies skill cooldown has been increased to 30 seconds.
- Increased the heal over time components of the following Defiler skills: Fertile Slime, Fungal Bloom, Fungal Spores.
- Warden Carvings will now be searchable in the Auction House under Class Items - Warden Carvings
- Item roll displays are now limited to 2 rows of 5 items each. Any available items beyond that will appear as you act on the visible items.
- More UIs can be skinned, several fixes have been made.
- The client now has a /ui command that can be used to save the current layout of windows to an xml file and then load this layout.
- To save a ui layout type: /ui layout save <name>
- To load a previously saved layout: /ui layout load <name>
- In both cases the name is optional and if not specified it will just save to a file called Default_ appended with your current game window resolution. (e.q running in 800 x 600 results inDefault_800_600.layout)
- The error message and broadcast message UI boxes are now moveable via the "Ctrl+\" UI mode.
- Fixed a bug that was preventing the display of the queued skill border on quickslots for disabled skills. This was especially apparent to classes with reactive skills which they may have queued knowing their executing skill would fulfill the requirements of the queued skill.
- More UIs can be skinned, several fixes have been made.
- UI Skinning reorganization of panels (backed by the SkinDefinition.txt file) has been fixed. You can now reorganize the elements within panels.
- Fixed a memory leak with skinned assets
- Fellowship invite messages will now expire on teleporting or entering an instance.
- Items will no longer erroneously be bumped from your inventory into the item overflow.
- The Ornate Yew bow will now update skill duration tooltips properly.
- Effect icons will once again pulse when they are running out of time.
- Elements in a Barter NPC's list will no longer stop graying out once they are selected.
- When examining an Item Advancement class item, the view of your equipped class item will now display title effects on it properly.
- Housing furniture will no longer have their names erroneously truncated in their tooltips.
- Fixed an issue where the housing maintenance UI seemed to not be updating properly.
- Partial mitigation tooltip values from block, parry, and evade found in the character journal now include the values gained through additional modifiers, such as legendary item relics.
- The tutorial hint for traits now blinks on the trait menu button.
- Quest Guide indicators that are highlighted on the map (by mousing over the associated quest in the map's mini quest tracker) will now show up above any of the non-highlighted indicators. Also, the "ring" indicators will no longer be covered by shaded area indicators that are not highlighted.
- The Quest Guide map indicators will now visibly "pulse" when mousing over the associated quest.
- The Quest Guide quest list on the map will now save its position once you close the map or log out.
- Rummings Rants and Riddles now displays the entire isle of Tyl Ruinen instead of just one part.
- The Grand Stair - Igash's Lair: Correctly guides you back to the NPC.
- Several Helegrod quests now point to the entrance.
- Freeing the Forge now directs you to the entrance.
- Goblin-Town Tabbards will direct you to the entrances of goblin town.
- Elf Class Training quests will now display rings at the locations of the training dummies.
- Rangers and Rogues will no longer highlight the imprisoned Southern Leader in Bree.
- Flying the Coop - Trollshaws will display a ring.
- Silent Surprise will now shade its location.
- Foreman of the Great Wheel shows the entrance locations of the Chamber of Wheels.
- Way of the Pack will display correct locations.
- Dwalin's Plight: Sand piles will glow now.* Never Far From Home now correctly points and gives directions to the vineyard.
- Puzzle of the Carvings will no longer only glow with the one you need.
- Kinship charters will now correctly indicate that at least 8 members must be registered, or the kinship will be disbanded in 24 hours.
- We no longer spam your chat window with all the passive skills you earn when entering the world as a new character.
- There was an occasional bug where dying would generate a "string table error" in the chat window. This is now fixed.
- Fixed a client crash that occurs when dragging a separated chat tab into the text entry box on the main chat window.
- The name of kinship is now shown in the dialog to the player being recruited
- Housing lockout fees will now increase according to a schedule every week that the house is in lockout. The initial fee is the same as the existing lockout fee. Every week that the house remains in lockout, the lockout fee will increase until it reaches 90% of the house purchase price.
- The Housing Authority will also send an in-game mail to players with locked houses alerting them to the change in the unlock fee schedule.
Raids and Instances
- We have put in several measures in all high-level instances to prevent the exploits that had become rampant in these spaces.
- Tier 1 Raid Set now has Tough durability instead of Normal.
- The transition between stages 2 and 3 now takes longer, giving players more time to kill the tentacle spawns.
- The corruption melee buffs in stage 3 now pile up every 15 seconds instead of 5 seconds
- Stage 3 now takes longer to ramp up in difficulty and is spaced out a bit more.
- The Watcher welcomes you back with hugs and says he misses all of you very much.
- Igash could sometimes fire two aoe skills back-to-back making the encounter overly difficult. This behavior has been curbed.
- In the final fight of Fil Gashan, the Fire DOTs can once again be removed by standing in the waterfalls.
- Changes to The Lost One in the 16th Hall.
- Players should no longer get stuck in the Balrog platform.
- Belvagor's appearance is now consistent between Caras Galadhon and the Fanuidhol Battle.
- Resource Instances: Orc-cleavers and Orc-hewers have had their names swapped to better imply their character and skill set.* The Sentinel's Challenges have been versioned, so you will need to re-acquire them if one of them was underway in your quest journal. They will now fail if you fail The Battle of Lórien, in order to keep the timers from counting down even once the Battle is done.
- Quests associated with this instance will now update properly.
- Writing Host-crawlers no longer count toward the advancement of "Kill Boss" quests in the Resource Instances.
- The extra chests in the final boss room will no longer drop gold. Only the boss's chest will drop money now.
Hall of Mirrors
- Increased Warg-matron's corruption countdown from 10 seconds to 15 seconds.
- Nornuan can no longer be enraged.
- Nouruan will now remove the effects of Shield Wall with small penalties to those enacting and receiving the effects of this skill.
- Full details will be given in an upcoming dev diary. Until then:
- o Adjusted the minimum level requirements for most crafted light, medium, and heavy armour pieces
- o Adjusted the minimum level requirements for most crafted shields
- o Adjusted the minimum level requirements for most crafted jewellery
- o Adjusted the minimum level requirements for most crafted weapons
- o Optional Ingredients Revamp! Optional ingredients for many recipes were previously dropped by specific monsters in specific areas, which often led to difficulty imbalances between obtaining the ingredients for the different crafting professions. Additionally, many of these items merely stated, "This item can be used in crafting." This vagueness did little to help players identify which optional ingredients were useful to which professions (and at what tiers). I am happy to say that those days are behind us!
- o New optional ingredients have been added for the Cooking, Jeweller, Metalsmith, Scholar, Tailor, Weaponsmith, and Woodworker professions. These new optional ingredients replace the old optional ingredients, which can no longer be found in treasure or used in recipes. A new Trophy Broker NPC, located in Michel Delving, will exchange any old optional ingredient you might have for the appropriate new optional ingredient.
- o The new optional ingredients can now be obtained from two different, widespread sources: Humanoid Treasure & Resource Nodes
- o The tier of optional ingredient dropped via treasure is determined by the humanoid creature's level:
- + Apprentice Ingredients: Levels 1-12
- + Journeyman Ingredients: Levels 13-23
- + Expert Ingredients: Levels 24-34
- + Artisan Ingredients: Levels 35-43
- + Master Ingredients: Levels 44-50
- + Supreme Ingredients: Levels 51-60
- o The tier/type of optional ingredient obtained from a resource node is determined by the tier/type of node:
- + Farming Fields: can produce Cooking optional ingredients
- + Forestry Branches: can produce Tailoring and Woodworking optional ingredients
- + Prospecting Deposits: can produce Jeweller, Metalsmith, and Weaponsmith optional ingredients
- + Scholar Artifacts: can produce Scholar optional ingredients
- o The new optional ingredients now clearly state in their tooltips which profession and crafting tier (Apprentice, Journeyman, etc.) the ingredient is used by. Each new optional ingredient is used by only one profession/tier combination.
- Added a Make All button to the crafting recipe window which will make as many items that the player has components for.
- The "number to make" field in the crafting panel will no longer drop to 0 once you finish making a single item or a batch of items.
- The single-use Woodworking recipes for Warden Carvings now stack.
- The Peerless Turtle-shell Bracelet has been updated to be better than the non-crit version.
- The trophy item Flawed Ear no longer states in its description, "This item may be used in crafting."
- Fixed an issue with Light, Medium, Sturdy, Pristine, and Exceptional Hides having lower-than-expected coin values.
- Cleaned up the singular and plural names of many crafting ingredients and components.
- Changed the quality level of some quest-related & reputation-related crafting items to Uncommon (yellow).
- Added the various 'Ring of Tactics' one-shot recipes to the appropriate Jeweller recipe scroll cases.
- Corrected a typo in the crafting guide called, "An Explorer's Guide."
- Fixed an issue where some common trophy drops were using names identical to rare trophy drops. The common Blackened Claw trophy item has been renamed to Bent Claw, and the common Dusky Claw trophy item has been renamed to Crooked Claw.
- Updated the stat descriptions on all crafting tools that provide bonuses to critical chance and/or reductions in timed durations to include the specific profession(s) affected by these bonuses.
- Lowered the prices of all normal Apprentice, Journeyman, Expert, Artisan, and Master recipe scrolls.
- The following optional ingredients are now available from Lórien barter NPCs: Elven-cloth Lining, Elven-steel Grip, and Elven-wood Oil.
- The optional ingredients Elven-cloth Lining, Elven-steel Grip, and Elven-wood Oil were incorrectly marked to be "Bind on Acquire." These items can now be traded freely between players.
- All common crafting ingredients that are sold by vendors now state in their descriptions, "This ingredient is sold by suppliers and profession vendors."
- Reduced the number of optional ingredients needed to execute all farming field recipes from 3 to 1. Coupled with this, the price of one Soil of Rivendell has increased to 48 copper, and the price of one Soil of Lórien has increased 96 copper to account for the ingredient quantity changes.
- Renamed some of the Journeyman, Master, and Supreme Scholar Athelas Essence and Celebrant Salve recipes to bring consistency to the names of all tiers of craftable potions. In general, the names for all Scholar-crafted potions should be as follows:
- o Apprentice: Lesser potions
- o Journeyman: Simple potions
- o Expert: Greater potions
- o Artisan: Refined potions
- o Master: Distilled potions
- o Supreme: Infused potions, Pure potions
- Reduced the cool-down timer to 10 minutes for the following Battle & Warding Lore scrolls:
- o Scroll of Minor Battle Lore
- o Scroll of Minor Warding Lore
- o Scroll of Battle Lore
- o Scroll of Warding Lore
- o Scroll of Improved Battle Lore
- o Scroll of Improved Warding Lore
- o Infused Athelas Essence & Celebrant Salve Recipes: These recipes now require one Etching of Moria (previously one Relic of Khazâd-dm)
- o Pure Athelas Essence & Celebrant Salve Recipes: These recipes now require one Relic of Khazad-dm (previously one Tattered Khuzdul Parchment)
- Increased the quantity of some required ingredients necessary to execute the following Scholar's Guild recipes:
- o Greater Athelas Extracts Recipe
- o Greater Celebrant Ointments Recipe
- o Refined Athelas Extracts Recipe
- o Refined Celebrant Ointments Recipe
- o Distilled Athelas Extracts Recipe
- o Distilled Celebrant Ointments Recipe
- o Infused Athelas Extracts Recipe
- o Infused Celebrant Ointments Recipe
- o Pure Athelas Extracts Recipe
- o Pure Celebrant Ointments Recipe
- o Potent Athelas Essences Recipe
- o Potent Celebrant Salves Recipe
- New Rune-keeper consumable item recipes have arrived! Scholars can now craft inlays and enamels, which can be used to temporarily enhance the Rune-keeper's abilities. These recipes can be purchased from Rune-keeper trainers, as well as Novice and Expert Scholar NPCs.
- Improvements in smelting and refining technology have brought about some positive changes for prospectors who regularly make Bronze and Khazâd-bronze Ingots
- Apprentice Prospectors can now smelt two chunks of Tin Ore directly into one Tin Ingot. They can also refine one Tin Ingot and one Copper Ingot into two Bronze Ingots.
- Supreme Prospectors can now smelt two chunks of Khazâd-tin Ore directly into one Khazâd-tin Ingot. They can also refine one Khazâd-tin Ingot and one Khazâd-copper Ingot into two Khazâd-bronze Ingots.
- The Supreme Prospector recipe, "Mithril-infused Khazâd-iron Ingot" has been removed. The item it created is not used as an ingredient in any existing recipe. Sadly, any prospector that produced a Mithril-infused Khazâd-iron Ingot found themselves the proud new owner of an expensive paperweight! Good news though: Taddyn the Trophy Broker (located in the Bree Crafting Hall) will accept one Mithril-infused Khazâd-iron Ingot in exchange for one Mithril-infused Khazâd-steel Ingot.
- Corrected a typo in the display name of the Superior Cooking trail food, "Superior Buttered Scone and Jam."
- Fixed an issue where consuming a Cooked, Trail, or Fortifying food of a lower tier would have no effect (essentially wasting the food) if a Cooked, Trail, or Fortifying food of a higher tier was already in effect. The effect from a lower tier food will now be suppressed by the effect from a higher tier food until the higher tier food's effect expires. At this point, the lower tier food's effect will become active.
- Updated the names of the effects bestowed when eating cooked, trail, or fortifying foods, as well as from fine drinks. The effect names should now more clearly match the type of food they came from (Cooked Food, Trail Food, Fortifying Food, or Fine Drink).
- Reduced the amount of crafting experience awarded for the following Supreme Weaponsmith recipes:
- o Lethal Shield-spike Kit Recipe
- o Supreme Ancient Dwarf Shield-spike Kit Recipe
- o Lethal Caltrops Recipe
- o Big Bag of Marbles Recipe
- o Paralyzing Stun Dust Recipe
- Changed crafting UI category "Guardian Shield-spikes" to "Shield-spikes" now that they can be used by multiple classes.
- Corrected output quantities for the Supreme Weaponsmith "Lethal Shield-spike Kit" and "Supreme Ancient Dwarf Shield-spike Kit" recipes. The lethal spike kit recipe will now produce three kits for a normal success and three kits for a critical success. The supreme ancient dwarf spike kit recipe will produce 2 kits for a normal success and 2 kits for a critical success.
- Fixed the tooltip for the Supreme Jeweller recipe, "Turtle-shelled Bracelet." Tooltip no longer states that the recipe can only be used once.
- Changed the crafting UI display category to "Tokens" for the following Jeweller recipes: Dull Edhelharn Token, Faint Edhelharn Token.
- Corrected the plural display names for the following: Engraved Bloodstone Ring of Tactics recipe, Engraved Ruby Ring of Tactics recipe, Engraved Adamant Ring of Tactics recipe, Engraved Beryl Ring of Tactics recipe, and the Dawn-rose Ring of Tactics recipe. The names should now be consistent when you have a two or more of these recipes in a stack.
- The following Tailor's Guild recipe scrolls are no longer bound to players:
- o Exquisite Protector's Gloves Recipe
- o Exquisite Protector's Helm Recipe
- Adjusted the stats on the following crafted sets of medium armour to improve the usefulness of the armour sets for Hunters, Burglars, and Wardens:
- o Footman's Armour /Fine Footman's Armour
- o Scout's Armour / Superior Scout's Armour
- o Herald's Armour / High Herald's Armour
- o Marchwarden's Armour / Majestic Marchwarden's Armour
- Adjusted the stats on the following crafted sets of armour to improve the usefulness of the armour sets for Lore-masters, Minstrels, and Rune-keepers:
- o Superb Radiant / Exquisite Radiant (Includes Dwarf-make, Elven, and Westernesse versions)
- o Rock-climber's Armour / Rugged Rock-climber's Armour
- o Searcher's Armour / Superior Searcher's Armour
- o Treasure-hunter's Armour / Transcendent Treasure-hunter's Armour
- o Master's Armour / Magnificent Master's Armour
- o New Supreme Burglar's signal recipes can now be found in treasure.
- Added the Journeyman, Expert, and Artisan Rune-keeper Rune-satchel recipes to all Novice and Expert Tailor NPCs.
- All crafted Rune-keeper Rune-satchels are now Bind on Equip.
- Corrected the name of the Superb Leather Shoes Recipe.
- Fixed the name of the Journeyman Tailoring recipe for making tough leather shoes. The name of the recipe is now "Tough Leather Shoes Recipe."
- The Supreme Metalsmith crafted shield, "Superb Lothlrien Heavy Shield" now has Tough durability.
- New Rune-keeper item recipes have arrived! Metalsmiths can now craft chisels, which Rune-keepers can equip in their ranged item slots to provide increased damage. Rune-keeper trainers, as well as Novice and Expert Metalsmith NPCs, sell most of these recipes. More advanced recipes can be found in treasure!
- Reward recipes for Warden shields have been added to the Metalsmith's Guild reward vendor.
- Adjusted the stats on the following crafted sets of armour to improve the usefulness of the armour sets for Champions, Captains, and Guardians:
- Sell-sword's Armour / Superior Sell-sword's Armour
- Sentinel's Armour / Superb Sentinel's Armour
- Officer's Armour / High Officer's Armour
- Noble's Armour / Heroic Noble's Armour
- Corrected typos found in the tooltips for the following tools:
- Superior Bronze Smithing Hammer
- Superior Iron Smithing Hammer
- Superior Steel Smithing Hammer
- Superior Dwarf-Steel Smithing Hammer
- Superior Ancient Iron Smithing Hammer
- Superior Ancient Steel Smithing Hammer.
- New Warden item recipes have arrived! Woodworkers can now craft carvings, which Wardens can equip in their class item slots to decrease the power cost of their gambits. Recipes up to and including the Master Woodworking tier can be purchased from Warden trainers, as well as Novice and Expert Woodworker NPCs. More advanced recipes can be found in treasure.
- The trophy item named Long Horn (a required ingredient for the Master Woodworker Champion Horn recipe) now states in its description that the item can be used in crafting. The icon has also been changed for this item to indicate that it is a crafting ingredient.
- Adjusted the stats on Heavy Yew crafted weapons to differentiate them from Yew crafted weapons. Additionally, adjusted stats on the Stout Yew crafted weapons to differentiate them from the Hardened Yew crafted weapons.
- The Woodworker's Guild Reward Vendor now sells the recipe for Crafted Burglar's Club of the Third Age.
- The crafted instruments Elegant Drum and Exquisite Elegant Drum now correctly change Echoes of Battle damage type to Beleriand.
- When you slap someone with a fish, now you slap him/her/it with a fish, not just hold a fish while slapping him/her/it.
- In an effort to reduce some of the inventory space concerns the following have had their stack sizes increased.
- Most food items now stack to 50.
- Minstrel’s Lute Strings now have a stack size of 50
- All reputation tokens now stack to 100.
- Traveling Rations now stack to 100.
- All crafting-related ingredients (and components) now stack to 100.
- All new optional crafting ingredients stack to 100.
- All craftable morale potions, power potions, and cure potions now stack to 50.
- The Following Items have been re-leveled to match the new quest advancement structure.
- The Following Items have been adjusted:
- The Following Items have been changed to work with the new quest levels:
- o "Hengaim"
- o "Menedgaim"
- o "Cloak of Cardolan"
- o "Tallang"
- o "Taronn"
- o "Bombadil's Rune-stone"
- o "Toranc"
- o "Froth-ftar"
- o "Golfadanir"
- o "Gollos"
- o "Defender of Cardolan"
- o "Constable's Hammer"
- o "Malbellas"
- o "Daerechor"
- o “Glamír's Javelin”
- The following lvl 15-20 quest rewards, have been altered to fit the new quest structure:
- o "Saeradan's Bow"
- o "Saeradan's Leggings"
- o "Saeradan's Shoulder Guards"
- o "Maribell's Defender"
- o "Talloch"
- o "Thistleway's Trousers"
- Lothlorien Jewelry Sets
- o Cleaned up the text to be less confusing.
- o All 'clickable' abilities for these items now share a Cooldown.
- o Removed the 'placing trap' animation from the 'clickables'.
- o Reduced the amount of damage reflected by "Protector's Reproach".
- o Reduced the buff on "Lothlorien Knowledge".
- Fixed an issue with the display names of "Root" trophy items changing to "Root Fragments" when stacked.
- Heavy Shield "Naudh-caer" now has an equip and usage cooldown time.
- Fishing: Sturgeon Group Trophy is now set to Bind on Acquire.
- Corrected grammatical issues with the messages displayed to fellowships when a member of the fellowship opens a scroll case or gift box.
- Burnt Orange Wall Paint is no longer Bind on Acquire.
- Fixed typo in name of Pathfinder's Leggings
- Leggings from quest "The Blade that was Broken" have been renamed due to a naming conflict.
- The reward items for the Troll-keeper quest have been upgraded due to the difficulty of the quest. This change affects items: Longbeard's Hammer, Favargair's Foil, Trphadanir, Eldram. Also, two additional items have been added as rewards for this quest: A necklace and a pocket item.
- Increased the Power on the Rune-keeper's Word-Smith's Robe
- Added information to the Stonehelm Shield to tell the user that using its skill will root them for 16 seconds. This info was missing from the usage description.
- Wall of Annúminas shield now has a 5 minute equip cooldown instead of 10 minutes.
- Fixed typo in the description for Insidious Cuff
- Cloak "Jubut-rud" has a cooldown on usage now.
- Summerdays Fireworks are no longer destroyed when used.
- "Fur Lining for Mammutti Boots" item was using the wrong icon.
- Fixed a grammar error with the description of Sandson's Famous Hardboiled Eggs
- Fixed some javelins and rune-stones from quest rewards that had very low re-sale value, durability, and repair cost
- Two new home decorations are now offered by Lórien barter vendors. One item is a coat of arms offered by Orelleth and the other is a tapestry from Tharnelleth.
- "Master's Lamp Post" decoration item can now be fit into small slots.
- Warden's Spear Carvings are now set to bind to the player when equipped.
- There were a number of class items, such as the Hunter's & Lore-master's books, that were not set to bind to the player when equipped.
- Fixed a bug with the Runic Slab and Javelin of the Unbeliever that made them unusable for characters who wanted to use them.
- Fixed an issue with some items that caused a phantom drinking sound to be heard during combat.
- Fixed some weapons that had incorrect damage FX that didn't match the item's damage-type. In some cases the weapons were playing damage FX when the item's damage type was 'common.’
- Fixed typos in some of the Lothlórien reputation reward items.
- Corrected a typo in the plural name of the trophy item, "Mangled Stinger." The name now appears correctly when you have a stack of these items.
- Corrected the display name of the Lore-master's Staff of the Third Age. Lore-master is now properly hyphenated!
- The Helm for the Warden's Spear Hurler's Armor set now more closely matches the color of the rest of the armor pieces in the set.
- Some uncommon javelins were incorrectly set up as bows, causing them to use incorrect attack animations (amongst other problems). These weapons have been fixed and will now be properly treated as javelins.
- Scented Candles and the Horn of the Dwarrowdelf will now share the same cooldown channel that all Edhelharn Tokens use. All of these items have a 15-minute cooldown timer.
- Changed the tooltip on the Thrill-seeker's Gloves to read "-50% Search Speed." The previous tooltip indicated that the gloves would decrease the speed of searching, which was incorrect.
- The spring festival barter items Primrose, Marigold, and Violet are now set to Bind on Acquire.
- The Warden class items "Stalwart Guardian of the X" will henceforth be known as "Stalwart Guardian of the X"* The Sturgeon Group Trophy will no longer allow players to attempt to use it.
- Uncommon Jewelry and Uncommon Shields found on mobs in Moria are now Bind on Equip.
- The title "Hero of Caras Galadhon" (found in Lothlórien) has been fixed so that you can now apply it to a Legendary Item that already has the title "Defender of the Forgotten West". Also, the scroll which bestows the title is now named consistently with the title.
- Updated the deconstruction warning message to remind you that runics are returned to you if the item is of max level.
- Auto Combine will now pull from the highest counts in each tier first
- Only usable legendary items will appear in the list of slottable items when slotting items from the Legendary Items panel.
- Minstrels and Wardens will have all points spent on their legendary items refunded in response to changes made to their legacies so they can re-spend them accordingly.
- Improved the loot yielded by the Iron Garrison Resource Cache:
- Increased the quantity of crafting resources the chest can yield
- Removed all lower-tier resources from the profile
- Slightly increased the number of scroll cases the chest can yield
- Slightly increased the chance to yield a Mithril Flake
- Updates were made to many of the level 58-60 non-hard mode boss chests in Moria instances to have a chance of producing a 2nd Age Legendary item.
- The Strange Happenings Raid (aka Turtle Raid) now has some additional 1st Age and 2nd Age swords made in the likeness of the Filikul Spears.
- Reduced the odds of getting Honey & Oats recipes. Now the odds of getting them are high, rather than spectacularly awesome.
- Rare Lórien monsters Morthrng, Trglok, Rkath, Quílfra, Faegnar, Braigam, Zûbardh, Urbhâr, Gwollg, Mundaras, and Rascaras, and Nímau now drop Mithril Flakes.
- Orcs in Lothlórien now drop items and money.
- A couple of rare bears now drop Mithril Flakes: Daeranc and Belegbrog
- Spiders in the Corpse Pile now reward XP and Reputation when killed.
- When fellowship loot rules allow for rolling on keys, only players who have not added the key to their keyring will see the roll option.
- The Volume I Book 5 movie will now correctly play when completing 'Fire and Ice'
- Fixed an issue that was preventing the Volume I Book 6 movie from playing or from unlocking in the movie library.
- Removed an extraneous billboard being displayed during I.9.3 Added comments to several quests throughout the Volume I Epic line
- One elf male hairstyle did not fit to the back of the head properly. fixed.
- Fixed an inconsistency between the two Orvars in Moria.
- Corrected display of weapons by Ghash-hai orcs in Crafting Halls.
- Fixed Multiple visual effects and animation syncing issues for NPC blacksmiths in Archet and Lone Lands as well as NPC archers in Breeland, North Downs, & Buckland. The animation and vfx now play together.
- The Fell-Glass Spiders should no longer appear completely invisible on High Graphics Settings.
- Various terrain texture and lighting seams have been cleaned up.
- Various asset placement issues have been resolved.
- Various floating resource nodes have been grounded. Minor waterfall effect issues in the Chamber of Wheels have been resolved.
- Issues with assets viewed through windows in Barad Gularan have been resolved.
- Various terrain issues have been cleaned up.
- Update of Lórien cloaks for all avatars with degrades and uv edit.
- Lore-masters will now sheathe their staffs on their backs with the staff head over their shoulder instead of near their feet.
- Fixed a problem that was causing the ground to appear black or oddly colored at times within Moria.
- Bows, crossbows and javelins will now display various weapon effects while sheathed like melee weapons. This includes the various damage type effects as well as the glow of slayer weapons.
- The Doom-speaker in the Nameless Places instance will now properly animate as he knocks people back.
- Using throwing daggers now has an updated attack animation.
- Fixed a hobbit who was farming without any tools.
- Ongli in Gath Forthnir no longer turns when you speak to him
- Shire: Lucky Sling Stone: The deer corpse will now glow.
- Norsu-huata: Fixed a Gauradan who was in the wrong animation
- Various stuck locations have been fixed.
- Minor issues with impassable terrain in Eregion have been resolved.
- Pathing issues in the Refuge of Edhelion have been resolved.
- Tier 2 resources can now be found throughout the entirety of the Old Forest.
- Several campfires in Ost Guruth will now be burning. There were too many complaints about the time it took to cook over a couple of sticks and rocks.
- Perks purchased with Destiny points now persist through player sparring.
- The Sages of Eriador now offer one Master Scholar Scroll Case for three Marks of Triumph.
- Master Craftsmen will now interact with people who have abandoned, then reacquired their old profession.
- A generic supplier can now be found in the Blue Stone Garrison.
- The Bree-land outfitters now sell a Soft Leather Boot. Some of you may recognize these boots as once rewarded to you by Ted Pickthorn. Now anyone can get this style of boot from the Outfitter.
- Hambrennil will now display a barter icon and mapnote.
- Bainen will now display a mapnote.
- Dorongur and Gailthin have been moved forward slightly to allow their rings to be seen in the Refuge of Edhelion.
- Radar images for the Redhorn Lodes have been regenerated to remove odd render imperfections.
- Issues with the map and radar within Mekeb-farak and Bult-kar have been resolved.
- Issues with the Radar and Map within Zurr-thurkh have been resolved.
- The Forochel Tundra Pony will no longer be called the "Grey Pony" - it will now be correctly referred to as the "Tundra Pony" once again.
- Addressed issues where Creative X-FI cards would generate a BSOD in certain situations.
- Moose in Forochel will no longer stand around and allow themselves to be turned into Moose-burger.
- The "Swarming Bats" in the Hall of Mirrors will now properly summon bat pets.
- Burrow Mobs Take 2! Once again, monsters which "burrow" (Cave-claws, Shades, Dark-waters, Neekers) will no longer do so when they are near death, because that's annoying. Our first attempt at fixing this was equivalent to a 9mm; it should've been enough to get the job done, but it wasn't. *This* time we’re pulling out the Desert Eagle .50, that outta stop these jerks.
- Gramsfoot hobgoblins in the Bullroarer’s Sward area will now correctly use their large firepots to attack players.
- Corrected some naming errors associated with the items for the following crafting quests:
- o Consignment: Fine wood
- o Consignment: Valuable Ore
- o Consignment: Supple Hides
- o Consignment: Arcane Lore
- Summer Festival fishing quest "Stocking the Pond" has been versioned.
- Summer Festival barter reward vendors have been adjusted for consistency.
- Longo's Missing Wagon has been versioned, and currently underway, the quest will be removed from your quest log, and can be taken again normally.
- There were three stoic dwarves in the second half of 'The Last Refuge.' They didn't do anything, they just stood there being non-selectable! They have been... dealt with.
- Three quests occurring before the Raid on Archet were flagged for tracking the Bree-land quest deed. They have been removed from contribution. There are still many more quests than necessary to complete the Bree-land deeds.
- The dwarf pack for the quest The Forgetful Dwarf now spawns as all other quest items.
- All quests that were ticking up the Ered Luin quest deed in the new tutorial have been fixed to no longer advance the deed.
- April Fool's Day quest can now be removed from players' log.
- Fixed an issue with the required quests for "Leaving Middle-earth."
- Sharpen Your Skills quests now direct players to the correct location.
- The Unwanted Guest quest, part of the Book 1 Prologue, has been re-leveled to fit with the new level scheme of Bree. It is now level 15.
- The quest "The Vigil" now correctly states that you can complete the quest solo and at any time of day.
- Thickets for the quest to clear the stream outside Noglond are now functioning like normal quest objects.
- The mouseover for the Token of Salutation erroneously identified Frerin's Court as a turn in location. The offending information has been filed off of the token and the new location "the door at Thorin's Halls" has been painted in with red ink.
- Spider-bane is no longer able to be completed twice. You either get the quest from Atli or kill Iornaith and get the quest from her head.
- The quest "The Old Dourhand City" is no longer a fellowship quest.
- The quest "Into the Crags" in the newbie area of Ered Luin now directs players to the Mirkstone Tunnels at the bottom of the Axe head Path
- The quest completion text for the quest "Old Bones" in Ered Luin no longer alludes to the player having visited Gondamon with the wight skull.
- It will no longer be possible to have both the skip introduction and skip tutorial quests at the same time.
- In the intro quest "Intro: Seeing to the Defence" Dirk Mudbrick asked you to kill wolves and then stopped talking to you. This type of anti-social behaviour does not belong in this game. We are friendly and open. Dirk is aware of this mindset and will now talk to players on this quest.
- Spoiled Pie from Tuckborough can now be used by more than one player at a time.
- Quest item for Shaky Foundations now goes into your quest item inventory.
- Bounty of the Sea: There are now fish and bubblings at the locations.
- Angmar: Mushroom for Rivendell: the Mushroom will go into your quest journal and not your inventory.
- Northdowns: Wargs of Annundir: Updated the quest so the popup box would no longer instantly disappear. This caused the quest to be versioned.
- Evendim: False Wards: Ward of Doom will now go into your inventory
- Remembering the Old Songs quest now offers a sword as a selectable reward. The original item rewarded by this quest, Lost Minstrel's Walking Stick" has been renamed to "Hamall's Walking Stick" and the description has been updated so it no longer mentions it belonged to a minstrel.
- Some players had old copies of the Strange Happenings live event quest arc still active in their quest logs. These were supposed to be removed when the live event to open the raid was completed. They have now been properly removed as the quest and its bestowers/turn-in NPCs are no longer available.
- A complete overhaul of the structure under-the-hood of 'We Cannot Get Out' in order to deal with some of the issues causing it to become incompletable.
- Frar will no longer enter anti exploit in We Cannot Get Out.
- Stolen Stones: Toki will reset to his original location.
- Piercing the Walls: The wall will now burn and disappear.
- Carver's Stash no longer requires you to kill the troll. This caused the quest to be versioned, so if you have this quest underway when Book 8 goes live you will need to speak to the bestower NPC again.
- City of the Golden Wood: Minor adjustments have been made to the dialogue text to present a more accurate description of the surrounding flets.
- Galadriel and Celeborn should now give you Hope during 'Sons of Leaf and Stone' and 'The Worries of Lord Celeborn'
- The Lothlórien quest "Forms from Formlessness" is now repeatable.
- There is a new quest that will direct players from Mekhem-bizru (the Dimrill Dale) to Haldir's flet.
- NPCs involved in Volume I Book 13 now now have quest comments for all of that Book's quests.
- Added some text for the Pulpum to say when they're defeated as part of Volume2 Book 5 Chapter 1
- Fixed a respawn issue involving Amarthiel during an instance in Book 9.
- A mustering horn, present in the instance version of the final chapter of Volume 1 Book 1 in Bree-land, has been removed.
- The final chapter of Volume 1 Book 1 has been altered to allow for solo play. It is a very difficult solo adventure.
- Volume 2 Book 5 Chapter 2: Coffers are now unique and the quest can no longer be advanced by collecting respawns of a single coffer.
- Volume 2, Book 5, Chapter 5: The Way of the Smiths; enemies should now spawn more reliably.
- Volume 2 Book 7 Chapter 5 "The Wilting Rot" now gives level appropriate potions.
- Volume 2 Book 7 Chapter 8: Players must now clear Zurr-thurkh of threats before Orvar will arrive and enable access to the ruined Throne of Durin.