Patch Notes - April 9, 2007
Index to all release notes
The following patch notes are for the Monday, April 9 patch:
- Fixed a potential exploit with the auction system. For more info on what will happen if you had an auction pending, click here.
- Certain players (and one in particular - you know who you are) will be extremely happy to know that they can now have names with 3 consecutive vowels! However, we still think Legolaaas and Eeomir are pretty silly.
- We fixed an issue that could lead to players being stuck at the loading screen when trying to enter some instances. This will fix issues with the instances "Skorgrím's Tomb" and "The Refuge of Edhelion," along with many others.
- Fixed a loading screen hang that can occur when logging in.
- Fixed players being able to exit their client and logout immediately to prevent dying. So sorry, guys. Be more careful, because now there's no easy way out!
- Bûb-hosh, an orc leader present in the Retake Weathertop instance, escaped his cage and decided to hang out on the slopes of Weathertop. We think he honestly believed that we wouldn't catch him as he kept saying something akin to, "I would have gotten away with it, if it wasn't for those meddling kids..." We're not certain what that means, but Bûb-hosh has been returned to his cage.
- "A Guardian's Duty" can be completed once again! Guardians everywhere rejoice, drawing the attention of monsters as close as 15 meters.
- Fair Sherman is no longer quite so generous, so y'all can pack up those tents now and go home.
- Mr. Ranger finally caught the sneaky bear who kept following players and scaring them with his random growling. You won't be hearing him anymore. (However, his accomplice is still on the loose, so be on the lookout for a small brown bear with a bowtie.)